Wich would be the best

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sml-27

Reaction score
With so many seat options out there wich one out of these are the best overall for rider and passenger. Just a note im 6 foot and the wife is 5'11''.

YAMAHA FJR 1300 GEL COMFORT SEAT RIDER SADDLE

Yamaha FJR1300 Ergonomic Seat w/ backrest option

CORBIN CANYON DUAL SPORT TOUR SEAT

or is it best to spend big money and go with a custom seat from russell day long or rick mayer.

or is it best to spend big money and go with a custom seat from russell day long or rick mayer.
This option. Add Bill Mayer to the list of the other too.

They're not that much more. And I've seen too many people around here buy a Corbin or Sargent and then end up forking out for the Russell, R. Mayer, or B. Bayer anyway. Save the dough up front.

[SIZE=8pt]Full disclosure: I have a Rick Mayer saddle. Love it.[/SIZE]

IF...the OEM seat isn't working for you AND you plan to take long day rides or trips together, IMO: spend invest the money in the comfort of a custom seat.

I have a Russell and it transformed my experience into an "all day" for many days. Others have had the same success with other seat builders.

There is a lot of information found by using Google:

custom seat site:fjrforum.com

seat site:fjrforum.com

aftermarket seat site:fjrforum.com

Happy shopping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Other peoples input is great and will help guide you maybe to a quicker resolution and more options; however, it really gets right down to personal preference. Is your bum happy or not. :)

With so many seat options out there wich one out of these are the best overall for rider and passenger. Just a note im 6 foot and the wife is 5'11''.YAMAHA FJR 1300 GEL COMFORT SEAT RIDER SADDLE

stay aweay from the yamaha spec corbin! very hard foam makes breaking in the seat a lifetime event..

i put a sargent on and it is very comfy!

cadman

Thanks for the suggestions, but I had to be dumb and ask my wife to hope onto my dads goldwing and now she wants me to get a wing.

With so many seat options out there wich one out of these are the best overall for rider and passenger. Just a note im 6 foot and the wife is 5'11''.YAMAHA FJR 1300 GEL COMFORT SEAT RIDER SADDLE

BMS make a good comfortable leather seat. however i am 5'9 my wife 5'7. the tallest i have experienced is the factory seat

spend the big money, your wife's azz is worth it. maybe a LeadWing too.

+1 on the Russell

Thanks for the suggestions, but I had to be dumb and ask my wife to hope onto my dads goldwing and now she wants me to get a wing.
I would think that a custom seat and a top case will make her comfortable and secure. Show her the pictures from the ride we had in NorCal yesterday and you will see many smiling couples. Linked here!

I bought my 06 FJR on May 1st. I immediately bought the Yamaha Gel seat. I took a 3 hour ride (1.5 hours each way), my butt hurt for 2 days. I immediately sent my stock seat pan off to Bill Mayer, had it back in no time. They received the seat, did my seat and sent it out the next day! I rode 7 hours round trip a couple of weeks ago and was not sore a bit. I was ready to get off the bike after 7 hours, but could have jumped right back on and it would have been fine.

I have two friends who ride and they always complain about their seats, but won't bite the bullet and buy a custom. All I can say, it is the best money I ever spent on both my FJR and my previous V65 Magna.

Last edited by a moderator: