2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a run up to Morro today to scope things out, nice guy that I am. Here's some shots I took today:

Someone bring a table cloth please:

IMG_0141.jpg
Will bring a roll of Butcher Paper, so I got this covered! ;)

some outta see about a gas powered presser washer, bird shat is gross and can harbor nasty bacteria. seen what that shit does to paint? (I have one but how da heck would i strap that to an FJR?)

WooHoo! :rolleyes:

A couple of things.. I'll have a mid size propane BBQ available if folks want to BBQ at the campground. I may just toss on a couple of tri-tips and big pot o' beans and let the wolves feed... If folks want to eat they can, if they don't want to then more food for Harley D. Dawg. Saturday night.

I'll have a pretty good tool kit available should folks need more wrenches than they carried. Also, if anyone should have a catastrophic tire failure, I have an extra set of group buy tires and can change them; although that would take a trip back to Creston.

AGirl's web dude emailed me back, I sent routes to him, so hopefully very soon the routes will be available for down loads.

More later..

Gawd, if I hafta miss this it's gonna suck for me. Roseville Yamaha has my blue motorcycle (ignition switch and ECU) and my work schedule is looking unfavorable.

Hey uh, ...um, ...TWN, can we reschedule this for maybe ...................................

;)

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gawd, if I hafta miss this it's gonna suck for me. Roseville Yamaha has my blue motorcycle (ignition switch and ECU) and my work schedule is looking unfavorable.
Hey uh, ...um, ...TWN, can we reschedule this for maybe ...................................

;)

First off; bullshit. Get yer ass down here for the Gathering. You got a car? Drive the fucker. ;) Second off; ain't my gig to change - ping Dave and GFL! :lol:

;)

First off; bullshit. Get yer ass down here for the Gathering. You got a car? Drive the fucker. ;) Second off; ain't my gig to change - ping Dave and GFL! :lol:

Good luck.

R

Agirl and the webmaster came through! All routes and a nice page available here clicky.
Thanks for the GPS routes. I've passed them on to my own personal GPS operator, who will peruse the routes, together with maps, weather charts, the Internet and all kinds of other gadgets before flipping a coin to see which one we'll ride.

Fingers crossed that we're going to make it this weekend, but a couple of niggling health issues have popped up. Watch this space.

Jill

For ALL that's coming and an especially cautionary note for the campers.

I hope you guys and gals tie the camping gear on real good! It was real windy today. Use straps, NOT bungie chords for the sleeping bags and tents, etc. Some of the worst motorcycling camping "episodes" that I have had, have had to do with bungie-ing camping gear on board, and having it move around or detach. If I hit a windy interstate like = "I 5", and get hit buy a crosswind of 40 to 50 mph, it can really re-adjust that load (if you catch my drift?).

Hope you all arrive safe to Morro Bay, and I'll throw another log on the fire for your arrival! Ride safe, and see ya soon (Friday, June 6). :cowboy:

Jeez... droppin' like whipped puppie dawgs !!! :rolleyes: Makes about 8 so far :unsure: We'll just have to post a ton of pics and make you all wish you came ! :D

Nice NAFO logo image in that sig line Jeffe!Link available for us plebians?
Plinked it right off the NAFO main page, but here ya go!

NAFO_banner.jpg

Scale to what ever you like or just copy my sig line one or link to it...

Question: My Cobra charger lights no longer glow under any conditions. Yours?

Wi-Fi Service

Morro Bay State Park now offers AT&T Wi-Fi Service!

This service enables park visitors with wireless enabled laptop computers or personal digital assistants (PDAs) to access the Internet. You can access this service if you are within a 150 foot range of the Kiosk located at the entrance of the Park. For more information about this service please see January 19, 2005, News Release.

My Cobra charger lights no longer glow under any conditions. Yours?
Mine neither. My guess is that I have not run the battery down far enough for the light to go on (i.e.. it's not taking a charge even though the radio is sitting in the cradle).

Dare i say that you get what you pay for !!!!!!
That's what my ex-wife said!