Would the owner of this FLR please stand up!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ph34r:

Someone should show this to the guy who said he scraped his side case before scraping pegs.... :)
If you scrape your bags its cus you just lowsided... :rolleyes: don't ask how I know :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... yes thats me...was on this past Friday.....its a decreasing radius corner and I was probably trail braking if any... i generally run the entire length of the dragon in 2nd gear... we had just rode 20 miles to pick up the 6 pack of BUD thats in my side bag..lol I was actually taking it pretty easy riding the Dragon but the Cherohala is a totally different story... I put my knee pucks to good use...

Sunday around noon I actually Lowsided on the Dragon in a left hander heading for home in the opposite direction partially due to the fact I was fully loaded with gear... Take my word for it... WEAR FULL GEAR.... I picked up Joe Rockets SuperMoto 2 piece Jacket/Pants that I was sporting all weekend long along with my normal SIDI boots and Held full guantlet style gloves I came out with out a single scratch. Here's actually the photo David Spotts took of me about 5 seconds before my lowside..Clicky. I didn't have my knee down like it should have been and I got on the throttle too early sqauting the rear down on the exhaust can which took away my rear grip. Live and Learn

Sunday around noon I actually Lowsided on the Dragon in a left hander heading for home in the opposite direction partially due to the fact I was fully loaded with gear... Take my word for it... WEAR FULL GEAR.... I picked up Joe Rockets SuperMoto 2 piece Jacket/Pants that I was sporting all weekend long along with my normal SIDI boots and Held full guantlet style gloves I came out with out a single scratch.
Enough about you, how's the bike? (JK) You've got really good form. Looks like you've ridden a bit :) Sorry to hear about the bike and I hope it's not too damned expensive to replace the damaged bits. Good job with the gear and not getting hurt. Take care.

Sunday around noon I actually Lowsided on the Dragon in a left hander heading for home in the opposite direction partially due to the fact I was fully loaded with gear... Take my word for it... WEAR FULL GEAR.... I picked up Joe Rockets SuperMoto 2 piece Jacket/Pants that I was sporting all weekend long along with my normal SIDI boots and Held full guantlet style gloves I came out with out a single scratch.
Enough about you, how's the bike? (JK) You've got really good form. Looks like you've ridden a bit :) Sorry to hear about the bike and I hope it's not too damned expensive to replace the damaged bits. Good job with the gear and not getting hurt. Take care.
Insurance Estimate around $4800:

Clutch Lever--- Broke clear off

Left Bar---- Broke inside the grip

Left Mirror----Broke off

Front Fender--- slight nick

Throttle Meister left bar end weight... tiny rash

Upper Left Fairing... major rash

Upper Right Fairing...few small scratches

Lower Left..... few scratches at turnsignal

Lower Right.... same

Sator Cover.... major Rash but No holes

Left Hard Case.... MAJOR Rash

Right Hard Case.... few scratches

Left exhaust can.... good size dent/rash but not holes

Left rider footpeg.... bent downwards about 10 degrees

side stand.... a little grindage

center stand.... little grindage

Headlight Assembly.... hair line scratch

So you were not at EOM? You were just at the Dragon that weekend then eh?

Or am I mistaken?

So you were not at EOM? You were just at the Dragon that weekend then eh?
Or am I mistaken?
No I was not at EOM 06... I had allready made plans with a few other TSBR(toledo sportbike riders) members to spend the weekend in the Deal's Gap area... I could have easily riden to EOM 06 but didn't want to ditch em.

.......and I got on the throttle too early sqauting the rear down on the exhaust can which took away my rear grip.
Am I mistaken here but doesn't the rear suspension on a shaft drive bike rise under power and fall when the power is chopped?

.......and I got on the throttle too early sqauting the rear down on the exhaust can which took away my rear grip.
Am I mistaken here but doesn't the rear suspension on a shaft drive bike rise under power and fall when the power is chopped?
could be possible but not when you figure in g-forces while cornering could just be do to the transfer of weight from front to back

Left Mirror----Broke off

Lower Right.... same

THE BEER, MAN! WHAT ABOUT THE BEER?

Left Mirror----Broke off

Lower Right.... same

THE BEER, MAN! WHAT ABOUT THE BEER?
No alcohol abuse here...BEER was on Friday..... Lowsided on Sunday last trip through the dragon

gizmo i was at the crash site helping a friend that went down and met you after your crash,was hoping to ride with you but your bike was screwed up,lol

glad you made it home ok

gizmo i was at the crash site helping a friend that went down and met you after your crash,was hoping to ride with you but your bike was screwed up,lol
glad you made it home ok
You ridin the Yellow Goldwing?... doin the videos?

Yes, you need to maintain/add power through the corner to maintain clearance.

[Lee Parks was big on this, and the stock FJR throttle setup made this almost impossible at lower RPMs.

I did the spring mod; now it is much more controllable.]

Yes, you need to maintain/add power through the corner to maintain clearance.[Lee Parks was big on this, and the stock FJR throttle setup made this almost impossible at lower RPMs.
Yup. There were two of us with '06 FJRs in the class I took. The instructor was on an '05. I can tell you how many times we got the "you need to be more gentle with the throttle" comments in the drills. Harrumph.

I did the spring mod; now it is much more controllable.]
I agree, it's more controllable. It's still not fixed, though. There's a nice gentle sweeper on the way to work that I practice on every morning. I've got all the time in the world to set up on it and, because it's gentle, I've got a relatively large window of time in which to roll on the throttle. So I can try to just barely rotate my wrist to deal with this regressive throttle pulley.

Here's me on the sweeper => easy does it, easy does it, easy does it, BANG!

or worse

easy does it, easy does it, easy does it, ON, off, ON, off.

Grrrr.