Women who ride FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only rode it once so far but my wife julie owns jills old fjr,traded up from her shadow 750.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has decided to try my FJR this year. This made me wonder how many women on this forum pilot their own FJRs? And what bike was owned previously? My wife is currently riding a Bandit 1250.
I'm hoping she loves the FJR when she tries it. Then, we can sell the Bandit and get a dual sport.
Why not keep all three? One can never have too many fillies in the stable, no?
wink.png
If she still prefers the Bandit after she rides the FJR, we'll get a dual sport for a third bike. We just might have to wait a couple of years. If we sell the Bandit, we can get a dual sport now! Then when we have more time to ride together in a few of years we'll get another street bike. Maybe by then, a 3rd gen FZ1 will be available. However, I'm not holding my breath.

I guess my g/f is a whimpy, wombley, wobbly, why-der. If she even sits on it by herself I always come n grab a handlebar or something. Yeah, that's trust :)

Rode w Iris (Albany) as mentioned prior. She's small like my g/f but she's also a steer-roper in disguise. MEM is down with the feej as well. U go girls!

Lol, I thought I might take some sh__ for that post as I was typing it.
Lowering it will make it more managable in every respect, it's more about manuvering it at gas stations and such, not about flat-footing. Unless she's a scraper (which she very well could be) I wouldn't think ground clearance would be an issue. Or she could very well out-bench press us (which she very well could) and be in the same boat as the rest of us.

Sounds like you've made up your mind already, but it was just my 2 measly cents.
sighhhh, there you go again. For the record, my FJR is not lowered & I never even slightly considered doing so. Actually, all the women that I know that ride FJR's handle them just fine... & I do know a couple & most of them are smaller than me. Without doubt, your remark was sexist... but I expect to see those types here.

OP you should consider disregarding this guys remarks unless your wife requests lowering of the bike. It isn't necessary if she can flat foot.

You certainly meet all kinds here on FJRforum.

This particular female pilot is rather badass.
kittynebrada.jpg

Agreed. And I was thinking you had some balls posting this photo as it didn't reflect well on you since you are riding 'bitch' on your own bike. With a GIRL piloting it nonetheless! But a beer in one hand and a firearm in the other definitely scores points and saves you!
punk.gif
thumbsup.gif

You're my Hero! And so to the GIRL! :wub:

kittynebrada.jpg
OMG....that's great. My husband road on the back of mine once or twice (for only a few miles or so). I wish I had someone take a picture of us when he was riding 'bitch' LOL

Well, since this is becomming a "men who ride on the back" thread, here's my contribution:

img5536l.jpg

Notice my eyes are closed. I'm terrified to be a passenger even when stationary.

Well, since this is becomming a "men who ride on the back" thread, here's my contribution:
img5536l.jpg

Notice my eyes are closed. I'm terrified to be a passenger even when stationary.
I did not know there is also a slimmer FJR version with strange logo in US
no.gif

img5536l.jpg

Yeah, but notice her eyes. She's got the the biggest smile on her face with you ...ummm...behind her.

kittynebrada.jpg
Looks like a dyke to me. But note the PPE, points for that.

To the OP, I started riding on a Honda CM400T, only took a few months and I moved to a Vulcan 750. A guy in a jeep left turned me and the mechanic who did the wreck estimate at the Kawasaki dealer was impressed with the odometer and told me to go check out a BMW cruiser because he thought I'd fit in with those people. Seriously.

Rode a BMW cruiser - Montauk for a couple years and then a GS. An FZ6 joined the pack somewhere in there as well. Still have her. Currently, for me, it's just the FZ6 and FJR now.

If she's okay on the Bandit, the FJR shouldn't present any real problems for her, so long as the bike is comfortable for her. I really like the Bandit and feel like people don't give them the credit they're due. When I was looking at a 600ish cc bike, I looked at Bandits, but there was *something* about the ergos on it that didn't feel right to me. I know you can do stuff to adjust - bar risers,etc - but I just didn't want to start out feeling the need for that stuff.

As for seat height, I'm pretty darn short. Been striving for 5'3", just haven't gotten there quite yet... In fact, Beerme's feet reached the ground better than mine when he was riding bitch. My FJR is lowered with dog bones and it makes a HUGE difference for me. I can, and have, ridden without them, but I'm a lot more comfortable in low speed parking and stuff with it lowered.

I'd also like to note for the record, that when I was on the controls of Beerme's FJR, the bike remained upright. The same cannot be said for when Beerme was riding and I was on the back.....
no.gif

I'd also like to note for the record, that when I was on the controls of Beerme's FJR, the bike remained upright. The same cannot be said for when Beerme was riding and I was on the back.....
no.gif
Brutal. I'm gonna hafta fill out a Hurt Feelings form on that one.
upset.gif

no.gif
upset.gif
Just put on the big girl panties and deal with it .
haha.gif

no.gif
upset.gif
Just put on the big girl panties and deal with it .
haha.gif
And the funny part there is, I used to have a sign that said that in my office... I don't know where that is anymore, but used to refer to it often enough.

Sumbit your hurt feelings to 1-800-CRY-BABY We'll be waiting to review your complaint.

I just traded my 04 Ducati Monster S4R ( you know, the Bad Ass one with the 996 superbike engine in it) for an 09 FJR

I was just about to post asking if there were any other female FJR pilots out there, when this post caught my eye.

Riona

Bad Ass Girls Ride Bad Ass Toys