• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wireless realtime tire pressure monitor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone received theirs yet? My new Avon Storms are at the dealer - waiting on the Tire-Watch to put 'em on....
Just got back from the post office. My Tire Watch has arrived today.

Thanks to everyone involved.

dougc

Truthfully, I am glad this is the case, as I do NOT want the 90-degree valve stems! ;)
Why is that? I've found them to be much more convenient for keeping my tires inflated.

dougc

(jus' askin')

It seems they are arriving - I've just signed for my set from the USPS carrier.

Well - has anyone else opened their's ?

My wife bought me mine for my xmas present (Honeeeeyyy, lookit whut u kan give me fur xmas ...) and even though this is the case, I had to open it just to make sure that all the little bits were there ....

and it came with ....

90 DEGREE VALVE STEMS !!!! Anyone else's? I have been wanting a set of these .. :clapping:

Damn... mine has 90-degree valve stems as well..... :angry2:

it seems the batch we got from tire watch, ALL had 90 degree stems regardless of the code on the box. i would suspect there was a change in design without due notice, or a simple mistake at the factory. i do apologise. Warchild, what gadget do you have on your stems anyway? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems they are arriving - I've just signed for my set from the USPS carrier.

Well - has anyone else opened their's ?

My wife bought me mine for my xmas present (Honeeeeyyy, lookit whut u kan give me fur xmas ...) and even though this is the case, I had to open it just to make sure that all the little bits were there ....

and it came with ....

90 DEGREE VALVE STEMS !!!! Anyone else's? I have been wanting a set of these .. :clapping:
Yep mine had ninety* also.

Warchild, what gadget do you have on your stems anyway?
IIRC, it was something like this:
]
stemcaps-red.jpg

-- or this --

Aa111sc.jpg

oh you have to be kidding me :)

UPDATE

FYI Just confirmed that all tirewatch motorcycle kits will come with 90 degree stems from now on.

Damn... mine has 90-degree valve stems as well..... :angry2:
Are the 90's ok for sustained high speed with the kind of dust cap shown above? Not that you ever get involved in such riding past times. :D

Had mine installed on Friday, along with my new Avon Storms :clapping:

Note - the instructions included in the kit are translations from the french translation of the original taiwanese [i think] -- anyway, much less than obvious - thing Givi top-case mounting instructions.

Vancosport's included the link to better instructions several times. Genius that I am, I never followed it until I was trying to do the installation -- you need to register and get approved at his forum before you can get to the instructions.

Just in case anyone else makes the same goof, I've copied the instructions to a second location - mounting instructions -- (V - let me know if this is an issue...)

Notes:

1) To ldl-technology: the english acronym WUS (for Wheel Unit Sensor) is perhaps not the best one for marketing in the US...

2) The units come linked to the display unit, so you can ignore most of the instructions [sections B, C, D, E and F] -- at least until you have the units mounted and the tires mounted on the bike - then just follow the instructions in the box at the top-right hand side of the english language page, labeled FIRST USE OF THE DISPLAY . The display unit will not perform any of the functions in B (except on/off), C, D, E and F until after you've gone through the FUOTD steps.

must be a french thing...

In summary - they were a bit pain to get installed (it hurts to be stoopid :graduated: ) - but really cool to have the data..

Vancosport, are you shipping from inside EU? (VAT bullshit for me..aka, is the price the price to my EU door?)

HELP!!!

Has anyone else had difficulty installing these?

Mine (wheels and tire watch system) are at my mechanics right now and he is having no luck getting the valves to seat/seal with the rim, and to both of us, after reviewing the installation manual a dozen or so times, it would appear the valve is held against (into) the rims outside surface by the pressure of the spring and by this only?

Anyway; he can’t get any more than about 10 psi into the tire before the air pressure pushes the valve out and releases the air.

Is the tires air hold ability relying on this springs outward tension, or am I and my mechanic (who has been working on bikes for well over 12 years) both losing it a bit?

Please help as I stated my wheels are at the shop now and the mechanic is at a stand still until he hears back from me.

Any drawings/advice will be of great help at this point.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

-Jon