Wild Bills Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
I wanted to order a pair of the Wild Bills Highway Pegs but wa wondering if the lean clearance if effected? Do they scrape before the footpeg feelers?

TIA,

Rob

Extended they will reduce the lean angle some. If they are folded up the regular pegs should touch down first. Of course, if you've added extenders and other stuff, all bets are off...

Griff

I added extenders to the foot pegs I hung off of Wild Bill's brackets on my '05, so they can touch down if I leave them down in the twisties. But I was careful to choose extenders that hinged close to the brackets, and they are forced to fold up by themselves should they touch down. Both sides now sport bevels ground by the road. No biggie, and they are very handy devices on tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done making some stainless pegs for the FJR .

Made the Hinge close to the mount plates .

Don't know if they reduce cornering ground clearance yet .

They are set out far enough to get my knees out into the wind and catch some cool air .

Also made the pegs match my bar ends .

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Just got done making some stainless pegs for the FJR .Made the Hinge close to the mount plates .

They are set out far enough to get my knees out into the wind and catch some cool air .

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg
Tell me that's not a spike on the axel. let me guess, the kickstand is a skull and bones? :)

Jarmo,

If you show up to EOM with those the girl with the red dress won't be in the bar... :lol:

JW

Just got done making some stainless pegs for the FJR .Made the Hinge close to the mount plates .

Hey Jarmo,

Can you make me a pair of those? Did you have to drill anything on the wild bill mounts?

Thanks,

Roger

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Just a word of caution about mounting the pegs themselves. I did not notice the peg had twisted on the left side and when it was folded up it hit the engine case. I found out the hard way. Dropped the bike at gas pump (oil slick), peg folded back into the case and did minor damage. I never fold the pegs back but now I check them every so often.

How about some of these spikes for the FJR .

I can make another set .

MVC-001S.jpg

My previous ride was a Harley .

I am thinking about drag pipes for the FJR next .

How about some ape-hanger handlebars .

this mixed breed mutt is lowering the pedigree of the Sport Touring Bike .

Spikes how silly !!!!!!

I do detect a bit of Harley fobia on here .

Guess I hijacked this thread , or did I get led astray by someone else,s comment .

I wanted to order a pair of the Wild Bills Highway Pegs but wa wondering if the lean clearance if effected? Do they scrape before the footpeg feelers?
TIA,

Rob
Back on topic. If you have the fold up the pegs that Wild Bill sells with the mounts, you probably won't have any issues with scraping. I bought mine from Ngarider and he had touched the mount down on the right side a few times. Keep in mind that he is a crazy nut and can damn near scrape one of the mirrors when going through the twisties! :eek:

JW

What's with the mad max bmx stunt pegs on the other axle?

I think they are bad ass I ordered a set.

Looks like some image concerns are running rampant in your ego. Have you looked at an HD lately?

Those stilletto axle caps aren't just for looks, they actual send out an LED beam horizontally in either direction which transmits to a handlebar mounted LED readout which measures the lateral distance between vehicles on either side to help with close lane splitting situations.