2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pressing again for the spot snap-shot. I think it's coming when the riders are most wide-spread. Looking at the bonuses for leg 3, fook! they be all wide spread chasing points me think. Eh, don't know how many are sucker bets. Still would like to see rider positions across the US and Canada if at all possible. Maybe missed the magic word on my last request... Please?
You MAY see one in the middle of the leg, possibly late today or tonight. You also may not see one at all. Information will be given out at the discretion of the Rally master. Your requests are not going to make any difference.

Tom

Alan Barbic's travails is just further demonstration that this is a mental challenge as much as a physical one. Alan was picked by many as a top-ten finisher.

It has been a tough rally so far. Best wishes to all and get back safely.

Bill Lance

Pressing again for the spot snap-shot. I think it's coming when the riders are most wide-spread. Looking at the bonuses for leg 3, fook! they be all wide spread chasing points me think. Eh, don't know how many are sucker bets. Still would like to see rider positions across the US and Canada if at all possible. Maybe missed the magic word on my last request... Please?
You MAY see one in the middle of the leg, possibly late today or tonight. You also may not see one at all. Information will be given out at the discretion of the Rally master. Your requests are not going to make any difference.

Tom

How about the bonus listing for Leg 2? Will promises of love and adoration help? Or would pleas of desperation be more in order?

What is Ignacio doing viewing this thread? Doesn't he have better things to do? :blink:

ignacioonline.jpg

I'm looking for a list of the Leg 3 Bonii ...in particular the three that show on the map for Alberta Canada - does anyone have that info?

Kasey

Hey folks,

If you haven't heard already:

I don't think Derek will mind me posting this, since he is officially out. He left me a phone message this morning and said he went down pretty hard in gravel and broke his collarbone. The bike was pretty banged up but still "rideable". He is working his way home today slowly. I've never ridden with a freshly broken collarbone but I can't imagine another 1500 miles would be comfortable. :(

Best of luck to the remaining riders,

Ride safe please,

Just a comment -

I know from personal experience that when you're riding in a multi-day rally, a quick check on the forum is huge for morale.

If Iggy and Turbo and SkooterG are checking when they get the chance (and others as well) this would be a really great place to post up a note to them - basically telling them not to F*&K UP !!

It's great to know that folks 'back on the farm' are rootin' fer ya !!!!

NOTE: might not be a good idea to post up about other riders' positions, etc., we don't want to have this viewed as a possible information source to the riders.

GO TURBO !!

GO IGGY !!

GO SKOOTER!!

And you all know what WarChild says - so I'm not gonna quote him.

Be Safe !!

The rider is okay, but he is out of the rally.
Classic Skooter?
I really can't comment further, folks, but no, it's not Skoot; he's fine. (well... as fine as Skoot can be, anyway)
:lol:
DSC02829.jpg
If this type of repulsive photography is going to continue on our FJR Forum: Every member is entitled to a free FJR barf bag!
That picture is going to show up in every post office in the country. :rolleyes:

I bet Ft. Sumner, NM is one of the Bonii. Billy the Kid died there. I saw two riders heading that way on US84 Saturday afternoon.

GO TURBO !!

GO IGGY !!

GO SKOOTER!!

..you've made it this far and I know you've all got the 'stuff' to finish well. Ride Safe.

Kasey

Just a comment -
I know from personal experience that when you're riding in a multi-day rally, a quick check on the forum is huge for morale.

If Iggy and Turbo and SkooterG are checking when they get the chance (and others as well) this would be a really great place to post up a note to them - basically telling them not to F*&K UP !!

It's great to know that folks 'back on the farm' are rootin' fer ya !!!!

NOTE: might not be a good idea to post up about other riders' positions, etc., we don't want to have this viewed as a possible information source to the riders.

GO TURBO !!

GO IGGY !!

GO SKOOTER!!

And you all know what WarChild says - so I'm not gonna quote him.

Be Safe !!

I spoke with SkooterG early this morning. He definitely learned his lesson from leg 2. He left Santa Anna WELL rested and ready to score the "big" bonuses. He had just finished 1500 miles along with some rest and is ready to execute a pretty aggressive route today. He is fired up and ready to recover those bonus points he napped through on leg 2!!

:clapping: