Yamaha Comfort seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

un4gvn

Reaction score
I got my Comfort Seat from Yamaha today. Very nice look and feel to the seat. My initial impression was that it is much stiffer than the stocker. After my 50+ mile ride home from work tonight I found that it is an improvement over stock and I can't wait to break it in fully!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Comfort Seat from Yamaha today. Very nice look and feel to the seat. My initial impression was that it is much stiffer than the stocker. After my 50+ mile ride home from work tonight I found that it is an improvement over stock and I can't wait to break it in fully!
Pop in a nice long ride and post up a report, I'm interested in the details. B)

Mine came in as well today, just installed it. I felt the same thing "This is comfort?", it feels much more stiff when you first sit on it. The grip however, is noticeably better.

I'll take your advice and go put 50 miles on it and see how it feels.

I commute 100 or so miles a day for work, so it should be pretty well broken in for a 500-600 mile ride sometime this weekend. I think that it needs to be a little stiffer than stock for support. Even after the 50 or so miles riding today I already noticed it start to dish out a little where I sit on it. I will post up a report after I get some real milage on it this weekend. I am interested in how yours breaks in as well.

Also, the passanger seat seems a little more plush than the pillion?

I commute 100 or so miles a day for work, so it should be pretty well broken in for a 500-600 mile ride sometime this weekend. I think that it needs to be a little stiffer than stock for support. Even after the 50 or so miles riding today I already noticed it start to dish out a little where I sit on it. I will post up a report after I get some real milage on it this weekend. I am interested in how yours breaks in as well.Also, the passanger seat seems a little more plush than the pillion?
Do you notice any difference in the riding position? Most of the aftermarket seats provide a less forward leaning position by way of a flatter seating service, do you notice this with the comfort seat?

Thanks,

Gatorfjr

The seat looks great and you can't argue with the price!!

Could you possibly post the rider seat width?

Thanks!!

Could you possibly post the rider seat width?
Thanks!!
I think the seat frames are the same as the stockers, so I think you will find the dimensions about the same.

My Comfort seat appears to be slightly wider and flatter than stock. I leant my stock seats out, so I can't directly compare right now. And I'm not using a pillion/passenger seat. But the driver/pilot seat seams wider. Certainly not as wide as a Russell or even my Corbin back in the butt area. Appears to be about the same as stock in the front "thigh" area where you stand up. I don't remember how much a stock seat might tend to move you forward, but this seat does not. If anything it may be slightly lower in the bun area.

ComfortSeat.JPG

ComfortSeat2.JPG

Rocket, what is the case in the place of the pillion seat.

It looks interesting. Please lrt me know the details on

it if you don't mind.

Thanks, Joe

Rocket, what is the case in the place of the pillion seat.It looks interesting. Please lrt me know the details on

it if you don't mind.

Thanks, Joe
Joe, that's a Corbin Smuggler. It's basically a glove box that locks down like the seat. A little pricey at over $700, but I find it VERY handy.

FJR1300AE_Corbin4.JPG

BTW, that's my Corbin seat in front of the Smuggler.

Rocket thanks for the fast reply. Your right it is a little High $$$$

Whitch seat do you prefer? I am looking to get something

and would like to know your comments

Thanks Joe

Rocket thanks for the fast reply. Your right it is a little High $$Whitch seat do you prefer? I am looking to get something

Thanks Joe
I'm a short guy and I need a low seat to get a foot plant. So I started with the Corbin. It's nice, but hard as a rock. Your suspension better take ALL the shock with the Corbin. The Comfort seat is heavy and fairly stiff. I've barely ridden 20 miles on the thing, so it's hard to tell. I'll put a grand on it this weekend and we'll see how it compares (12K on the Corbin).

Dollars to donuts, if you want the best comfort for the long haul, get a Russell, Mayer or other reputable custom seat. Plan on spending twice as much for just the front seat. I would have had a Russell made, but they told me that they probably wouldn't be able to even keep it as low as a stock seat. I think they have since been able to make them lower, but for that kind of jack, I'm not going to risk it.

My preliminary results with the Comfort are pretty good. It absorbs a lot of shock, it's not too tall and it's a nice piece of work.

YMMV.

Well I went ahead and ordered the yamaha seat.

I get a good discount from the dealer as he is a

good friend. I'm going on a long ride on Memorial

weedend and figured it woild be a good time to try it out.

I just hope they are not sold out.

Nice looking seat! Where did you get it?
Which seat and who are you talking about?

I got the Corbin direct from Corbin when I got the Smuggler (I was in a hurry), but you can get them from most cycle vendors at a discount including....

University Motors (Fargo, ND) got me the Yamaha Comfort Seat (gel seat). It was less than 3 bills for both seats to my door. UM is a great place to order stuff. Phone or email.

Mike Kolstad: [email protected]

Rocket thanks for the fast reply. Your right it is a little High $$Whitch seat do you prefer? I am looking to get something

Thanks Joe
I'm a short guy and I need a low seat to get a foot plant. So I started with the Corbin. It's nice, but hard as a rock. Your suspension better take ALL the shock with the Corbin. The Comfort seat is heavy and fairly stiff. I've barely ridden 20 miles on the thing, so it's hard to tell. I'll put a grand on it this weekend and we'll see how it compares (12K on the Corbin).

Dollars to donuts, if you want the best comfort for the long haul, get a Russell, Mayer or other reputable custom seat. Plan on spending twice as much for just the front seat. I would have had a Russell made, but they told me that they probably wouldn't be able to even keep it as low as a stock seat. I think they have since been able to make them lower, but for that kind of jack, I'm not going to risk it.

My preliminary results with the Comfort are pretty good. It absorbs a lot of shock, it's not too tall and it's a nice piece of work.

YMMV.
I'm really looking forward to the comparision between the comfort seat and the corbin. What are your initial impressions when comparing the two?

Rocket thanks for the fast reply. Your right it is a little High $Whitch seat do you prefer? I am looking to get something

Thanks Joe

YMMV.
I'm really looking forward to the comparision between the comfort seat and the corbin. What are your initial impressions when comparing the two?
I brought my Corbin with me to Hooterville. After about 250 miles, I'm taking off the comfort seat and putting the Corbin back on my AE. I think the comfort seat is nice, but it is taller than the Corbin and a lot smaller butt...er... foot print. I guess I like where my Corbin puts me, and it's well broken it. The gel seat does absorb a lot of road trauma, but my butt doesn't like it. Back to the Corbin.

My set of Yamaha Comfort seats will be for sale as soon as I get back from Hooterville.

Hmmmm, what to do, what to do? I really loved my Corbin on my '04, and yet, on my '06 I find it forces me a bit more forward than I wish, and is a bit lower than my long inseam wants. Question, would the Yami seat be a better bet for me?