'04 vs '06 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, have to ask. Where did you actually find an AE? Good choice and good luck, btw. Man, those things are going to be like hens teeth... I hope! (Mine's in TRANSIT :yahoo: )

The #1 to me would be the heat issue on the previous years, it is very hot.
Not necessarily. You can't make a blanket statement like that. I ride every day here in desert hell in temps over 110 degrees, and I have yet to figure out what this so called *heat issue* is all about.

Well, I guess you won't notice the heat if it's already 110 degrees. But .... If it's 85 degrees and the the heat on your inner thighs is 110 degrees you'll probably notice it then. :D

My 2005 FJR got hot as SH$T. Either that or I have very tender thighs. They felt cooked just the same.

Maybe I need to move to Cali. I'm still waiting for my AE in PA and they are sitting in showrooms out west. Something wrong with that picture.

Good luck on your new bike. I think you made the right choice.

Not necessarily. You can't make a blanket statement like that. I ride every day here in desert hell in temps over 110 degrees, and I have yet to figure out what this so called *heat issue* is all about.
Skooter is a known liar. He lives about 60 minutes from hell, i.e., Nogales.

hell.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3 AE's are in transit to D&H in Alabama. Looks like the trickle might turn into a stream. I did overhear that "The early bikes are going to be on time, and the later orders are going to be LATE", whatever that means.

I own an 04, which I am currently selling, and I have NEVER had an issue with heat. I replaced it with an 06, which is nice (and the tank is slightly cooler), but I like the looks and color of the 04 better. What I'm trying to say is that you won't be sorry with either bike go with the one that lights your fire.

I own an 04, which I am currently selling, and I have NEVER had an issue with heat. I replaced it with an 06, which is nice (and the tank is slightly cooler), but I like the looks and color of the 04 better. What I'm trying to say is that you won't be sorry with either bike go with the one that lights your fire.

I confuse easily, so which is it --

or is it --

I own an 04...and I have NEVER had an issue with heat
Would you, could you, clarify and verify, Sam I am?

:)

or is it --

I copied the heat issue problem from an earlier post...should have said it was a quote. I have NO HEAT ISSUES with the 04

or is it --

I copied the heat issue problem from an earlier post...should have said it was a quote. I have NO HEAT ISSUES with the 04
Bad, bad, bad cota95. No more pie and chips for you! :)

FJRocket

I did get my new AE from a dealer in San Diego that ordered several fictitiously. Many dealers do this and it seems that in this area they ordered more A's than AE's. They try to mark them up $1,500 to $2,000 under the guise of Freight & Prep. I wound up paying a small premium over MSRP but only after the dealer attempted to squeeze me for $2,000.

Interestingly when I mentioned that I would call the Better Business Bureau after the infamous attempt at baiting and switching me on the price at the last minute...no reaction...but...when I talked about sharing my lousy experience on every internet forum known to motorcyclists...they started listening.

I did some calling around and found several dealers in So Cal that had AE's in stock but most were forthright in disclosing that they were going to attempt to get the FUVM* price.

I found dealers in Ventura and Irvine, however, that said that they had one in stock and claimed that they were willing to sell at MSRP but I can't verify if they would follow through. E-mail me if you want the dealer’s details.

*FUVM= $%*! you very much!

I have my deal made already. I'll be getting the AE for $14,000, with tax and tag transfer It will be $15,000 out the door.

Anybody talked with D&H on the ETA of the AE's? I tried calling this AM but they're in a Yamaha conference till Thurs. I think I'm #8 on the list. BTW, Southwest Yamaha in Houston on 59S has a AE on the floor. Went by yesterday to take a peek and it's awesome. Beautiful silver blue, actually it's a 2 tone since the lower is move silver. I currently ride an 05 VFR (my 4th one and a keeper) so this AE should be a real pleasure, especially on long trips.

Anybody talked with D&H on the ETA of the AE's? I tried calling this AM but they're in a Yamaha conference till Thurs. I think I'm #8 on the list. BTW, Southwest Yamaha in Houston on 59S has a AE on the floor. Went by yesterday to take a peek and it's awesome. Beautiful silver blue, actually it's a 2 tone since the lower is move silver. I currently ride an 05 VFR (my 4th one and a keeper) so this AE should be a real pleasure, especially on long trips.
Talked to them Friday. They have nine on the way late next week but don't know if any are AEs.