1/17/09 A Ride to the Warm!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad Steve is OK. First time hearing he had a miss hap. Any particulars? Steve joined us at Carlees (OK down the street from Carlees). I believe he then left by himself?

Well, it's his story to tell, but...............

Right hand turn low side from what I understand on Palomar Mountain. Crazy bastard rode home with bent forks (front wheel hitting fairing on bumps) and handlebars cocked a good bit to the left.

The worst part? He lost his Apple Pie from Julian!!! :angry2: - To some supposed good samaritans who have his sidebags and various other parts in the bed of their pickup and are no longer to be found. :eek:

Other than the Apple Pie, the tragedy is that he says his beloved mileage king FJR is past the point of being worth repairing. Bummer. If he is half as emotionally attached to his high mileage FJR as I am to mine, he is seriously bummin right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad Steve is OK. First time hearing he had a miss hap. Any particulars? Steve joined us at Carlees (OK down the street from Carlees). I believe he then left by himself?
I think he was heading toward Ocitillo Wells. Last time I saw him he was going back the way we came to get some gas. Glad to hear he is ok.

Thanks for the info Greg. I just PM'd Steve. I hope he recovers his bags and personal belongings.

We were talking at lunch about you two having the high mile FeeJ's on the forum. You're right he probably is bumming right now. The mileage king bike may no longer be, the main thing is, he's OK.

I am not sure I understand the mileage king comment? Are you suggesting that he had so many miles on his bike he was not insured or there is some point where it is alright to not be insured? Bottom line is he is alright....

I am not sure I understand the mileage king comment? Are you suggesting that he had so many miles on his bike he was not insured or there is some point where it is alright to not be insured? Bottom line is he is alright....
Nothing so sinister.

Steve has the highest mileage FJR known to be out there.............the mileage king.

CLICKY.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best rides are the ones that everyone returns home to loved ones safe.
Uhhhhh.......unfortunately, that is not a wholly accurate sentiment. :(

Have you heard about 03silverbullet? Rider is ok, FJR is not.
Glad to hear he's OK.

Sad if the FJR's life is over. Consulation is Steve definately got his money's worth if you consider his milage.

Here's hoping all turns out right for him.

Sorry to hear about the get-off, but sure glad he's OK. Let us know if us locals can help with anything.