2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]The used 06 I got just got a whole lot nicer.[/SIZE]

Thanks Yamaha!

Black again for 09? Blaaa :(

Wild orchid burple for 2010!! Yea baby!! Ride on the wild side...... :yahoo:

Let the rumors begin with gusto and revelry.

Nice to look current for another year. And yes, mine came with black panels under the seat too.

GP

On one note, it means my '08 won't seem like it's getting old (except for the wheels), but on another note, Yamaha still has time to throw in a color change before the '09 is actually introduced. Last year Suzuki said during it's dealer meeting in Vegas that the DL-1000 (V-Strom) was being eliminated for 2008, yet it reappeared as a 2008 model. So you just can't rule out any possible changes until the (err: ***lady) person sings.

Not knowing much about previous FJR models, has Yamaha ever continued without a color change when introducing a new model year?

Well, at least we can now add Dark Charcoal to the forum banner.
We can, right?

Here....

NV54017_4.jpg
Yeah....why isn't the Dark Charcoal AE on the banner? That is a really nice color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from the latest offerings from our supplier, we certainly don't appear to carry much influence, other than helping them get the bugs worked out.

Maybe I'm just a bit bitter after the total blow-off at NAFO, compounded by losing our rally master and forum quarterback for good.

I know, "Shut up and buy a new one"....

What's the big wo ha about color? You know this bike rocks no matter what the color. So if color is a problem hustle up a spray gun and get to work soldier.......whatever trips your trigger. And the color match wheels are now the cats meow no matter what you ride or drive....PM. <>< :rolleyes:

The only way to convince any Japanese manufacturer that your ideas are more appealing to the mass market than theirs, is to make and market a competitive item. Competition is the only clout they recognize.

Made it another year without the need to upgrade...Thanks Cypress!

--G

[SIZE=8pt]I'm waiting for the 6-speed 1400cc next year[/SIZE]

Really, really disappointing. Awfully un-creative for the smart people they've got at Yamaha.

Here's my theory: All the FJR engineers are so focused on the '10 that they put no time into the '09. Other than some minuscule aesthetic changes, it seems absolutely no different.

Was black the best selling color for the FJR? If so, their marketing group might have assumed that it was because of the hue (or lack thereof.) In fact, it may just be that a) the FJR is finally really catching on because of the excellent reviews, B) more people are buying motorcycles because of gas prices (like me), or c) that black really is the coolest. (I disagree, preferring the blues by a longshot.)

Here's another question: Do these guys do any focus groups or market surveys? If not doing so with some of the experts on this forum, who the hell would they ask? You'd have to think they monitor this site. Do they do any sort of polling at the meet-ups? And why don't they offer some of farkles that people regularly add as options? There'd have to be profit in that the way that there is with car companies.

As many have said, though, I'll concur: I have zero interest in the '09, so it certainly saves me some dosh. Wouldn't mind an '06 instead of my '05, but I have no interest in buying a black '09 with black wheels.

Given the election season, some polling on color choices would've been interesting here. I'd also be very interesting to know the average age of the riders on this forum.

+1 TC. I hear ya and frankly I felt this way from the day I bought my bike. And after reading the many complaints on the board over the past few years it seems that if you have a good local dealer consider yourself really lucky. I will travel now just to get that better form of service if needed because I know where a better dealer is. I could go on and on about my stories with my dealer but I won't.

While Yamaha has stepped up to the plate at many of our events you do have to give them credit where credit is due. And I have got results from Cypress but "I" had to make that happen. And it might surprise you that Yamaha does listen to this board and not to be depressed if we had to experience some engineering problems but really we are the "real" test bed for their company. And we are not compensated. No similation or computer could reveal some of the things we have for them. And yes we have the power to purchase whatever bike we prefer and customer satisfaction is part of that equation.

But I must agree we should not be treated like red-headed step children when it comes to the US market. They could at least set-up a broader color selection for us even if we are a minority purchaser globally. But don't we buy more bikes than the Aussies and they get more colors? Just a thought......And yes it was a punch in the gut when Tim left us so un-expectedlly. He is missed and it will never be the same around here without him, Andrew and other's who have left. It does affect us all but they left part of themselves with us in our memories that will never be forgotten that can enrichen our lives everyday we're still here to help ponder our own. Blessings, PM. <>< ;)

Glad I bought an '08, ...which came w/ black underseat panels also by the way. I put my $$ down last Sept for the 1st one to hit my local dealer's door [picked it up in March] so I'm skeptical that it was a mid-year rolling-change [incidentally, I've not seen an '08 w/o black panels].

Looking at this new release, the tidbit that snags my interest is something I saw when I clicked the button in the upper RH corner marked "2008 Model', take a looksee & check the header that says the '08 has 145hp!! ...first I've ever heard of it!!! All this time I figured I only had a paultry 127 or some wimpy figure like that on tap!? [i'll still have to see more data than that to be convinced otherwise...]

As for the black wheels, I've been contemplating having mine PCd to match since I got the bike, but at this point I think I'll pass; its not that I don't like them, but for the effort & $$s involved it wouldn't look all that unique now.

take a looksee & check the header that says the '08 has 145hp!! ...first I've ever heard of it!!! All this time I figured I only had a paultry 127 or some wimpy figure like that on tap!?
No significant change. The bike has always been rated at 145 crank horsepower....or actually 146.

Dyno testing at the rear wheel is usually in the high 120 range......127 actually.

It's been in the Bin O' Facts for years.

Given the election season, some polling on color choices would've been interesting here. I'd also be very interesting to know the average age of the riders on this forum.
Both have been done before. One's here. I'll leave it to you to search and find the other. ;)

take a looksee & check the header that says the '08 has 145hp!! ...first I've ever heard of it!!! All this time I figured I only had a paultry 127 or some wimpy figure like that on tap!?
No significant change. The bike has always been rated at 145 crank horsepower....or actually 146.

Dyno testing at the rear wheel is usually in the high 120 range......127 actually.

It's been in the Bin O' Facts for years.

Thanks Matt, Perhaps I'd seen the data before, but don't recollect it. I guess I don't put much stock in Crank figures, just don't seem 'real' to me, ...whatcha got on the tarmack is whatcha got! Once I glommed onto the rear wheel figure I probably just spaced the other info.

Heafty Price Increase on the 09 FJR!!

Not the US Blue Spec but here's a photoshop of the 09 R1 with Akra's!!

:D

ouwosw.jpg

Daaaaaaayumn!! Check out the new YZF-R1....HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09MS_YZFR1_blk_S1_f5b567e0.jpg

And Yammy has an AWESOME dedicated-R1 web site: https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/msite/micro_v1.aspx
+1

For the last several years, the R1 (to me) was such an aesthetically tastefully executed machine! This '09 is (again to me) is

a surprising disappointment!!

As to the FJR...I consider it a great bike as it is...Regarding the color: any honest person would be forced to admit the

GALAXY BLUE to be the color most preferred! :rolleyes: