Why so many FJRs for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honzo

Reaction score
I expect to shop a gen2 next year but am wondering why so many are for sale with so few miles and no explanation. I really want one of these and am hoping there isn't some unspoken flaw that I might not be able to stomach. Please set my mind at ease, as I have established this machine as my "dream-bike".

People move on, tastes change, needs change, budgets change... No flaws, just what happens. Me, I'm riding my '05 into the ground, then I'll restore it and start all over again.

You are member number 8,374. If half of the people that signed up for this board are still active, and there are 40 bikes for sale, that is less than 1% of owners selling the machines. I think the percentage of bikes for sale is pretty low.

Personally, I won't sell mine until the insurance agent totals it.

And, just like TWN said.

You are member number 8,374. If half of the people that signed up for this board are still active, and there are 40 bikes for sale, that is less than 1% of owners selling the machines. There are alot less than 40 for sale. I think the percentage for sale is pretty low.
Personally, I won't sell mine until the insurance agent totals it.

And, just like TWN said.
well, shit, I need to learn the diffrence between edit and reply.... frikki'n noobie

Last edited by a moderator:
People move on, tastes change, needs change, budgets change... No flaws, just what happens. Me, I'm riding my '05 into the ground, then I'll restore it and start all over again.
I understand circumstances govern (which is why I currently do not own a bike), but some of these things are getting turned around with less than a season's riding on them. I, tend to keep a machine for the long haul unless its a lemon.

Honzo, the generation 1 bikes are prone to excessive valve guide wear, aka 'ticker's.

It looks like that was fixed in 2006.

The 2007 models have some interesting fuel injection mapping issues, causing bucking and snorting with elevation changes. There are plenty of threads all over the forum discussing these issues..

If I was looking, I have to settle on an 06. No ticks + No surging = best year yet.

Honzo, the generation 1 bikes are prone to excessive valve guide wear, aka 'ticker's.It looks like that was fixed in 2006.

The 2007 models have some interesting fuel injection mapping issues, causing bucking and snorting with elevation changes. There are plenty of threads all over the forum discussing these issues..

If I was looking, I have to settle on an 06. No ticks + No surging = best year yet.
However, my reasearch has uncovered that Yammi is covering those few bikes that are tickers...whether you have YES or not.

06 might be a better year, but the Gen 1 bikes are still extremely capable. Besides, the Galaxy Blue is the fastest color :rolleyes:

I bought a used 05 last June with 2,350 miles on her...Just broken in. The seller stated he needed to give up a hobbie and chose to keep paragliding as he just didn't ride.

I've been quite pleased with it and will keep her till I'm ready for a wing in 5-8 years.

Just my $0.02 worth

Wasn't this question asked about this time last year?

As far a concerns about problems, I found it comforting to lurk on some of the other brand's boards... they seem to complain about pretty much the same things as we do on this forum.

B)

My take on it is that it is getting near the end of the year. To a lot of people bikes are toys, and some people like to get new ones every year or two. We have new models available from various manufacturers to consider. Bikes dont fly off the shelves in the cooler months. So, anyone thinking about testing the waters on the sale of a bike of any kind wants to offer it up before the year changes and whatever they have becomes another year model older. I would offer mine for sale, but who wants a 30k mile ex and maybe future ticker.

I thought long and hard about an '06 or '07, mostly due to the tick scare, but stuck with the '05 because I'm convinced it handles quicker and I've got a lot of farkles on it. I've had the exhaust off several times for mods and no sign of oil in the exhaust ports at nearly 20,000 miles. Can't think of anything else I'd rather have. May even buy another '05 in the future if price goes down even more.

[SIZE=12pt]Just adding to ZZZZIP's observation; we (Japanese bike owners) pretty much all complain about the same stuff, mostly the ergo's of the bikes, because the bikes were designed using the Japanese male form as a model. [/SIZE]

The typical average Asian male is 5'5" tall, weighs 120-150 lbs, has a 32 -34 inch inseam and a 28 -34 inch torso (yes, long legs, short body) and 32-35 inch arm length.

The typical average Caucasian male is 5'10" tall, weighs 145-210 lbs, has a 28 -32 inch inseam and a 35-41 inch torso (short legs, long body) and 31 -34 inch arm length.

You don't hear Harley, Buell, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, (European bike brands) complaining about ergo's as much?

Mechanics such fuel injection & mapping, suspension, brakes, etc... are all relative around the world, except for Ural & Royal Enfield motorcycles. :rolleyes:

IMHO,

Violione

it does nothing perfectly, but, it does do a lot of things very well making it extemely versatile

Last edited by a moderator: