2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me in for the main campsite. This might change to 400 count sheets if business improves. :(
So, we should feel sorry for you if you bring a tent, like the rest of us?

Damned Goleta slumbags.

I'll have 400 TC sheets on my tent air mattress. And Eve!
wink.gif

Put me in for the main campsite. This might change to 400 count sheets if business improves. :(
I didn't think you and camping got along.......

you might struggle to find 400 count sheets in Morro Bay dude.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
So, we should feel sorry for you if you bring a tent, like the rest of us?
Damned Goleta slumbags.

I'll have 400 TC sheets on my tent air mattress. And Eve!
wink.gif
Goleta?! Puh-leeze! I don't slum. It's Carpinteria. Keep it straight, Fresno boy.

I didn't think you and camping got along.......

you might struggle to find 400 count sheets in Morro Bay dude.

R
Craigs list, baby. ;)

:lol:

I remember you, I want to say your John, but not sure. Come on down !!
Man, you have a good memory!

Thanks for setting this up. Where do I send money?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to meeting you! If you have an extra day... let me know.. great back roads around here.. some not on the gps.. all paved.. just sayin'...
Thanks, I look forward to meeting those I haven't met, and seeing those I have met.

I will have extra time, and will be glad to have you show me some roads.

I'll be leaving Oregon on the 1st, don't have to be back until the 12th.

I will probably hit Sequoia Nat. Park before the Gathering, then I want to ride Hwy 33 into Ojai and Ventura after.

Only other plans are riding Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff on the way home. (This will be my 3rd time, I love that ride!)

Is it June yet?

John

Unfortunately the 6th of each month is one of the rare days I absolutely have to be in the office. Take lots of pictures so I can be extra jealous and hate on you guys for months after the event. :cray:

OK, so if I can find where she hid my balls, I will be back in.
Check around her nightstand. She needs to keep them close for those occasions when you get to use them.
Thanks for the tip Toecutter, I found them right where you said they would be.

Looks like I will be able to come out and play motorcycles.

Now I need to make my hotel reservations.

Highlander, post your paypal address so I can pitch in on the campsite too.

I just had a converatation with Susan from the Morro campground and got the OK for 30 bikes to be allowed on the goup site ( if we need too ) !! :yahoo:

Let's hold off on payment of the site till the actual day of the event, so bring a little cash. I'll divide the bill by the attendees that show up. Roughly 30 riders = $8 each or 10 riders = $23 each.

Put me down for camping for now.

Not sure how to haul all the camping gear and the Wife unit at the same time so this could chang. :blink:

Highlander,
This sounds awesome!

If you will accept a first-time attendee from Oregon, I would like to come and camp.

I grew up in Memphis and never attended the Klan meetings there, either.

I had already scheduled vacation for that time, with plans to ride to Sequoia, and maybe to Ventura,

where I used to live.

You probably don't remember me, but I had breakfast with your group at the Idaho WFO.

Thanks,

DudeWado
The wife said she remembers you at breakfast that Sunday morning. Kull! See you at MB.

You've got my interest. What are the dates? Looks like 300 miles and 5 hours for me and through L.A. traffic and then hook up to the 101 to Morrow Bay. Hoooaaaa! :yahoo:
Uhm....Peggy, my friend...the dates are cleverly hidden in the title! :eek: :lol:
Madmike, I printed Highlander's announcement out but it didn't print the dates. Wifie read it and ask about the dates? Without reading the original posting again I jumped before looking and asked what are the dates. It was late last night, what else can I say.

Oh, I was going through the garage, gathering up my tent and things when wifie said "what do you think you're doing?" We are sleeping in a bed those two nights.

Highlander, maybe you can settle this. Wifie said she'll camp if there are hot shower accommodations. Well? :drag:

There ARE showers at MB SP. They are public of course, but there is warm water and they are kept clean (to my experience)! They are NOT directly adjacent to the Group Camping Area, so it will be either a short ride or a walk from reserved the campsites to where they are located in the main campground. There is a public restroom and BBQ at the Group Campsite, and a fire pit!
The entire campground is under a mixed pine and eucalyptus canopy of trees. Morro Bay does have a tendency to fog over in the evenings at that time of year, so it can become chilly after the sun goes down!

best,
I scoped out the group site last summer; there IS a hot shower in the group site restrooms. No walking required. Clean and the water was hot. No charge for the shower either. Of course that was last summer when the Kali was rich and now we're poor..

I just checked out the Inn at the golf Course and the cheapest rooms they have are $217 a night so i put a hold on 6 for you guys :p

They also have a nice room with a view of the bay for $550 a night who wants that one?

R

on the cheaper side the Sand piper (which seems to be very close) is an Econolodge at $108 a night.

LINK

R

There ARE showers at MB SP. They are public of course, but there is warm water and they are kept clean (to my experience)! They are NOT directly adjacent to the Group Camping Area, so it will be either a short ride or a walk from reserved the campsites to where they are located in the main campground. There is a public restroom and BBQ at the Group Campsite, and a fire pit!
The entire campground is under a mixed pine and eucalyptus canopy of trees. Morro Bay does have a tendency to fog over in the evenings at that time of year, so it can become chilly after the sun goes down!

best,
I scoped out the group site last summer; there IS a hot shower in the group site restrooms. No walking required. Clean and the water was hot. No charge for the shower either. Of course that was last summer when the Kali was rich and now we're poor..
OK dcarver, I'm checking this out in the morning, report tomorrow!

...over and out!

There is a Days Inn on Main Street Morro Bay which looks to be really close to the campground.R
The Very Closest to the MB State Park campgound is The Inn at Morro Bay and Golf Course (phone) 1 805 772 5651

The campground is directly next to the Morro Bay Golf Course.
I just booked a room at "The Inn a Morro Bay" total for two nights and Two Buffet Breakfasts was $228. Looked nice on the website for a gurly man like me. Might even get a massage after a long day riding.

Has anybody on the forum stayed there before?

Mike