• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wireless realtime tire pressure monitor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane: Did your unit change the temperature units to Fahrenheit? Mine defaults to C and won't change.
**Update**

Vancosport tells me that on motorcycle units, they don't display Fahrenheit because of character spacing (which I assume to mean the number of digits, because F will often go to 1xx degrees, where C will not).

Anyone have different experience? At least the thing does PSI.

On a happier note, they do display tire pressure. Not sure about battery life, but it turns itself off after you're stopped so I can't see needing batteries alot unless you're using the backlight alot.

It won't (AFAIK) display anything until you're moving. So, no morning tire pressure check before leaving the house.
ngarider,

1) Only shows temperature in Celsius which isn't a big deal since the conversion is EZ to Fahrenheit, the temperature gauge on the receiver is usually off about 3-4 degrees C, my bike has the temperature!

2) Battery life isn't too bad especially since I ride as much as I can.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the purchase.

Best Regards,

Shane

The temperature conversion is no big deal (albeit a nasty suprise), and I actually find it very accurate for ambient temp. I have only its data to go on for tire temps. Having a GenI, I have no other ambient temp. :)

As to tire pressure, it seems dead on and the alert function for low pressure and temp is great.

Hello there TPS fans, ...I was wondering if you have this system what exactly the settings are that you are using?

I have my tires usually at 40 psi up front and 42 psi in the rear tire, and my settings are as follows:

front tire: hi: 46 psi

front tire: lo: 34 psi

front tire: hi: 48'c (120’f)

front tire: lo: 4'c (40’f)

- - - - - - - - - -

rear tire: hi: 48 psi

rear tire: lo: 36 psi

rear tire: hi: 48'c

rear tire: lo: 4'c

('c = degrees Celsius)

Jon

Latest posts