Yamaha Generations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
My now, 77 year old Mom, was always happy to jump on the back of the bike with my Dad. When I returned from this weekend's ride through the NC mountains, I stopped by to see Mom and took her for a short ride and then a posed photo in the same spot from 1969.

So below, you are seeing my (late) Dad on the 1968 Yamaha 250 Electric Twin, and my ugly mug on the 2007 FJR, with my still smiling Mom, nearly 40 years apart.

THAT'S what it's all about!!!

MotorcycleGenerations.jpg

Great shots! I took my Mom for a ride about a year ago when she was 85. She throroughly enjoyed cruising along on my '03 Magna. She passed away last fall, but I'm sure she would have jumped at the chance for a ride on my (new to me) '06 FJR. I really enjoyed that my mom was game for a ride, even at her age. Looks like your mom is cut from the same cloth!

Regards,

Kurt

Very cool. Your Dad looks like he might have given you a run for your money on that shinny 250!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures Jeff. I wish my mom was able to take a ride with me. You are right, this is what it is all about.

Very cool, and you are very correct about the ugly part ;)

That's actually more than cool, that's special man... My mom rides with my dad every now and then, but I don't think I'm in any way shape or form ready to take her for a ride.

Jeff,

Thanks for the pics. Your dad has a great smile on his face; says it all. Your mom's a sport too.

AZ

Jeff,

Really cool pictures. Last summer my 83 year old Mom was up from Cary, NC, for a week in Maine. She's generally afraid of her own shadow, but she willingly let me take her for a ride around the area on the FJR, We put her in Arlene's Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket, full face helmet, and mc gloves, We went out for about 30 minutes, did the speed limit (as I ALWAYS do). She absolutely loved it, particularly the ability to communicate via the Autocom. She said she wasn't even scared. I think I had as much fun as she did.

Bet you wish you still had that old 250 Yami!

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish I still had that 250 twin. After my brother spit a conn rod out the front case, I stole the shocks off that thing to make one kick-ass 125 MX bike! Don't remember what happened to the rest. But like most everything we ever rode, nothing went to waste and no body was sacred.

:)

Most of all, I wish I had my Dad back.