2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to MOTORCYCLE.COM, the feature important improvement is:
FJR1300: Quicker shifting from neutral to first gear on electronic shift (YCC-S) AE models.

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!

Actually, it says improved downshifting from neutral. How do you downshift from neutral? :dribble:

According to MOTORCYCLE.COM, the feature important improvement is:
FJR1300: Quicker shifting from neutral to first gear on electronic shift (YCC-S) AE models.

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!

Actually, it says improved downshifting from neutral. How do you downshift from neutral? :dribble:

I guess that means there soaking the clutch plates before they install them in the motor

My '08 has black under seat panels. Did some of the '08's not?

I haven't seen one yet with black under seat panels. Got photos?
DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

Yowsers! That's the first time I've seen that! Thank you for proving me wrong!

Edit: Despite the silver-paneled bike sitting on the floor at the local dealer, Yamaha's page now shows the '08 with black underseat panels. Me thinks they did a "rolling change," releasing the black panels mid-year, probably after a certain production date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yowsers! That's the first time I've seen that! Thank you for proving me wrong!
Edit: Despite the silver-paneled bike sitting on the floor at the local dealer, Yamaha's page now shows the '08 with black underseat panels. Me thinks they did a "rolling change," releasing the black panels mid-year, probably after a certain production date.
Wow. That is interesting.

Anybody stop to think that the price increase is because our currency is worth dick in the worldwide market?

Same color? no ecu-thottle tweak? no vibation fix? this is so "cheap". this has made my decision, i may have to jump ship. 09 Honda ST1300 comes to mind, at least they can afford paint (i hope)

Here's my 08.

bike.jpg

The under-seat trim is STOCK and came black.

The tank collar was color matched by Garauld.

Same color? no ecu-thottle tweak? no vibation fix? this is so "cheap". this has made my decision, i may have to jump ship. 09 Honda ST1300 comes to mind, at least they can afford paint (i hope)
Enjoy the Honda.

They have problems that remain unfixed by their manufacturer too.

Well, that's that. Time to return to a FJR. Been over on the M109 and Stratoliner cruiser side for a year, but really do miss the FJR's performance. Prices going up, but it's a proven ride. Owned an '06 and '07 FJR before the boring cruisers. Anything new for 2010 will be a gamble, maybe be an improvement (?), but w/o broad market accessories for a year. Time to move back before I get too old to remember why.

Gary in Fairbanks

Haha - too phunny!

Yamaha insults us at every turn. I guess they haven't felt enough heat (pun intended) from the C14 yet? They gots red now, don't they?

Oh, and here are the BUGEYES of the new R1. Scary - that thing is staring at me, no matter where I move to!

09MS_YZFR1_yel_S3_ea8fd4c1.jpg

-BD

Last edited by a moderator: