Traded my FJR today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamie

Reaction score
First I would like to thank everyone on the forum..it has been a great year for me with trips to both SFO and EOM and the FJR has been great.. I had been thinking as I am turning 70 next month and the FJR seems to be getting heavier that I should be riding something else...well happen to stop by one of the local dealers today and they gave me a deal on a 2009 Can-Am Spyder that I couldn't pass up....so rode it home.... Going to miss SFO and EOM.. Thanks again for all your help this past year...

Hamie,

Well sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do where the mind is willing but the body doesn't cooperate.

Congrats with your new ride!

First I would like to thank everyone on the forum..it has been a great year for me with trips to both SFO and EOM and the FJR has been great.. I had been thinking as I am turning 70 next month and the FJR seems to be getting heavier that I should be riding something else...well happen to stop by one of the local dealers today and they gave me a deal on a 2009 Can-Am Spyder that I couldn't pass up....so rode it home.... Going to miss SFO and EOM.. Thanks again for all your help this past year...
Like this ?! They're fun - in a weird kind of way :) Enjoy and stay safe

639609284_nLaVy-L.jpg

Like this ?! They're fun - in a weird kind of way :) Enjoy and stay safe

639609284_nLaVy-L.jpg
Same color... Full Moon w/hard bags.. SM5... hoping I have as much fun as I did with the FJR...

No shame in that. A local dealer sent two of of to Quebec to ride two home a couple of years back. I THOUGHT I wanted one until that ride home, then I KNEW I wanted one. :rolleyes: The 600 miles back was a great test ride. Enjoy.

S3600058.jpg

And yes, the silver one is the fastest. :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool new ride Hamie! One upon a time I had a three wheeler myself. Saw a guy do a hell of a crossed up burnout on a Spyder at Americade. You will get a lot of attention..

I test rode one last year. liked it but it seemed mildly underpowered. I also didn't like the absence of a brake lever. The dealer said every motorcycle rider that test rode it made the same comment about the lever.

I can definitely see the possibility of a profitable new market segment for Bombardier. Kudo's to them for being willing to take the risk.

Good luck with it. I'd be very interested to hear your comments on how it performs for touring if you take any trips on it.

WAIT a second - I saw TWO CAR TIRES on the FRONT of that thing!

Yer ballz 'r gonna fall off and yer spleen is gonna explode!!

:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new ride! No need to be a stranger!

I test rode one of those once and liked it a lot.

The only thing that I didn't like was the feeling of almost getting thrown off in a fast turn, otherwise it was pretty nice B)

There's a CT on the rear, too, so his prostate is gonna be a goner, too.

Oh....wait....Hamie turnin' 70. His prostate is already gone! :blum:

By the way this is a pretty HAWT machine:

639609284_nLaVy-L.jpg

.....and the 3-wheeler ain't too bad, either! :yahoo:

Yeah nothing wrong with that new ride. I have seen the new touring model they came out with and it looks sweet. have fun and ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's a CT on the rear, too, so his prostate is gonna be a goner, too.

Oh....wait....Hamie turnin' 70. His prostate is already gone! :blum:

By the way this is a pretty HAWT machine:

639609284_nLaVy-L.jpg

.....and the 3-wheeler ain't too bad, either! :yahoo:
:lol: you guys are good for an old girl's soul !!

Congrates on your purchase. I test rode one and liked it a lot. If i could afford it i would have one parked right next to the yam. Enjoy the spyder and be safe