Y.E.S.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D&H in Alabama sells the 4 yr YES for $389. If you want to pay more to help support your local dealer, that's your choice. This is America. Dealers can charge what they please and we can choose where to buy it. :) :)

I went, prepared, to my dealer. At the time I bought my bike they asked for the usual rip-off amount for Y.E.S.. I said "here's what D&H is selling them for, I'll buy it from you for $400, no more than that." They said okay. I didn't mind paying a few more dollars to a local dealer.

Bought an '06 yesterday. Dealer was all nice until I turned down the $698 for the 4 year YES. Politely explained D&H was selling them for about $389, and I'd like to spend my money in my own back yard-- could they come close? Very noticible drop in room temperature.

She kind of implied she didn't believe me, so I offered to call in case I was wrong about the forum info. She pulled out a price sheet and showed me they pay $349 and couldn't believe they would only making $40. I said I knew about the $349 and figured they didn't mind making $40 on paperwork they would otherwise miss. Being the nice guy I am, I didn't make any remarks about them wanting to sell me a YES for $698 when they paid $349. Bit of a good profit, I'd say. A little for you, a little for me.....?

She said I didn't need to check, something rather unkind about D&H, and that she wouldn't sell a YES for less than the $698. She also said the D&H probably wasn't a Yamaha warranty, but a look alike.

So... does any body know for sure if the D&H warranty is the "Official Yamaha Extended Service" or just a cheap lookalike knock off? I haven't called them for a quote yet, and would like to geve the dealer who usually does my service a shot at it-- I bought the bike from another dealer because he couldn't get me one locally at this time.

Thanks for any more recent info.

Skip B)

D&H sells a legitimate Yamaha YES. Accept no substitutions. And you are right, they essentially make a few bucks just for processing the paperwork.

Can't blame your Bloomington dealer for selling it for whatever they can get. Too bad. All you have to do is mail a check to D&H with the form they can fax you and you are golden. Renaa will help you at D&H if you have any questions. They are terrific to work with.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the YES warranty paperwork on my '06 AE just came from Yamaha corporate today in the mail. Further confirmation that indeed, D&H does sell a real Yamaha extended service agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Doc. I don't expect to get it at cost, but 100% mark up is a bit of a stretch. A little for you a little for me. :)

Skip B)

I don't expect to get it at cost, but 100% mark up is a bit of a stretch. A little for you a little for me. :)
Skip B)
You go in there and tell the SOBs that if they want your money, not only are they gonna have to throw in the Warranty for cost, but they'll also have to give you 15% off any parts you order for the bike for the next 60 days....
Have you check book in your hand.......and be ready to walk.....believe me, they won't let you out the door.

Never Mind, I found the answer, thanks any way.

Hi All,

I just put down a deposit today for an 06A and have to go in tomorrow to fill out the paperwork. I appreciate the information I have gotten here about the Y.E.S., however I am not familiar with "D & H" that is being referred to in the forum. Would someone pease educate me as to what "D & H" means.

Thank you, JC

Never Mind, I found the answer, thanks any way.
Hi All,

I just put down a deposit today for an 06A and have to go in tomorrow to fill out the paperwork. I appreciate the information I have gotten here about the Y.E.S., however I am not familiar with "D & H" that is being referred to in the forum. Would someone pease educate me as to what "D & H" means.

Thank you, JC
D & H Cycle is some backwoods yama dealer located on Hwy 31 N Cullman, Alabama • 256•739•1840 who sells FJRs cheaper than anyone else in the country.......that's all.....The savings weren't enough to entice me to drive across 3 states1($1300), but that's me....I could of saved $800 by driving just 200 miles and didn't even do that....

So... does any body know for sure if the D&H warranty is the "Official Yamaha Extended Service" or just a cheap lookalike knock off?
Yes, it's a Y.E.S. $40 for 10 minutes of paperwork seems to be okay with the people at D&H. Your saleswoman's reaction says volumes.

And I drove from Texas to Alabama to pay $9999.00 for my FJR from D&H Cycles. Nice people. Nice excuse for an extended day ride home.

Just my 2 cents but....

