Women who ride FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, a quick search of the member list shows approx 18% of Forum Members are female

By the way, a quick search of the member list shows approx 18% of Forum Members are female
That's great!! I only met a hand full of the you gals on those bad ass toys,
bike.gif
hope to meet some more...
thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately, that's VERY misleading. MANY of that 18% are simply ----
confused at how to correctly select the right choice when they sign up. Choices don't include both, sometimes, when?, neither, fauna or alien. However, all the women I have ridden with have been women, but that doesn't mean they are all ladies all the time
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP - I'm 5'8" and while I started learning on my friend's FJ the first bike I bought was a v-star. Mostly due to his idea that the FJ would be too much of a bike for a beginner. Probably so, but I didn't last very long on the v-star till I bumped up to an FZ6 - still thinking the FJ might be too much. Had that one for several years and always jumped at the chance to ride my friend's FJ so I finally got one of my own last year. I LOVE it. I am comfortable on it, handle it just fine and now I wonder what took me so long.
bike.gif

I always wanted a GF who rides but my current does not. 2 up for me. I started her out on a scooter....it did not go well.

The FJR is my 3rd bike and I still have the other 2. I wasn't comfortable with the stock height so I used the Soupy's adj links to lower it. That's my son in my avatar - we did 5000 miles in 13 days out west last summer... we saw 5 National Parks, stopped at 15 Harley dealers and crossed the Continental Divide 9 times. I crossed a bunch of stuff off my bucket list and still have a bunch more to see. That was one hell of a trip - he can't wait for this year's adventure.

The FJR is my 3rd bike and I still have the other 2. I wasn't comfortable with the stock height so I used the Soupy's adj links to lower it. That's my son in my avatar - we did 5000 miles in 13 days out west last summer... we saw 5 National Parks, stopped at 15 Harley dealers and crossed the Continental Divide 9 times. I crossed a bunch of stuff off my bucket list and still have a bunch more to see. That was one hell of a trip - he can't wait for this year's adventure.
So many Harley dealerships still to see. Guess this relates because you're a woman? And did your son ride his own bike? And BTW, which parks?

So many Harley dealerships still to see. Guess this relates because you're a woman? And did your son ride his own bike? And BTW, which parks?
Yeah - I guess the cat's outta the bag now... Son doesn't ride yet - he just turned 16 before we took that trip. Natl Parks = Great Sand Dunes NP & Rocky Mountain NP in CO, Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP in WY & Capitol Reef NP in UT... we did Loveland pass, the Million Dollar Hwy, CO rt 133, Chief Joseph & Beartooth along the way also... What fun - I highly recommend it.

Hey Riona, I noticed you have an AE. How do you like it? That trigger shifter is awesome isn't it?! :)
I love it. Just switched from a Ducati Monster, which had a fairly heavy clutch, despite having an aftermarket slave cylinder. I have a little arthritis in my hands (early onset genetic disorder, I'm not THAT old ...) - having heated grips and not having to worry about being able to hold the clutch in in traffic is a big deal for me.

Now, if only I could avoid hitting the horn when down shifting ...

Riona

Hey Riona, I noticed you have an AE. How do you like it? That trigger shifter is awesome isn't it?! :)
I love it. Just switched from a Ducati Monster, which had a fairly heavy clutch, despite having an aftermarket slave cylinder. I have a little arthritis in my hands (early onset genetic disorder, I'm not THAT old ...) - having heated grips and not having to worry about being able to hold the clutch in in traffic is a big deal for me.

Now, if only I could avoid hitting the horn when down shifting ...

Riona
Lmao! Yeah, it took me a while to stop hitting the horn too but, trust me! The day will come when it stops happening. Can't wait to see the GenIII AE get over here. I'll be patient. My '06AE is still able to pull tree stumps whenever I need it to! This bike is Amazing. :)

As has been hinted at in previous posts, it isn't just the fairer sex that may have trouble reaching the ground on the FJR. I'm 5'3" and couldn't flat-foot on my best day. One side or the other, or both tip toes...those are my options. Sometimes it's a bitch backing the thing up, but otherwise I manage pretty well. I kick around the idea of lowering it, but don't really want to scrape the pegs any earlier.