2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highlander,
This sounds awesome!

If you will accept a first-time attendee from Oregon, I would like to come and camp.

I grew up in Memphis and never attended the Klan meetings there, either.

I had already scheduled vacation for that time, with plans to ride to Sequoia, and maybe to Ventura,

where I used to live.

You probably don't remember me, but I had breakfast with your group at the Idaho WFO.

Thanks,

DudeWado
I look forward to meeting you! If you have an extra day... let me know.. great back roads around here.. some not on the gps.. all paved.. just sayin'... :rolleyes:

If you will accept a first-time attendee from Oregon, I would like to come and camp.
I had already scheduled vacation for that time, with plans to ride to Sequoia, and maybe to Ventura,

where I used to live.

Me n' the prettier half n' HarleyDDawg will be there! I decided to rent another site, bring the truck, camper and trailer (with fjr) so that we can bring a boatload of firewood, food, and booze to the event. Additionally, if anyone should have a mishap, I'll be there for transport.
I can bring a full size BBQ, make some home-made vanilla ice cream, firewood, and provide some great routes.
:clapping: :yahoo:

This is starting to sound like a WFO! I bet MadMike could fit 100 bikes into room for 15 motor homes!

There is a Days Inn on Main Street Morro Bay which looks to be really close to the campground.
R
OK. Count me in but, I won't be camping (I live only 6 miles from there). That way someboby else will get a space at the campground that I won't be taking!

Next, I will tow over a trailer load of coarse firewood for the evening campfire (as I have previously discussed with Highlander), so you guys and gals can kibbitz all night. "Coarse" means = you split it!

For those who want to Motel it - I suggest these venues; The Pleasant Inn = 805 772 8521 or the Sundown Motel = 805 772 7381, both of these are in Morro Bay, about 6 miles from my place in Los Osos. Both are between 2 and 3 stars, so Not expensive yet, both are clean!

*Note; I am NOT an accommodation booking agent*

Other motels in MB include:

Days Inn at Morro Bay (phone) 1 805 772 2711

Econo Lodge Morro Bay (phone) 1 805 772 5609

El Morro Masterpiece Motel (phone) 1 805 772 5633

Motel 6 (phone) 1 805 772 5641

The Blue Sail Inn (phone) 1 805 772 2766

- With a view on the water (a bit pricey)

Fireside Inn at Morro Bay (phone) 1 800 444 0562

The Breakers Motel (phone) 1 805 772 7317

Twin Dolphin Inn (phone) 1 805 772 4483

The Very Closest to the MB State Park campgound is The Inn at Morro Bay and Golf Course (phone) 1 805 772 5651

The campground is directly next to the Morro Bay Golf Course. It is also across the street from the Marina for sea kayak rental. I also will mention that Morro Bay has what is considered a relatively "serious" municipal police department. Be advised and behave yourselves?

BTW Kudos to Highlander for containing this reservation (It was NOT easy to get) :clapping: , and putting this reservation ($270) on his credit card. We all need to make sure he gets paid back! I myself drink white wine only! <_<

More info upon request?

Would love to go! Will put it on the calendar. Put me down for a private motel room.

Hycle, Silent, and Mr. Oregon (DooWahDiddy I think it was....), let's coordinate when the time is right.

There should probably be a place at the motel where folks can visit also. I can see grabbing a cab or a motel shuttle to get from the campground to the motel in the event of more than 1 beer per hour consumption rate.

Jb

P.S. Thanks for organizing, Highlander.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may head down from Oregon myself. If I have any money left after my daughters wedding. :)

Highlander,
This sounds awesome!

I grew up in Memphis and never attended the Klan meetings there, either.

where I used to live.

You probably don't remember me, but I had breakfast with your group at the Idaho WFO.

Thanks,

DudeWado
The wife said she remembers you at breakfast that Sunday morning. Kull! See you at MB.

You've got my interest. What are the dates? Looks like 300 miles and 5 hours for me and through L.A. traffic and then hook up to the 101 to Morrow Bay. Hoooaaaa! :yahoo:
Uhm....Peggy, my friend...the dates are cleverly hidden in the title! :eek: :lol:
Madmike, I printed Highlander's announcement out but it didn't print the dates. Wifie read it and ask about the dates? Without reading the original posting again I jumped before looking and asked what are the dates. It was late last night, what else can I say.

Oh, I was going through the garage, gathering up my tent and things when wifie said "what do you think you're doing?" We are sleeping in a bed those two nights.

Highlander, maybe you can settle this. Wifie said she'll camp if there are hot shower accommodations. Well? :drag:

Highlander,
Me n' the prettier half n' HarleyDDawg will be there! I decided to rent another site, ............
Good thing ya did, I fogot to say no HD's permitted !! :p Thanks DC for the contributions......etc !!!

Thanks,

DudeWado
I remember you, I want to say your John, but not sure. Come on down !!

This is starting to sound like a WFO! I bet MadMike could fit 100 bikes into room for 15 motor homes!
I came close to calling the run " WFO...back to the basics " , but figured it'd piss of the Forum Gods !! :D

More info upon request?

Thanks KJ for all the help !!

There should probably be a place at the motel where folks can visit also. I can see grabbing a cab or a motel shuttle to get from the campground to the motel in the event of more than 1 beer per hour consumption rate.

Jb

Smart man, we'll keep you around !!! :friends:

I may head down from Oregon myself. If I have any money left after my daughters wedding. :)
Just take out a bigger loan !!! :innocent:

I spoke too soon. I will be staying local that weekend so you guys have fun and stay safe.
Hmmmmm, Mike checked with the "social secretary" and she said, [SIZE=12pt]"Overruled!"[/SIZE]
Bummer dude !! need to borrow this ? :trinibob:

Highlander, maybe you can settle this. Wifie said she'll camp if there are hot shower accommodations. Well? :drag:
Therer are showers according to the legend on the park website, bring quarters, but do you have a 12 volt hair dryer for MsNascar ?? :hair:

There ARE showers at MB SP. They are public of course, but there is warm water and they are kept clean (to my experience)! They are NOT directly adjacent to the Group Camping Area, so it will be either a short ride or a walk from reserved the campsites to where they are located in the main campground. There is a public restroom and BBQ at the Group Campsite, and a fire pit!

The entire campground is under a mixed pine and eucalyptus canopy of trees. Morro Bay does have a tendency to fog over in the evenings at that time of year, so it can become chilly after the sun goes down!

best,

I would love to join you all and will try to make it happen. I'll let you know.

Thanks for putting it together HL