www.swmoto.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave J

Reaction score
Great Service from Southwest Moto for a new set of Avons for winter.

$ 229.90 Delivered to Long Beach, Ca. Next day Service.

Tough to best that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find another website that offered Avons cheaper than SW Moto, but they add shipping which negates the savings on the tire. Plus they shipped ground 7-10 days...

South West Moto has shipped my last two sets of Avons, one for the FJR and one for the ST1100, both arrived in 2 days. I save about $120 from dealer price when I buy from them.

2 tires gets ya free shipping, no tax outside AZ, and fast delivery.

Yeah, SouthwestMoto is first rate. I've ordered from them three times now and have always had the tires on my doorstep within 3 business days. I've checked prices just about everywhere else and nobody can beat their prices when the shipping charges are added on.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California

+1 on SWMotoTire

Just need to buy two tires for the free shipping. Been using them for the last year and have never had an issue.

I've had SWMototire get tires to me in 3 days or less when I used Avons. Be aware, the tires will only arrive that fast if he has the brand of tire that you ordered at the drop ship site close to you.

I ordered a set of Stradas a couple of months ago & it took more than a week to get them.

Don't get me wrong... Blaine has great service & offers great prices. I'm not saying that he doesn't.

It's a good idea to check on delivery time prior to ordering if you're counting on them to arrive b4 a trip.

order a pair of PR2 on 8/5/08 night (after 9:00 PM my time) 10:00 received them 8/7/08 9:21 AM in the morning. fast shipping and have some of the best prices on the interwebs! there are cheaper tires out there but having to pay for shipping negates the difference (for me any way).

will buy from them next time around for sure.

I'm a HUGE fan of swmoto. I've ordered several sets for various bikes and they've all arrived fast, fresh (always check your tire's production dates!), and correct.

Ordered Roadsmarts ($259 to my door) on Friday afternoon and they arrived on Tuesday morning. This 3rd or 4th set I have ordered from them. Always quick shipping.

B)

SWMotoTires was very good to me during a recent x-country trip. I was laying over in Phoenix on my return trip home. I had started in Maryland and worried that my PR2's wouldn't last all the way home. They had about 12k miles and it appeared the front wouldn't make the remaining 2k miles so I started looking for tires. I emailed Blaine and checked on the availability of some Storms. I could have them shipped free or pick them up and save 3%. I decided to make the trip to Tucson to pick them up. My friend in Phoenix had a few friends with mounting gear so I had some install options.

When I arrived at the shop I discussed mounting options and tire choices. I could either take the tires with me, get them installed at a nearby shop ($45 ea) or remove the wheels at SWM and have the tires mounted there ($20 ea). I chose to have everything done at SWM. Blaine let me use his shop and tools and I removed and reinstalled the wheels while Blaine did the mounting and balancing. Everything worked out great and I was in and out with new rubber in less than 1.5 hrs. Considering I paid close to $150 for mounting & balancing back home, I was thrilled with the whole experience. Plus, based on Blaine's experience and input input I elected to go with RoadSmarts.

No matter your choice for shipping or mounting, I'd highly recommend SWMotoTires.

john

Gunny on SWMoto

Just ordered a PR front. 1 tire, no shipping charges!

Super fast-

But what arrived was a PR2. Sent them an email, got a fast apology and the PR was shipped. Said he would email a return label for the PR2.

I've got 2 tires here, and no return label- I wonder how long I should wait to remind him? :innocent:

I was about 5,000 miles into a cross-country trip last week, when my SmarTire system announced low air pressure in my front PR2. Pulled over in the midst of a dust/wind storm (35 mph gusting to 55 mph) in west Texas to add air with my compressor into what turned out to be a slow leak requiring me to pump it up every hour or so.

Stopped for the night in Deming, NM on my way to Phoenix, and started to making some calls on the FJR Assistance list. Both DingusKahn and AGirl suggested swinging by SW Moto Tires in Tucson. They never answer their phone, but they are quick to reply to an e-mail ([email protected]). Erik there promptly gave me a call back, saying they had the tire in stock and could mount it on the bike for me when I arrived.

I arrived at SW Moto Tires at 1pm and was out by 2pm. My thanks to Erik and Jay (installer) at SW Moto for their prompt and expert service, and to the guys and gals of the FJR Assistance list, who were quick to lend a hand or advice. It's good to know you have friends on the road! :thumbsup:

I highly recommend SW Moto Tires, whether you are mail ordering, picking up, or having tires installed there. Great prices and great service.

Last edited by a moderator:
SW Moto was the highest ever for a rear Shinko for the Kaw. Full retail price ($89.95 vs $58-68$ avg) PLUS $18.50 shipping. No longer getting my business, that's for sure. Oh, and Hi everyone!

SW Moto was the highest ever for a rear Shinko for the Kaw. Full retail price ($89.95 vs $58-68$ avg) PLUS $18.50 shipping. No longer getting my business, that's for sure. Oh, and Hi everyone!
Hi Radman! I agree. When I went on-line shopping for my last set of tires, their pricing was no longer competitive. Makes me wonder what's changed (aside from their business model).