2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news. At least we don't have to plan an emergency group ride to your place to help you move belongings. The Santa Cruz mountains is a big place.

Now we will return to the regularly scheduled programing . . . .

JB's a no-can-do :( : my daughter's HS graduation is Sunday the 8th, and this is too far away from home to bank on the certainty of getting home on time for such an important family event.

(Completely off topic note--This is a big year for the "Burleighs": two days ago on Friday nite we graduated the first of 3 our kids from college--BA, Physics, Berkeley;* :yahoo: and on 6/8 we graduate our last from high school. :yahoo: )

*Not sure where the lad gets his nerdy science genes: :blink: my BA is in philosophy, and Fang's is in English Lit . My dad and his dad were engineers though....

JB

P.S. Does this mean I'm gonna have to make the Yosemite trip if I'm gonna get to see any of my riding buddies, whom I love (here comes ODOT )? Fang was there couple weeks ago, and the water was spectacular!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everyone,

I am afraid I have a good news and a bad news. Bad news is, I am pulling out of the cookout BBQ ride with the clans for that weekend. And thats because of the good news. Company is asking me to pack up and move to another country. The very same weekend, I am being asked to fly to for 2 weeks to scout for a house and prepartion for the move. I am afraid I will not be there with my friends for the weekend and that the Kebobs may have to wait for another time unless someone else dares to try it out.

Not sure if I will be taking the Feejer for now, but will see what happens later. Sorry all and I was looking forward to being there.

Armand.

Oh great!!! :glare:

JB won't ride with me for 2 planned rides.

[SIZE=8pt](That's okay, JB, I've suffered rejection before. I was once married to a championship level rejection mistress.)[/SIZE]

Now Armand is refusing to come and cook the Kabobs...and I was just thinking about how wonderful it was going to be to finally sample what has been bragged about by so many SoCal riders.

You two have conspired and wounded my heart.... :blinksmiley: I hope you are pleased with yourselves. :cray:

"Pleased" is hardly the right word my friend Mike. Spoke with highlander on the phone and we almost sang Kumbaya together. It was a heartbreaking decision to cancel the ride due to safety concerns. The SuperSlab back to so cal to catch a flight to Paris right after the cookout did not sit well with the wife.

"Pleased" is hardly the right word my friend Mike. Spoke with highlander on the phone and we almost sang Kumbaya together. It was a heartbreaking decision to cancel the ride due to safety concerns. The SuperSlab back to so cal to catch a flight to Paris right after the cookout did not sit well with the wife.
Armand, you should KNOW that my comments are firmly "tongue-in-cheek"...

...at least where YOU'RE concerned. JB on the other hand...... :rolleyes:

Mike, thank you sir!

I will miss all of you guys, I am coming back in July to wrap things up and move in August. Perhaps a day ride somewhere in July would be good. I want to wish you all a safe ride to the camp site, enjoy the evening on saturday and a safe ride home.

God bless you all,

Armand

Oh great!!! :glare:

You two have conspired and wounded my heart.... :blinksmiley: I hope you are pleased with yourselves. :cray:
Easy there Mike! Don't take this to heart. Believe it or not, there are those in this world who have greater priorities than a motorcycle ride, spending time with friends and eating awesome food. Strange I know, but true. The hard core bikers will still be there, to talk about how we rode for three days in driving snow to get there.

And if that isn't tongue in cheek enough for you.......

PS Congratulations JB, on the graduations. You must be beaming with pride right now.

Jill

Well everyone,
I am afraid I have a good news and a bad news. Bad news is, I am pulling out of the cookout BBQ ride with the clans for that weekend. And thats because of the good news. Company is asking me to pack up and move to another country. The very same weekend, I am being asked to fly to for 2 weeks to scout for a house and prepartion for the move. I am afraid I will not be there with my friends for the weekend and that the Kebobs may have to wait for another time unless someone else dares to try it out.

Not sure if I will be taking the Feejer for now, but will see what happens later. Sorry all and I was looking forward to being there.

Armand.
Oh great; I'm already hungry!

