2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, this is important and I forgot to mention it earlier...
The park has a posted speed limit of 25 MPH. Do not exceed it. ;)

Also, the signs to the park access road coming from the south (or heading north for those of you from New Hampshire) do not exist. As you approach the park from Los Osos, you will cross a bridge at the end of the marsh and the left turn into the park is immediately beyond the bridge. Begin your 'descent' to the posted speed limit before you enter the park.
so we should get off and push the bike right.

R

Wish I'd known that Tim was down here a day or 2 ago, I would have tried to recruit him to help me split firewood! :D
Why the hell do you think I didn't stop by? Momma din'nt raise no foo'. ;)
Well, as ya see here Tim…this here’s real work, and it’d good for you too. I don’t care what your momma said!

Campout1.jpg

We've got some great local riding plannned! See you at the campout, hope it's not too foggy! :clapping:

[SIZE=10pt]Hmmm, this sounds interesting, especiallly since I heard while I was in Sacto recently that some of you are rather fine, upstanding folks. :p Plus, I owe TWN a personal handshake for keeping his ear to the ground for me on that ECU issue last fall while I was on the road. So, is there camping space still available? I just might be able to swing this shindig.[/SIZE]

DCarver, per your request above, you are welcome to use my website for the maps. My webmaster has offered to post them. Simply click this link HERE, and send him (Scott) an email. FYI, he's in CDT time zone.

AGirl

i will see what i can swing from down south. my idea is setup Friday, hang out Saturday, and bail on sunday so i get get home my 7:00 (have to go to work on monday my 3 AM). i have never gone camping on a motorcycle before, what else to bring other than tent, and beddings?

i will see what i can swing from down south. my idea is setup Friday, hang out Saturday, and bail on sunday so i get get home my 7:00 (have to go to work on monday my 3 AM). i have never gone camping on a motorcycle before, what else to bring other than tent, and beddings?
GOOD WHISKY, CHAIR AND CREDIT CARD !! :D

GOOD WHISKEY, CHAIR AND CREDIT CARD !! :D
oh no, i am not buying 9K worth of boze..... besides why would i bring "good" whiskey? ;)

checked google maps, should be there in a hour from home. so far i have not seen where we are going to do the Saturday, ride by seat of pants? or some one has a nice GPS with a trip planed. I dont have my Zumo 550 funds yet and tend to get lost fairly easy :unsure: i wil just try to hang in the middle, make it look like i know where i am going but hope the ride leader has some clue. I have ridden with people that got "lost", good times, for some of us, we lost one guy since he ran out of gas. He was not happy about pushing his bike till his cell phone worked, but none of us wanted him to ride on back (none of us wanted to look gay).

Just wait till you ride with someone that decides to turn around in the middle of the ride and go home........... without telling anyone else !! :unsure:

KJ has a ride that stops in Creston for lunch, and loops back to Morro or an alternate longer leg two goes up and through Hunter Liggett / Nacitempo and back down The 1.

( For those choosing Hunter Liggett you'll need your DL, current Reg and current insurance papers to get through the military gate )

Dcarver is working on another route, but it's top secrect and he won't tell anyone yet ! :rolleyes:

Both routes will be available in Mapsource soon for the GPS nuts. B)

so far i have not seen where we are going to do the Saturday, ride by seat of pants? or some one has a nice GPS with a trip planed. I dont have my Zumo 550 funds yet and tend to get lost fairly easy :unsure: i wil just try to hang in the middle, make it look like i know where i am going but hope the ride leader has some clue.
IIRC, Khunajawdge has posted that he is working on some routes. You might look back through the last page or two and see if you can find his "handle". He's a "local" and should have a good handle on some fine roads.

Patience, me amigos.. working on a big dog, medium dog, and Candy Butt route! George's route is really good, most likely the CBA ride.

BTW, MapSource really sucks. Still trying to learn it and be, umm, proficient. Waypoints, Viapoints, Favourites.. can you duhh duhh de dum... duhh dah duh dah duh dah de dumm? ([SIZE=8pt]think Deliverance) :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

A few teasers for ya'll.

The Doberman big dawg ride:

Doberman.jpg

The Labrador ride:

Labrador.jpg

The Poodle ride:

Poodle.jpg

and the Weener ride:

Weener.jpg

Downloadable GPS routes, printed route directions, and route maps will be available. :rolleyes:

KwahnaJawdge (sp?) provided two of these very good routes, Thanks KJ!