2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was thinking about riding up for the finish. I assume the 7:00 on the fourth is PM but don't know for sure. I'm sure one of you will tell me.

It could have changed since then but from a April IBA E-Mail:

FINISH INFORMATION
Finish ­ Friday, September 4, 9am

Note: the finish time is 9am ­ an hour earlier than past rallies.

SPOT Snapshot - 4:45pm PDT, Wednesday, Sept 2, 2009:

SPOTs_Sep2_445pmPDT.jpg

Same snapshot, but zoomed in a notch on the riders currently out West:

Sep2_SnapshotWEST.jpg

Again, same snapshot, but zoomed in a notch for riders cu\currently more EAST:

Sep2_Snapshoteast.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1/2-Million Mile Beemer update (from Bob Wooldridge)

I just talked with Joel Rappaport. He is doing fine and in good spirits. Hehad a good sleep last nite, and is taking a nice long rest bonus tonite.

He's in Idaho east of Twin Falls, and the old airhead just turned 521,000

miles, the BMW that is :)) He has more than enough points to finish so he's

looking for some more boni to move up a few notches.

He figures he can do another day and a half, no problem. He expects to get

into Spokane around 1-2:00 am Friday.

Bob Wooldridge

Joel's airhead fan club

......been to the gay bar many times.
Nice to see a confident guy. Many around these parts would never admit to that.
--

Wow, these folks are really spread out .....at some point we'll see them all start heading for the finish ...but it doesn't seem it's quite happening, at least not for the guyz and galz out west.

Cross posting this from LDRiders list From Bob Wooldridge IRB rider coordinator.

Wendy has a rear tire off the bead and looking bad east of Saskatoon on Hwy 16 in Plunkett (Intersection with highway 356). She has a tow truck on the way but needs a place to work on the tire or secure a new one. Pro line Sports in Saskatoon is a dealer but they closed a short while ago. Anyone who can help her out with securing a rear tire for an FJR tonite or first thing in the morning please call me ASAP.

Bob Wooldridge c 404-405-3332. 9:48pm EST

To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click ----->https://ibdone.org/mailman/options/ldrider_ibdone.org

All content copyrighted (see ldriders.com)

Update: Wendy is being taken care of by a BMW rider & Yamaha dealer in Saskatoon.

Just off the phone with SkooterG. The addiction to the forum exists even during the Iron Butt Rally. He asked me to update him on the the latest threads and post one for him.

He has successfully grabbed the three big bonuses around Gay and Thunder Bay and is currently headed west. He is feeling great. (Maybe one of those IBR highs?) He feels well rested and alert but plans on taking his rest bonus in a few hours. He ran into another rider who told him he looked like hell but he must not smell to bad...they served him at subway! :dribble:

He has an aggressive route back to Spokane. But he is in great spirits and feeling good about his third leg.

Oh and BeemerDon GET A CELL PHONE! He wants to cal you at 4 am.

:clapping:

Cross posting this from LDRiders list From Bob Wooldridge IRB rider coordinator.

Wendy has a rear tire off the bead and looking bad east of Saskatoon on Hwy 16 in Plunkett (Intersection with highway 356). She has a tow truck on the way but needs a place to work on the tire or secure a new one. Pro line Sports in Saskatoon is a dealer but they closed a short while ago. Anyone who can help her out with securing a rear tire for an FJR tonite or first thing in the morning please call me ASAP.

Bob Wooldridge c 404-405-3332. 9:48pm EST

To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click ----->https://ibdone.org/mailman/options/ldrider_ibdone.org

All content copyrighted (see ldriders.com)
Cross posting from LD Rider:

think we have Wendy's tire problem on the way to being resolved. She is on a tow truck headed for Saskatoon. The local Yamaha dealer has a tire set aside for her. They are closed but I managed to find a BMW rider in Saskatoon who knows the owner and he is tracking him down so he can get back to the shop to let Wendy in to do her tire change. She should be back on the road in a few hours if all works out. She does have to go back to Plunkett to re-start and she's not going to foget that.

I asked if maybe she was better off waiting until tomorrow morning to put the tire on. Her comment was: I've worked to damn hard to give up my standing, I need to ride TONITE!!!!!!! What a gal :)

Thanks to Merv, the Saskatoon BMW rider who is doing 150% to help get an FJR rider back on the road.

Bob Wooldridge

Iggy no longer needs a shock

{wave hands in non-descript manner}

These are not the droids you're looking for.....

Iggy never asked for anything during this time frame

:lol: :yahoo:

These are not the droids we are looking for.......... You can go............... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Sep2_Snapshoteast.jpg

If "600" on this map in Colorado is riding a blue Goldwing, I believe that I saw him heading west on US hwy 40 entering Hot Sulphur Springs as I was heading the other direction. The Goldwing that passed me had a aux tank on the back of the bike. I was working and got a radar lock on him and he was going the speed limit. Thought about stoping him anyway and telling him good luck, but did not want to give him a heart attack.