Y.E.S.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D&H, Cullman,AL. Call them for price.

D&H Cycles, Inc

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

256-739-1840

888-553-3311

Closed Sunday and Mondays.

Last edited by a moderator:
D&H, Cullman,AL. Call them for price.D&H Cycles, Inc

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

256-739-1840

888-553-3311

Closed Sunday and Mondays.
+1

Unless you live in Florida (whacky "insurance" laws), you can buy the Y.E.S anywhere.

D&H has generally had the best price on the 4 year Y.E.S., though sometimes other forum members have had their local dealers come close to matching it with some negotiation.

Last reported price for the 4 year Y.E.S. was $389 IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
From previous owners and riders most reported the dealer cannot sell extended warranties as Florida considers them as insurance and must be sold by a qualified insurance agent. Is this the case or is it just BS to get higher rates?

I paid $389 from the dealer that I bought the bike thru. He was not all that happy. Said something like, "I'm only making 40 buck$ on this now"... but, I told him this was the going rate. Doubt if he would just sell YES to someone outa state or that didn't buy a bike from them. I was happy, tho. B)

BAGGER

Buy it from lotecredneck (Tony)... his prices are just about as low as everyone elses, and he's a big benefit to the board. I got mine there and used the Yammy discount that came with my financing deal to get it cheaper.

Just picked up my 06A today fron Ron Turner in Jax. He quoted $689 for YES. I said no thanks. Can you buy YES from D&H for a bike registered in FL?

Just picked up my 06A today fron Ron Turner in Jax. He quoted $689 for YES. I said no thanks. Can you buy YES from D&H for a bike registered in FL?
Yes, er. Y.E.S. :rolleyes:

I'm in Seattle, WA, for example, and I bought my YES through D&H. Anywhere in the US is fine, it's from Yamaha-USA.

Woodstock, it has been reported by Florida riders that this is not the case for them. Something to do with their insurance laws. Any florida riders or agents know for sure. Just like in ca. we can't bring in bikes from outta state until they have 7500 miles on them.

Woodstock, it has been reported by Florida riders that this is not the case for them. Something to do with their insurance laws. Any florida riders or agents know for sure. Just like in ca. we can't bring in bikes from outta state until they have 7500 miles on them.
Hmm... ok, someone from FL should comment then. Goofy state laws. :ph34r:

I have no experience with FL state laws (even though I lived in Daytona for a bit). <_<

As a newbie to the FJR world (been riding long time, getting older, need more comfort...) I've never bought repair insurance.

Is the YES plan good? Anyone had it, and needed to use it? If so -- how'd it work out?

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Yes witht the tickers out there it has been worth every dollar at $349 when I bought mine. At $80 plus an hour in the Bay Area of San Fran. it pays in one trip. But other than the tick fix I haven't heard much warranty work going on. Yamaha has also fixed the tickers out of warranty for free. Take a chance?

I am getting it because if I ever sell the bike during the first 5 years, a new buyer will be easier to find.

As a newbie to the FJR world (been riding long time, getting older, need more comfort...) I've never bought repair insurance.
Is the YES plan good? Anyone had it, and needed to use it? If so -- how'd it work out?

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:
The Y.E.S. plan has been very popular on this bike because some have had to have major head work due to a exhuast valve guide defect on some 7-10%* of bikes sold. Though many have had the repair done gratis without the extended warranty, some also have paid out of pocket for the job, which is very spendy. At $389 from D&H, which not only would cover this but anything else done on the bike, which is a fairly complex machine, it is money well spent, recommended by many (including me) who would never buy an extended warranty for anything else. ;)

*est pulled outta my ass, based on numerous polls which have yet to prove anything other than many run, some don't.

I paid $389 from the dealer that I bought the bike thru. He was not all that happy. Said something like, "I'm only making 40 buck$ on this now".
F him. $40 for 10 minutes work filling out a form is good money. He gets paid for any warranty work he performs at the time he performs it. So he's just bitching that he can't get away with gouging his customers.