2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Highlander was nice enough to set this up, I volunteer to bring the Campground-Motel Shuttle to ferry the uncon-, er SLEEPY, riders back to their wussy rooms. Could also double as a golf cart.https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/dud.../motorcycle.jpg
Hey Dudewado -

Not too sure that an out of town taxi like that would fail to attract the attention of Morro Bay PD or the local taxi company? :D

A couple of other questions???

1. What kind of gas mileage do you plan to get with that thing, coming from Oregon?

2. What fare rate will you be charging for the 2 mile trip from the Campground to the Econo Lodge anyway?

3. How does it do when negotiating a slope, in a full lock turn while fully loaded, on the golfing green?

&

4. ...and lastly, don't forget, everybody riding on it will need to ride with their helmets on, because it's California! It will be a "picture perfect" opportunity! :rofl:

I suspect(?), we will need to consider you for the long distance award on this one?

Ok,
Just to let you know, the kebobs are marinated beef. The recipe is an old family recipe, plenty of flavors but not too spicy. If anyone is allergic to, onion, parsley, salt, pepper (all types), please let me know.

The Hummus is also a home made recipe, if anyone is allergic to garlic, kammoun, garbanzo beans...there is not much i can do :lol: I need all the ingredients.

armand

And I know from personal experience ...

BigD's home made hummus is amazing !! Armand, I can't be there - but - Kalamata Olive, Red Pepper, Roasted Garlic...... will those be in attendance?

Okay move me to the Motel Wussies column please.

There's just no way I can haul the little woman and all of her accouterments plus camping gear.

Since Highlander was nice enough to set this up, I volunteer to bring the Campground-Motel Shuttle to ferry the uncon-, er SLEEPY, riders back to their wussy rooms. Could also double as a golf cart.https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/dud.../motorcycle.jpg
Hey Dudewado -

Not too sure that an out of town taxi like that would fail to attract the attention of Morro Bay PD or the local taxi company? :D

A couple of other questions???

1. What kind of gas mileage do you plan to get with that thing, coming from Oregon?

2. What fare rate will you be charging for the 2 mile trip from the Campground to the Econo Lodge anyway?

3. How does it do when negotiating a slope, in a full lock turn while fully loaded, on the golfing green?

&

4. ...and lastly, don't forget, everybody riding on it will need to ride with their helmets on, because it's California! It will be a "picture perfect" opportunity! :rofl:

I suspect(?), we will need to consider you for the long distance award on this one?
1. Fer Christ Sake, It's a Harley! It would be on a trailer, of course.

2. If the seats don't get puked on, no charge.

3. Don't ride on the green; plan ahead; when in doubt, give it more throttle.

4. Don't need helmets; I'll strap 'em down and call 'em luggage.

Count me in!!!

Work has been terrible, so need to get away.

I will be there ....

Roger

PS

George thanks for the info on the motels.

these old bones need a bed.

Roger

OK, Getting jazzed about this. Just heard from Highlander that there seem to be camp spots still available. I'm wondering if I can ride in my kilt. I know it's against tradition, but maybe some Kevlar jockeys? We'll see. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I am sooo looking forward to this! HighLander = :rolleyes: :yahoo:

..and, some guy, no idea who, has started a really cool bike museum in Morro Bay; no sign on the window, just an old storefront with Ducatis, BMW's, Aprillas, Triumphs, Honda's, Moto Morinis, blah blah blah... kind of like the thing the guy in Solvang has, but not *quite* as nice.. these bikes look like you could straddle, turn the key and ride for the day - and many of them have keys in ignition, batteries installed..

More like a true enthusiast collection...

I'll try to get more info before the event..

I am sooo looking forward to this! HighLander = :rolleyes: :yahoo:
..and, some guy, no idea who, has started a really cool bike museum in Morro Bay; no sign on the window, just an old storefront with Ducatis, BMW's, Aprillas, Triumphs, Honda's, Moto Morinis, blah blah blah... kind of like the thing the guy in Solvang has, but not *quite* as nice.. these bikes look like you could straddle, turn the key and ride for the day - and many of them have keys in ignition, batteries installed..

More like a true enthusiast collection...

I'll try to get more info before the event..

Sounds like fun.

Well it is 11.24pm here in socal and TWN is very shit faced and has retired for the might. It will be interesting to see how he is in the am as we have a tech day tomorrow.........

ha ha

R

Well it is 11.24pm here in socal and TWN is very shit faced and has retired for the might. It will be interesting to see how he is in the am as we have a tech day tomorrow.........
He'll be fine. I think he's had some practice....