2007 Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What year bike did you purchase?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my 07 2 weeks ago at Mountain Adventure in Conyers, GA. The liners were both in a plastic bag in the right side. The extra lock and filler panels were under the seat. I was about to the call the dealer when I found them. I did a lot of reading here before my purchase. This place rocks. You guy don't miss a thing.

I like screwing with the un-screw-pulus. I think I'll be giving Motions a call tomorrow.

See what fun I can have with them. :devil:

Like everyone else, I picked mine up in September and both liners were in one hard bag.

Motions, thats explains it all. I've delt with them on a few occations and have been treated like a leper every time. Thought it might have just been me, but when my wife went looking for some riding gear, she and two others got pissed off and walked outta the place. I'm amazed that place stays in business.

Mr Twisty, I saw your in Calhoun, I'm just down the road a bit from ya in Cartersville. Give me a shout sometime if ya want to meet up to BS or ride.

Last edited:
stealer is pulling a fast one.

Mine came with them

I would call Mama-Yama and complain about the dealership

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 07' and got the bag liners, both of them were in a large plastic bag with parts that fill in the holes if the side bags were not installed.
Probably ought to check if they were included too.

That's the same way mine came with my 07. Never any mention or thought of an extra charge.

Mike

I have assembled throngs of FJR's over the years at Sunnyside/Desert Valley Powersports, and every year, including this year, WITHOUT FAIL, the bag liners are included inside the hard bags. Strangely, as they come out of the box, both bag liners are stashed in ONE hard bag - typically, the right hard bag (though not always).

Exactly how my 07FJR came from my Indiana dealer.

Jason
Just went with a friend of mine last week to pickup his new 07 FJR. Both bag liners were in the right hard bag.

My '07 came with them too, along with the body filler plates for side bag holes and matching top trunk lock.

I hope mine are "in the bag" when I pick it up from D&H this spring. Jerold doesn't seem like the type of person that would pull any funny BS.

Mine were in the Right hard bag, which my dealer even pointed out to me when I picked my '07 up.

It was included on 07s as well. Dealer is full of it. There has apparently been some "issue" with the 07 liners. One of mine ripped down a seam with very little use. When I returned it to the dealer for warranty, they argued it being an accessory also. But if you have them look it up on their "hard parts" list, they will see it is indeed included as part of the bike.
However, the part number has recently been changed, probably due to a different manufacturer or spec for the liners.
Not to side the thread but I've had trouble with the bags ripping seams and have had to reinforce them by putting material inside the bags and double stitching it in with the help of an upholstery sewing machine. Have had no more problems and you can't tell it's been done. Seems "all" the bags are the same for any year and have the same problems. PM. <>< ;)

My '06 came with them too, along with the body filler plates for side bag holes and matching top trunk lock.

Spent way too much time on the phone today with Yama customer NO service and got NOWHERE.

Basically, the position customer no service takes it that it is up to the individual dealer.

The bags are an accessory and if the dealer chooses.

Sounds like I just picked the WORST dealer in the country because I have not seen a single post where the bags were not included.

I intend to call my "stealer" again after the holidays and raise hell. :angry2:

It probably won't do any good, but maybe I'll feel better.

Let him know that everyone else in the country is getting their liners included.

Then come here and post in the dealer section: Name names! Dealer and person you talked with.

The liners came with the side cases at no charge to him. He, or someone in the dealership, basically ripped you off for the price of the liners. That is their prerogative...at a price: being notorious.

My dealer has asked me why I send customers to his competition. I run through the littany of past dealings where they have "gotten" me. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Being the dinosaur that I am I do my best to share their "customer service".

I'll be happy to write the STEALERSHIP a letter and name some names and number of other Yamaha owners who have received liners with their bikes. We can bring it to their attention that their STEALERSHIP has been targeted for cheating customer of what is considered "customary and standard practices of including bag liners". Maybe the public exposure will weaken their knees a bit. Obviously they aren't going to budge for the man that actually paid them money.

Where is this STEALERSHIP? Maybe my company has a newspaper in the area or at least a letter to the Editor might get some local attention and make a mark.

I bought my 2007 FJR from D&H in Cullman, Al. The bag liners came with the bike. Got a great deal. And they just sent me a Christmas card.

Status
Not open for further replies.