Why is nothing wrong with my bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Hughes

Reaction score
So I know that I am a lucky guy because I read the posts with the problems but why is it that I don't have any? Is the other shoe going to drop? Or am I a lucky guy with a reengineered bike?

BTW I love this bike and I am going to keep it even if I buy other bikes in the future, it's a fun bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean Bob. I have an 06 with 19,000 miles on it and (knock on wood) no problems ever. Well, sometimes it does go too fast, lean too far, and make me grin like some idiot. Those are just minor problems that I can repair myself.

No problems here either. Great running bike and always brings a smile to my face.

Other than the Tick I hear about on the older ones....

What kind of problems are inherent in these machines?

I am in the process of looking for one, so I would like to know what to be aware of and look for.

I would like a 05+ but that is not locked in blood.

Pete

You guys are all just a bunch of troublemakers... with your well-running bikes and all... sheesh... where's the fun in that? :rolleyes:

Hola,

2006 named auntie Blue, No Problems whatsoever, but have equipped her with PCIII + + + + +.

The latest farkle was superbrace. Jeeze, it really made a huge difference when doing the curves.... ! :yahoo: !!!

Tks, to Jeff at Sportbike effects !

Tor

Bob, it's real simple.

You painted your house to match your bike - so it's happy with you.

fjr%20right%20side%20rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really glad to see your post. Every time I start up my '07 I listen really close for the dreaded tick, ignition switch going bad, rear brake locking or some other gremlin. (Don't have to worry much about altitude surging, since the highst "mountain is about 70 feet). I don't have many miles on mine yet, gut I'm hoping that I share your experience!

:yahoo:

I feel for ya Bob, I got a 06 factory freak, never gives me any thing to bitch about----------think I could get a refund?

I'm really glad to see your post. Every time I start up my '07 I listen really close for the dreaded tick, ignition switch going bad, rear brake locking or some other gremlin. (Don't have to worry much about altitude surging, since the highst "mountain is about 70 feet). I don't have many miles on mine yet, gut I'm hoping that I share your experience!
:yahoo:
I haven't heard of a single GenII ticker. Seems like the shorter exhaust valves did the job.

I only have one problem with the FJR. It takes up so much of my time on rides. Darn. :rolleyes:

Bob, it's real simple.
You painted your house to match your bike - so it's happy with you.

fjr%20right%20side%20rear.jpg
You are quite astute, but I painted the house pink and burgundy a few months ago for my wife Jeannette. She had breast cancer a couple of years ago and pink is her favorite color so when she was feeling a bit down I thought that I would try to cheer her up. Matching the bike color is an added bonus of course.

So I know that I am a lucky guy because I read the posts with the problems but why is it that I don't have any? Is the other shoe going to drop? Or am I a lucky guy with a reengineered bike?
BTW I love this bike and I am going to keep it even if I buy other bikes in the future, it's a fun bike!
Just ride to the top of Pikes Peak with an '07 and you will experience the surging problem. You will have to restart the engine every ~2000 feet or about 3 times from the gate to the top. Hit the kill switch, turn on kill switch, hit starter button and continue. What a pain.

Just ride to the top of Pikes Peak with an '07 and you will experience the surging problem. You will have to restart the engine every ~2000 feet or about 3 times from the gate to the top. Hit the kill switch, turn on kill switch, hit starter button and continue. What a pain.
Pikes peak made my 2005 GL1800 go to max temp before we left the pavement. I look forward to trying it out on my FJR :D

Maybe...but then again maybe not. Granted Pikes Peak is 14,100 feet, but I had no surging going over Raton Pass at 7900 feet, Wolf Creek Pass at 10,800 feet and only slight intermitant surging that I was able to still ride with going through Lizard Head Pass at 10,200 feet. My bike only had about 2,000 miles on it at the time so it's possible it'll get worse but I'm knocking on wood that it stays the same!