Now we will be forced to forage in the woods for food.

Racoon flambe' anyone?

Seriously, congratulations Armand! It sounds like a great adventure.

You conspicuously left out the name of the country?

Best of luck to you and yours. Sorry I won't get to meet you.

Congratulations to you too JB!

Not much feels better than being able to be proud of your offspring.

See the rest of you soon!

John

Took a run up to Morro today to scope things out, nice guy that I am. OK, I was bored and needed something to do... Anyway, the group areas are light on park provided seating, so I suggest you bring your own chairs. Scant on tables too, but that may not be such a bother. The heads are clean and private and should be adequate in terms of numbers.

Here's some shots I took today:

Ugh. Not a welcome sight:

IMG_0136.jpg

Some of the campgrounds en route the the group area:

IMG_0137.jpg

Someone bring a table cloth please:

IMG_0141.jpg

The crapper room:

IMG_0139.jpg

Shower:

IMG_0140.jpg

The golf course:

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

The short gravel road up to the group areas. A couple of hundred yards of smooth hardpack:

IMG_0146.jpg

Group area 1:

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Group area 2:

IMG_0149.jpg

The Loo:

IMG_0150.jpg

Our front yard:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Nearby views:

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

We're also gonna need someone with a truck to bring in firewood. Lot's of it. You cannot collect wood in the campgrounds unless someone wants to go Commando in the nearby's. ;)

Looking forward to Clanning!

Good spy photos !! B)

This is our group site pictured below, the Chorrro site, the largest of the two group sites. I believe KJ was bringing wood, I'm sure he'll check in soon. :rolleyes:

IMG_0147.jpg

I have a few questions to ask of those who know things;

1. Which of the two group campsites are we using?

2. What kind of time are folks arriving on Friday?

3. Do we need to start hoarding quarters for the showers?

4. How far from the site is the nearest eaterie?

Jill

Still in but will have to attend a retirement party on Friday and will be able to come down early on Saturday.

Will at least be able to make it on Saturday and spend the night. Does anyone know if there is a room available for just Saturday night?

What is the schedule for Saturday?

Count me in for the BBQ!!!!!

Might be able to make it Friday but not probable.

Cant wait...

Roger

Gilroy, Ca

Jill
1. Dave just answered that above.

2. Um, Friday for me. :p Prolly late afternoon.

3. Nope, they be free.

4. What, you are not manning the grill for us the whole weekend? There is a restaurant just at the park's entry. 10 minute walk from the campgrounds. Other than that, it's five minutes to town on the bikes or in Eve's car. ;)

Jill
1. Dave just answered that above.

2. Um, Friday for me. :p Prolly late afternoon.

3. Nope, they be free.

4. What, you are not manning the grill for us the whole weekend? There is a restaurant just at the park's entry. 10 minute walk from the campgrounds. Other than that, it's five minutes to town on the bikes or in Eve's car. ;)
Thank you very much for all the information and photos. :D

Good spy photos !! B) This is our group site pictured below, the Chorrro site, the largest of the two group sites. I believe KJ was bringing wood, I'm sure he'll check in soon. :rolleyes:

IMG_0147.jpg
Yes, I still plan to bring a trailer of firewood for Friday and Saturday nights.

Looks like the meal plan had to be scrubbed, but there are plenty of local sea food and traditional eateries near by. No one will starve!

I sent Highlander a possible ride plan for a local ride, but I am also trying to coordinate with Dcarver on his plan? I will post a proposal on a route later this evening!

Wish I'd known that Tim was down here a day or 2 ago, I would have tried to recruit him to help me split firewood! :D

Oh, this is important and I forgot to mention it earlier...

The park has a posted speed limit of 25 MPH. Do not exceed it. ;)

Also, the signs to the park access road coming from the south (or heading north for those of you from New Hampshire) do not exist. As you approach the park from Los Osos, you will cross a bridge at the end of the marsh and the left turn into the park is immediately beyond the bridge. Begin your 'descent' to the posted speed limit before you enter the park.