Would YES cover the failure of a sidebag latch?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crow, this thread took off in a direction I hadn't anticipated. :blink:

It wasn't so much a question of whether the dealer would help me cover it through YES but whether YES would cover it at all. Its good to hear that DUSTYRAINS is having his covered and I did totally forget about IGGY's deal way back when.

George, I appreciate the offer of checking with RAZEE. A little show-and-tell with your own bag may be easier than trying to explain it over the phone. Besides, it will give me an excuse to swing by your place and check out the new digs.

My dealer also replaced a bag under warranty when the gears jumped a tooth.

No problem.

Although I have no experience with it, I'm with the group that says YES should pick up the tab for the bag. If the bag is defective, it should not matter whether it is banged up or not. It is banged up BECAUSE it is defective. So long as you can show someone the bag, and maybe compare it to a "good" bag, I bet you don't have any problems.

Leave it to zilla to talk about inadequate "bags" :rolleyes: The dude has no shame.......

Or nuts fer that matter. :lol:

:jester:

YES replaced my right bag for the exact problem you describe, not more than two weeks ago. One of the service writer/techs that talked to Yamaha and got the ok--however, when I went to pick up the new bag and turn in the old one, the service manager started to make noises that Yamaha might reject the claim because there were a few cosmetic scratches and scuffs on the lid, saying the bag had been hit, as if in an accident. But, they did let me walk out with the new case, so that makes me think that if your bag looks like it has been impacted, it may be difficult.

When I buy an FJR it will be a used 2007 or 2008. Can I buy a YES warranty for

a used bike that purchased from a private party -

How ?

From Who ?

How Much ?