Yamaha FJR 1300 clear tank protector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMC

Reaction score
:unsure: Would anyone have a source to obtain the Yamaha FJR 1300 clear tank protector in the U.S.? I'm looking for a dealer name, address and or phone number.

I know they exist as I have seen photos of some bikes with them. It actually has Yamaha FJR 1300 in black print and is clear so you can see the paint color of the tank through it.

Thanks for your assistance and consideration!

Scott

:unsure: Would anyone have a source to obtain the Yamaha FJR 1300 clear tank protector in the U.S.? I'm looking for a dealer name, address and or phone number.
I know they exist as I have seen photos of some bikes with them. It actually has Yamaha FJR 1300 in black print and is clear so you can see the paint color of the tank through it.

Thanks for your assistance and consideration!

Scott
You mean like this?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-YAMAHA-F...004124992QQrdZ1

If you mean this:

5JWW074000TP_HR.jpg

You cant get this in the USA, believe me, I tried, it's strictly a European and Canadian part, and all the dealers don't even show the part number, can't cross reference it or even order it from Yamaha here in the states. I don't know why.

But if you really want it, you can order it from Nova Scotia here;

https://www.freedomcycle.ca/main.htm

Go to the website and email the parts manager Paul Tough at [email protected] giving him part number 5JW-W0740-00-TP for the FJR1300 resin tank pad. He's great to deal with and very responsive to email, he'll give you a price and shipping. I believe that he can ship any of the Canadian accessories.

I had to have one too, because it's different, hard to get and model specific. I got mine about a month ago.

NYPete

You can see some more European accessories here;

https://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accesso...;2$FJR1300

Sounds a little like tankslapper material but I have not seen any that have anything printed on them.
Tankslapper material is not 3M film. The Tankslapper "Total Protection Kits" come with a combination of two types of film, 3M urethane film and "Tankslapper" film. I was going to contact 'em to price getting more of the pieces cut from the 3M film. But, now I have to look deeper into smokeheadlights on eBay. I'm not sure what "computer cut" is.

For me, put it on and leave it on is best! If it's nice enough to be washing and waxing my bike, I'm not thinking about washing and waxing my bike. Wink Wink know what I mean? Nudge Nudge know what I mean?

:rolleyes: Thanks NYPete, that is exactly what I am looking for. I'll drop them an e-mail tomorrow and will be ordering the part.

I appreciate the time you took to post the needed information...why is it we always want what we can't get?

Scott

If you mean this:
5JWW074000TP_HR.jpg

You cant get this in the USA, believe me, I tried, it's strictly a European and Canadian part, and all the dealers don't even show the part number, can't cross reference it or even order it from Yamaha here in the states. I don't know why.

But if you really want it, you can order it from Nova Scotia here;

https://www.freedomcycle.ca/main.htm

Go to the website and email the parts manager Paul Tough at [email protected] giving him part number 5JW-W0740-00-TP for the FJR1300 resin tank pad. He's great to deal with and very responsive to email, he'll give you a price and shipping. I believe that he can ship any of the Canadian accessories.

I had to have one too, because it's different, hard to get and model specific. I got mine about a month ago.

NYPete

You can see some more European accessories here;

https://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accesso...;2$FJR1300
Does anyone know how this one would look/fit on a '06 tank? The Yamaha UK website has it for sale under the '01-'05 listing...the one for '06 is a different shape...but I don't like it....Thanks!

Evening guys.

Was just in talking to Paul Tough and he has the tank covers, blue foot guards and factory frame sliders in stock . The foot guards for the silver AE model aren't available yet.

As for a pic of the tank protector on a Blue A model ..Ask and yee shall receive :
1833066025673384619_rs.jpg

Looks good to me!

Has anyone tried the factory sliders?

Link: https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/...essoryId=170599

They are pricey...but the design appears to position them a tad lower via a mounting plate. The mounting plate is fastened to the engine mount while most everyone else's sliders are screwed directly into the engine mount. I know some folks were worried about possible damage to the threads of the engine mount if the direct mounted sliders hit the pavement real hard. Perhaps this is the reason for the plate...so it would bend or deform instead of transferring the shock directly to the engine mounting threads?

Thanks to anyone who can share any experience with the factory sliders...

Looks good to me!
Has anyone tried the factory sliders?

Link: https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/...essoryId=170599

They are pricey...but the design appears to position them a tad lower via a mounting plate. The mounting plate is fastened to the engine mount while most everyone else's sliders are screwed directly into the engine mount. I know some folks were worried about possible damage to the threads of the engine mount if the direct mounted sliders hit the pavement real hard. Perhaps this is the reason for the plate...so it would bend or deform instead of transferring the shock directly to the engine mounting threads?

Thanks to anyone who can share any experience with the factory sliders...
I was going to order as set from Canada until the price came in around $250 USD eh!

Tankslapper material is not 3M film. The Tankslapper "Total Protection Kits" come with a combination of two types of film, 3M urethane film and "Tankslapper" film. I was going to contact 'em to price getting more of the pieces cut from the 3M film. But, now I have to look deeper into smokeheadlights on eBay. I'm not sure what "computer cut" is.
For me, put it on and leave it on is best! If it's nice enough to be washing and waxing my bike, I'm not thinking about washing and waxing my bike. Wink Wink know what I mean? Nudge Nudge know what I mean?
tankslapper will make you a total protection kit from all 3M material. It is $25 more than the standard Total Protection kit. Total of $75 shipped I think. I've used the 3m stuff on 4 different bikes now and won't have a fuel tank or hard luggage that doesn't have it on. Great stuff.

Has anyone tried the factory sliders? They are pricey...but the design appears to position them a tad lower via a mounting plate. - Yamahasforever

Evening Yama.

I have the factory TOGs ... I say TOG's as they are hard nylon ends instead of steel/aluminum. The models for the 06 attach easily without any fairing holes. I find they blend in very well with the stock look and don't have the obvious 'non-OEM' appearance.

Having said that, they won't protect your hardbags in a stop-n-flop as they don't stick out that far. This is just my opinion as I don't have the gut's to do a test lay down to see. I'm basing this assumption on the fact the standard European models don't come with cases so the TOG's aren't designed for them in mind. Having said that, I'm guessing you could very well add bigger extensions to the base plate if you were looking for protection for the cases as well.

Here's some pics of my 06 with the foot guards and factory TOG's, along with another tank protector pic:

1833082608523653463_rs.jpg

1117257184246843367_rs.jpg

1788782169559955184_rs.jpg

Thanks NovaFlyer! Both the Tank Protector and the TOG's look good. I did not realize that folks were counting on the longer sliders to keep the bags safe in a tip over...I just figured those would still hit with sliders. Since I am new to a fairing style bike...do you think the chances are good the other slider choices would indeed protect the bags too?

My son lives in the UK...I think I will go with the Tank Protector at least...let me know what you think on the longer sliders saving the cases or not...

Thanks!

tankslapper will make you a total protection kit from all 3M material. It is $25 more than the standard Total Protection kit. Total of $75 shipped I think. I've used the 3m stuff on 4 different bikes now and won't have a fuel tank or hard luggage that doesn't have it on. Great stuff.
Thanks. I need to do something soon.

For some reason "computer cut" really strikes me as funny. I picture an infomercial where they try to cut through an aluminum can with a Dell, followed by tying to cut a tomato. I know jokes that have to be explained are lame, but I 'm laughing!

let me know what you think on the longer sliders saving the cases or not...

I think to protect the bags would require a seriously long slider that would look a tad out of place. The factory units do sit lower than any straight one's off of the engine mount, so theoretically you could get more protection with a lessor length than just from a straight unit.

Thanks for the info. I had my son order me the protector and a the TOGs last week. Unfortunately, this week I laid the bike over in the bleeping parking lot! It went over slowly...so it barely kissed the ground...but scarred up the bag, the edge of the mirror, a tenny scratch ont eh muffler, and a teeny bit scarring of the left side engine case. Man I was so ticked at myself...was in a hurry and went to hop on like a dirt bike while holding it balanced instead of pushing off the stand.

Live and learn I guess!