Yamaha Posts Half-Year Net Loss

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be very surprised if the FJR didn't survive. It's a big ticket item with a high profit margin. Low numbers are not a problem if it's profitable. It takes the same amount of work to make and sell a cheap bike than it takes to sell a bike like the FJR.

Poor sales are a current issue, Japanese manufacturer look at the long run, unlike North American businesses who look at the next quarters results.

As for a GenIII, well that may be posponed. They probably have all that black paint left over. :rolleyes:

He actually had the time to look those up? Or, even weirder, are they saved in his Favorites for future reference??? :D
No to both questions. I'm one of three people who actually knows how to use the board's "Search" function. :fuck:
oohh!!! Can you look up which tire is best to use? I swear I tried but I couldn't find it!

He actually had the time to look those up? Or, even weirder, are they saved in his Favorites for future reference??? :D
No to both questions. I'm one of three people who actually knows how to use the board's "Search" function. :fuck:
oohh!!! Can you look up which tire is best to use? I swear I tried but I couldn't find it!
Easy..., Car Tire -- many, many posts. :)
T'anks CMF....beat me to it. :lol2:

I'd be very surprised if the FJR didn't survive. It's a big ticket item with a high profit margin. Low numbers are not a problem if it's profitable. It takes the same amount of work to make and sell a cheap bike than it takes to sell a bike like the FJR.Poor sales are a current issue, Japanese manufacturer look at the long run, unlike North American businesses who look at the next quarters results.
Success in the M/C Biz can be fleeting:

Until the First World War, the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world was Indian. By 1920, this honour went to Harley-Davidson. By the late 1920s or early 1930s, DKW took over as the largest manufacturer. After the Second World War, BSA became the largest producer of motorcycles in the world. The German company NSU held the position of largest manufacturer from 1955 until the 1970s.
All but Harley-Davidson (and..., Indian?) no longer exist (and they're a little shakey....) :blink:

Hero Honda (India) is, currently, the world's largest m/c producer.

Last edited by a moderator: