Yo...yoyo.......semite!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ken, I noticed you were lurking so I figured I'd take a shot to pull you out of the darkness. Apparently it worked. B)
I was wondering where and when you're, that is toecutter, was leaving Fresno from?
We'll be leaving about 6:00am Saturday from Clovis, down Herndon to 41 North. If you want to meet up, let me know. Breakfast will be at the Sky Ranch, right?
Worked on bob73 also!! :p

Since there's about 12 folks checked into Sky Ranch, it might as well be our breakfast meeting point. :unsure:

I hope they have plenty of table space. We'll be there and trying not to be too noisey in case of "twelve-pack revenge" in the area.

Well I ordered my Corbin seat and backrest at the last minute....of course. Should be in Thursday or Friday. Nothing like last minute Farkles B)

6 days and counting.......

This trip will be a heckuva way to break in the "board-hard" Corbin (at least, that's what the consensus is). :haha:

I also have some things ordered, but can live without them for the trip. I did the "once over" today, programmed and mounted the GPS, and will polish it up really purty for the ride down with the Bluestreeks.

I can't wait to get some riding lessons from the Highlanders. :)

[SIZE=8pt]At least this time we'll get to see TWN, though I'm gonna miss the Rogdebs and Rick-in-Sacs. [/SIZE] :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I wanted to attend this ride, but we decided to make the best of our 4 days off from work and visit Yosemite over Labor Day weekend. We returned this afternoon, it was a wonderful trip. I'm certain everyone going this weekend will have a really nice time.

We stayed at the Sierra Sky Ranch; very nice place with a true rustic feel. The restaurant serves up some very nice burgers and Chicken Primavera. The rooms have double doors that open onto a covered porch and the lack of bugs made relaxing after a long ride quite pleasant. The parking area is crudely paved (meaning, there existed at one time some good pavement, that has since deteriorated into crumbly asphalt, gravel and dirt), but otherwise large enough for a decent number of bikes.

For those of you traveling to the Ranch via Rt 41, be aware the road is being resurfaced just south of and through Coarsegold. The pavement has been stripped and the resulting grooves are not pleasant to ride upon.

Ride Safe!

Last edited:
For those of you traveling to the Ranch via Rt 41, be aware the road is being resurfaced just south of and through Coalinga. The pavement has been stripped and the resulting grooves are not pleasant to ride upon.
Assuming it's Coarsegold we're talking about, The work may very well be progressing rapidly. I've noticed most of those projects around here do move forward at a pleasantly surprising pace. It figures, however, that they would tear it up on a holiday weekend. It's all Bush's fault, somehow. ;)

WHOOPS!! Yes, it's Coarsegold......I don't know where Coalinga came from....I fixed the original post.

Last edited:
hey, i better get a room, last weekend turned out better than i expected. , whats the latest scoop on the reservations?? oakhurst for friday(like before), then mamoth lake for saturday??? i looked on hotels.com and they have some good rates. also how many hours have your 16k mi tune up service cost been. the shop said it would be 8 to 10 hrs. :eh: ?? bob

[email protected]

bush :angry:

Last edited:
I bin watchin' the whether ree-ports. Y'all wanna carry yer rain duds, jist in case. Kindy looks lak their kood be sum thunderstorms on Sunday, an thet meens ever'where in the Sierra Nevaddy mountains.

Mebbe we all becomin' prepared en nuthin' will happen!

[SIZE=8pt]Of course, you know this is all President Bush's fault! [/SIZE]

I bin watchin' the whether ree-ports. Y'all wanna carry yer rain duds, jist in case. Kindy looks lak their kood be sum thunderstorms on Sunday, an thet meens ever'where in the Sierra Nevaddy mountains.Mebbe we all becomin' prepared en nuthin' will happen!

We better pack rain gear and some food and water...just in case.

SoCal Yosemite riders:

As stated earlier, I'm heading up the 154 to 101 via Foxen Canyon then 41 over to Oakhurst. Current plans are for an 0930 departure on Fraiday, but I can wait if I need to. Anyone care to join me, post up. If not, no worries, I'll see you at the hotel or after the I-5 on the 41 by happenstance...

Cisco and I are getting a late start because his maniac boss won't let him off of work until 5pm. So we'll be racing there to beat the closing of the restraunt. we are taking 49 most of the way then 41..177 miles of fast fun ;-)

Still planning on leaving LA around 12:30h so it looks like we'll se y'all (all y'all) at the Sky Ranch.

Just for fun, I checked on the forecast for temperature range.

Uhm, Oakhurst, Saturday, Low: 49, High: 78

And, Yosemite, Saturday, Low: 44, High: 69

Then, Mammoth Lakes, Sunday, Low: 30, High 58

All-in-all, a grand weekend to be on two wheels.

The Bluestreeks and I will be buggin' outta Elk Grove around 0900, prolly ride down 99 to Mantca, 120 to Jamestown (Sonora), and we just might run through the park to Oakhurst rather than ride down 49. Time will tell!

Skyway, ya' wanna join us?

Last edited by a moderator: