2006 FJR1300AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently "All the rider does is tell the ECU to change gears by either a pair of buttons on the left handlebar (thumb operated for downshifts, index finger for upshifts) or a lever residing in the conventional gear lever's location, which is attached to a sensor unit, not the transmission.
Y'all can have that one. I'll pass and hang onto my beautiful 05 that shifts fine just the way it is, thankyouverymuch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kawasaki is introducing the ZZR1300 this year... Next year they'll take that motor and plop it into a revised Connie that'll spank the new Feej...

I think the new ZZR has a 1400cc engine and so it would have some power advantage for sure, but if it still looks like a Connie I would let it pass me ...literally, so as not to have to look at it. Surely Kaw would do a total redesign.

The new ZZR1400 (www.zx14ninja.com) , on the other hand, is an awesome looking machine IMO and is said to be able to give the Busa a run for it's money but I wouldn't want to spend all day in the saddle of either of those rockets.

I'm in agreement with others here who just want to be on an FJR and shift it the way it should be shifted and ride it as it is meant to be ridden.

RB

Not sure FJR is the right platform to try this on. I like to shift, controll, feeling.

SPORT-TOURING not SPORT-BORING.

Modern electronics will work properly, if design is solid.

Don't know about shifting, up-down mid-corner. YEAH nobody does that.

Will wait and see. I'll test ride, if true and decide for myself.

Remember guys, they're also offering the FJR 1300 w/o the auto-tranny and it will have some of the updates you've been seeking like the heat fix, more adjustability (bars, seat, windscreen), and a few other things that I think are a significant improvement. I too personally like the experience of shifting and feel it contributes to the overall reason I ride.

VFRMike.

At least you don't have to buy this electric shifter thing if you don't want to.

I said this before in another post on the '06 (but got no response) and I just speed read the other posts on the '06 and saw no mention of it either and that is...

UNIFIED (linked) BRAKES SUCK!!! And... you have no choice (apparently)!

I REALLY like the linked brakes on my 02 VFR and know they provide me with a more consistant/smooth braking experience. I'm also sure they've saved my @$$ at least once. The rear brake is just too easy to lock up w/o the link brakes. Link brakes serve a different purpose than ABS (obviously) and (IMO and experiences) believe they are more good than bad.

VFRMike.

I am certain we'll find a way to de-link the brakes.

BUT YOU CANNOT ADD A CLUTCH TO A BIKE THAT DOESN'T HAVE ONE. AHHHH!!

What do they think this is, an ST1300?? Now THAT would been the platform to pull this electrotranny crap on.

-BD

Lets say there is a market out there for an auto shift, wjho would it be? The new kids only learn to drive with automatics in drivers ed. training maybe it is for them?

As for abs brakes I have them on my 05 first bike that I have had them on. I, personally would not trade them they are great and they have saved my but a few times already. No rear wheel squigglewhen an emergency stop is needed for any reason.

And finally only real mean ride bikes with shifters. :clap: :clap: :clap:

this message is for azbike girl. I was wondering if you have or can give or direct me to some information about riding in AZ. I would like to ride in the Az. New Mexcio area next year. Also when is a good tile to ride so it is not to hot. Any info. woul; dbe helpful thanks for your time and consideration. I am from northern california

this message is for azbike girl. I was wondering if you have or can give or direct me to some information about riding in AZ. I would like to ride in the Az. New Mexcio area next year. Also when is a good tile to ride so it is not to hot. Any info. woul; dbe helpful thanks for your time and consideration. I am from northern california
You'll probably have a lot better luck with a PM

I am certain we'll find a way to de-link the brakes.
Not likely. Usually it is a complete hydraulic system and not electronic connection. I would think you would have to replace the entire brake system with one from a previous model.

G

My wife will love this, she rides a scooter now and hates shifting now she can whoop my rear riding an FJR.

:haha:

don't know about you guys...but I like the clutchless shift idea.

Everyone booed when they introduced in F1, then they booed when Ferrari put it in production..then they booed when Audi group put it on their cars...now it is the way to go.

Same thing when Fuel injection was first introduced, ABS, disc breaks,..etc..

The only thing worries me it is the first year of production...and there might be some bugs. It might be a winner or a big loser. Is this the time to take risks?

Sounds like the E model is moving the FJR more towards the Scooterville! Don't be surprised if you see FJR's with full automatic transmissions soon! Hell, just add automatic retractable training wheels, Civic taillights, and be done with it! :huh:

I would very much likee this shift set-up as long as it comes with nitrous. Otherwise, to each his/her own.