I like a deal as much as the next guy, but I want to keep my local guy in business too. Example: I live in a small rural town with one small hardware store. Like D&H (whom I've only dealt with by phone) they are really nice and want my business. I can go to the Walmart in the next town 12 miles away and beat the heck out of them on prices and selection. However, when I need a couple of nuts, bolts, maybe washers--- how about a snake when the sink decides to plug up on a Sunday morning-- and don't want to do a 25 mile trip for a 10 cent part, I'm glad I can go a few blocks and get the job done. So I buy and pay a little more at the local place to do my part to keep the little guy in business.

I try to do this with my Yamaha dealer too, and give him first shot. Usually there is some middle ground. I drove for this bike because he didn't have one, and I didn't want to wait for an '07 because I only had 180 days tax credit from the sale of the '04, so I had to jump.

I would have like to buy the warranty that day from the '06 dealer-- I don't want to have to drive to Cullman, Al. for a part or to ask a mechanic for his advice on a problem. But, in this case, if you don't want (or have) to compete, and feel losing a deal because you won't settle for less than 100% markup is OK, well that is your choice. They claim to have been in business for 25 years, so they have probably forgotten more about business than I know. Maybe they have yet to deal with internet/forum informed customers where competition takes on a new demension .

Had I not been made aware by you guys not only what a warranty costs , but what a dealer pays, I probably would have walked away from a YES totally. I'd like my dealer to make a profit and do well, but like I said... a little bit for you a little bit for me.

Off the soap box now. B)

none..figure if it completely breaks down, I'd sneak over to socalmikes house, and trade plates.
I think your bike has about 100 farkles more than mine... I would (hopefully) notice the difference. :huh:

I bought my YES from D&H on my last day of eligibility because, frankly, I procrastinated. Finally all the talk about the small number of bikes being tickers scared me into it... just in case. Plus I figured it would make it easier to sell if I decide to buy a new '07 color or find a steal on a left-over or used '06... Just keeping my options open.

The dealers cost is $345. And, that's what I paid...
Anyone know what the Canadian dealer cost for the 4 year YES equivalent is?

Convert $345 U.S. Dollas to Canadian currency and you should have your answer...
Wish that were true but for some reason the pricing system is different up here. Take for example the Canadian MSRP for a 06 A: $18899CAD or about $16700USD, while the US MSRP is $13499USD or about $15250CAD. Granted they are different models. The 4 year Canadian YPP MSRP is $1481CAD or about $1300USD. Don't know the US MSRP but if it's $698USD ($825CAD) then maybe the plans account for the model differences, or maybe we Canadians are just getting pucked. Like we do with having to buy the bag liners for $114CAD. Or paying $9.95CAD($8.75USD) for a keychain that's $5.95USD ($6.75CAD) in the US.

Now you got me going... :angry:

The dealers cost is $345. And, that's what I paid...
Anyone know what the Canadian dealer cost for the 4 year YES equivalent is?

Convert $345 U.S. Dollas to Canadian currency and you should have your answer...
Wish that were true but for some reason the pricing system is different up here. Take for example the Canadian MSRP for a 06 A: $18899CAD or about $16700USD, while the US MSRP is $13499USD or about $15250CAD. Granted they are different models. The 4 year Canadian YPP MSRP is $1481CAD or about $1300USD. Don't know the US MSRP but if it's $698USD ($825CAD) then maybe the plans account for the model differences, or maybe we Canadians are just getting pucked. Like we do with having to buy the bag liners for $114CAD. Or paying $9.95CAD($8.75USD) for a keychain that's $5.95USD ($6.75CAD) in the US.

Now you got me going... :angry:
Is it possible that the YES isn't "international", provided by Yamaha-Japan at a set price? If it is offered by Yamaha-USA or Yamaha-Canada as separate entities, then they might have an insurance underwriter and that could skew the numbers/base price. Since it IS a numbers game, it could be that with less Yamahas sold, per capita, th4e base price is higher. I dunno, I'm just thinking "in type".

Dwavey, maybe you Northern riders are just waaaaay harder on your bikes.... :dribble: ...Granny is messing with the "curve... :D