Why do so few Riders wear riding pants or leathers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear full protective gear so much that I feel uncomfortable without it. I also have use summer heat gear and winter cold gear. It just makes sense with the inherent risks of riding. All the gear is comfortable and I dont get scratches on the Tank and Plastic parts like I would with metal zippers and buttons on regular clothes. I just like really good reliable gear. B)

I still feel bad Doc, I thought it was an ashtray until you holstered it and said that cup was part of my protective gear :lol:

Has anyone seen textile mesh riding pants in a color other than black? When it's hot enough to wear mesh wearing black absorbs more heat/radiation than any other color.

Oh, I wear First Gear hypertex pants when it's cool and Joe Rocket mesh pants when it's hot.

I bought an Aerostich Roadcrafter two piece 11 years ago and never ride without both pieces. Since they incorporate Goretex they are quite breathable. I added the Bib Pants Converter several years ago, this allows you to shed the jacket only for gas stops, etc when it is hot out.

Has anyone seen textile mesh riding pants in a color other than black?
Sure. Gray, white, blue, other colors. Not as common. They also tend to become off-color with increased bug splats and road goo absorbing into the fibers.

Here, here, and here are examples.
Ignacio, Yes, my mesh jacket is blue. I was looking for light colored PANTS. Icon makes a tan pant but not in mesh.

I wear all protective gear except pants. When you're roughly the same body type as Homer Simpson you don't have alot (if any) choices. I wished it was just a matter of choice as to wearing or not wearing total protective gear for me. I'm short-legged, long torso. Anything I want to buy to accomodate my waistline forces the inseam length several inches too long. Hell, I might have to sell the FJR and buy a cruiser! :lol:

I wear all protective gear except pants. When you're roughly the same body type as Homer Simpson you don't have alot (if any) choices. I wished it was just a matter of choice as to wearing or not wearing total protective gear for me. I'm short-legged, long torso. Anything I want to buy to accomodate my waistline forces the inseam length several inches too long. Hell, I might have to sell the FJR and buy a cruiser! :lol:
Doh!

I'm short-legged, long torso. Anything I want to buy to accomodate my waistline forces the inseam length several inches too long. Hell, I might have to sell the FJR and buy a cruiser! :lol:
I am built the same way and my First Gear pants have burn marks on the back of the right leg to show what a cruiser will do to them.

Now if you are wanting to trade your FJR for a cruiser do I have deal for you, btw is it an AE???? :D