Yo...yoyo.......semite!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for fun, I checked on the forecast for temperature range. 
Uhm, Oakhurst, Saturday, Low: 49, High: 78

And, Yosemite, Saturday, Low: 44, High: 69

Then, Mammoth Lakes, Sunday, Low: 30, High 58

All-in-all, a grand weekend to be on two wheels.

The Bluestreeks and I will be buggin' outta Elk Grove around 0900, prolly ride down 99 to Mantca, 120 to Jamestown (Sonora), and we just might run through the park to Oakhurst rather than ride down 49.  Time will tell!

Skyway, ya' wanna join us?
You guys riding to Oakhurst on Friday? Leaving at 0900 will give you plenty of time to 'play' on the way, hwy49 is awsome right now.

Hi, all of youse!

I will not be making the ride this weekend however, I just passed through Yosemite/Mammoth Lakes area. Upon return from John Day, Oregon over the Labor Day weekend (Sept. 1-5) hailing from Hawthorne, Nevada, I stopped to camp at Silver Lake ($15.00/night) on June Lake Loop off 395 (Sunday night). It was friggin' cold! The Thermometer in my tent said 29 degrees! At dawn (5:30 AM), it took me 2 1/2 hours to thaw out by a fire!

Packed up, I headed north to Lee Vining for breakfast at Emily's on dry pavement, then went for fuel at the Mobil at the base of Tioga Pass ($3.39/gallon for 87). After fueling, I made it to the park entrance ($10.00), then through the park to the 140/49.

Coarsegold's pavement on 41 is definitely cut up (diamond planing) for about a mile and a half. It was rough going fully loaded at a slow speed average speed of 5 MPH. I wasn't really comfortable in that stretch at high noon, as the temp was around 97 degrees! HTH

Have a nice ride and keep the Shiney parts brilliant! B)

'05 fjr1300a

10,600 miles

I am one happy camper :D

I'll be heading out of Napa at 09:00 in the morning (Friday) and doing Hwy. 120 to Oakhurst. Will I have to keep an eye :bigeyes: out for any of you folks?

Forecast is for mid 80's in Central Valley tomorrow afternnon. Temperatures should be be in the 60-70's for most of the trip but overnight low's are going to be cold (well, for most Californian, anyhow). Weather dot com is calling for lows in the high twenties in the Sierra on both nights that we will be there. The L.A, times says that Yosemite Valley will be high 79 low 48 on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be heading out of Napa at 09:00 in the morning (Friday) and doing Hwy. 120 to Oakhurst. Will I have to keep an eye :bigeyes: out for any of you folks?
we'll be leaving Orangevale sometime before noon...taking 16 to 49 to 41...so I guess we won't see you on the way there...I plan on being in the hotel fairly early to meet people. I'll be the guy with an FJR

:D :D :D :D

I'll be the guy with an FJR
Oh good, I was worried how to pick you out.

:p :p :bleh: :bleh: :p :p
Yamaha topcase

Roseville Yamaha plate because the other dealer that I bought it from messed up the paperwork and DMV sent me a green sticker for my "Off Highway Vehicle" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tacki grips, vista cruise, CB +4+1 and MCL fork brace. Me...I look like this (guy on right)...sorry for those that scare easy:

Let's see...a pic of me on a couch with a cat...nah

A pic of me with my pal on the summit of Mount Evans? Nah

A pic of me scaring my mom who is 2up on my FJR by revving engine...nah

ah...here it is...me in an outhouse in southwestern Colorado.

DSC00780.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you guys better bring your thermal pantyhose!!! :D

Thanks for the update Jawdge! Pretty damn cold!!

We hope to be there about 5ish. C-ya!!

Have a great ride you all. You will be missed! Karen and I are leaving for Couer d'Alene tomorrow at Noon. I expect to hear great stories and see good photos from the Yosemite ride when we get back. ;)

Have a great ride you all. You will be missed! Karen and I are leaving for Couer d'Alene tomorrow at Noon. I expect to hear great stories and see good photos from the Yosemite ride when we get back. ;)
Looks VERY nice Ric...if this is the place:

coeur d'alene idaho

Tell us how you like it!! pics too!