• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Iron Pony 023GT Closeout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one hell of a deal.. I just paid 137 for just the rear... and I thought i got a good deal.....

Great deal! Ordered! Thanks much!

As for the life of 023GTs, for me they last 700-800 miles less than PR2s, but they are also cheaper and IMO handle better than the PR2s for the life of the tire.

Thanks George!

Just ordered.

I already put 5300 miles on my bike so I will need new tires soon enough.

Question, and I ask because I used to have a car that I ordered special tires for. I could only find people in the "shady part " of town, that were willing to put the tires on for me. And I don't think the little tire shops do motorcycles. The bigger shops claimed liability, because they didn't supply the tire. So, will a mc shop install these for me? I am sure they will charge a little more since they lose the profit off the tires, but how much will it cause?

Thanks George..........that's the best price on a BT023GT since..............forever! Should I order one set, two sets, or three sets? Decisions......decisions.

Question, and I ask because I used to have a car that I ordered special tires for. I could only find people in the "shady part " of town, that were willing to put the tires on for me. And I don't think the little tire shops do motorcycles. The bigger shops claimed liability, because they didn't supply the tire. So, will a mc shop install these for me? I am sure they will charge a little more since they lose the profit off the tires, but how much will it cause?
FJR owners ride a lot of miles, go through a lot of tires, and either have a tire changer or know someone who does. I started changing tires in 2006 and have changed over 150 to date. Its a lot more about technique than tools and not that difficult.

Just ordered a second set :)

My local Yamaha dealer will install for $35 each if I bring in the wheels.

Many of us mount and balance our own tires so it's not an issue. Make a friend with a tire changer or call around and see what your local shops have to say.

Good luck!

--G

You guys hooked me. Tires are ordered and it looks like I will be burning off a set of Bridgestone's for SW-FOG.

I just purchased a lift table from Harbor Freight for $225.00 and a new No- Mar Classic at the Minneapolis motorcycle show so I guess its time to learn how to change tires. With my three bikes and wife and kids three bikes they should pay for themselves quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 12,000 miles on gt023 rear! Quite impressive. Perhaps because I weight 145 lbs. Not only on the mileage, but also the handling is super.

Just ordered a second set
smile.png

My local Yamaha dealer will install for $35 each if I bring in the wheels.
my non-yamaha dealer charges $23 including tire recycle fee. I think it works out great so far. I don't need the tire tool for now.

Great deal....just ordered mine, I'll work out how to fit them later!

Thanks for the heads up!!