2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote by doctorj10:05AM now eastern so looks like now into penalty time. This waiting sux.
I'm on with that. I was hoping Dale would chirp in here at penalty time....

Quote by doctorj10:05AM now eastern so looks like now into penalty time. This waiting sux.
I'm on with that. I was hoping Dale would chirp in here at penalty time....

My guess is with a gaggle of bikes coming in at the last minute from Sandpoint that they are very busy getting everyone checked in. Waiting sucks, not much work happening here either...

Yeah for Turbo! He the Man! :yahoo:

Some news from various sources:

Kirt Dix is out. Engine self destructed in Butte Montana. He's hoping to rent a car to get to the finish dinner.

Rumor is that several of the riders in Canada have run into road construction. Their finishing is in doubt... Not sure how reliable this rumor is as there was no source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Schutter and I were kicking tire in the parking lot of the Red Lion when who shows up...TurboDave! He made it in at about 11 pm looking pretty tired but not having lost his sense of humor. He's convince he doesn't have enough points to be consider and official finisher, but I have to say I'm pretty damned impressed he's here at all after how hard the heat hit him before CP 2. He's grabbing some zzzzs before scoring at 4 am.
GREAT news about Turbo!Congrats Dave, well done!

I think they ought to give him an "Honorary" finishers award....kinda like universities give Honerary degrees....same for the guy in the sidecar rig....I think they earned it either way!

Ray

both of them still did better than I ever would!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One rider was 50 miles out and heading in with the penalty window just about to kick in.

safe journey to those still working their way back. it's crunch time.

Dan Schutter and I were kicking tire in the parking lot of the Red Lion when who shows up...TurboDave! He made it in at about 11 pm looking pretty tired but not having lost his sense of humor. He's convince he doesn't have enough points to be consider and official finisher, but I have to say I'm pretty damned impressed he's here at all after how hard the heat hit him before CP 2. He's grabbing some zzzzs before scoring at 4 am.
GREAT news about Turbo!Congrats Dave, well done!

I think they ought to give him and "Honorary" finishers award....kinda like universities give Honerary degrees....same for the guy in the sidecar rig....I think they earned it either way!

Ray

both of them still did better than I ever would!!
+1 A better man than I

Alex Harper is stopping frequently to add oil to his third bike in this rally, a BMW GS. The bike has a serious oil leak that is soaking Alex’s left leg.-
Now....I know I've got a warped sense of humor but.....if I were Alex I'd be on the phone to my wife telling her to pick up a bicycle somewhere...preferably a girls bike with a basket and flowers on the front....then park the BMW around the corner from the checkpoint where they couldn't see it and come riding in on the bicycle in full gear. Would make for a BIG, memorable laugh for everyone.

Ray

ok...now back to work.....for a little bit anyway.....
After 11 days I think I would check in first and then go get the bicycle. You never know, your Iron Butt bike could blow up on you when you went back to get it.

Always look on the bright side.

Talked to Andy Mills a former FJR rider now on the Victory Vision. He was in on time and ready to get scored. Will be waiting anxiously to see how he ends up placing. Some construction held him up yesterday from getting some of the points he had planned.

Grady

Anticipating the reports/results but know that all involved are pretty much busy right now. (it would be pretty neat if they opened up the spot tracker with maybe 8 or 12 hours to go)

some bad news I'm afraid...

just saw this posted over on the MTF (obviously can't vouch for reliability -- just passing it on):

" 37936.15 in reply to 37936.14

Am new to your forum but there has been a problem with Davo, I just got a message from Wil, Davo's wife message reads as:

"Mick Just had a call form idaho emergency dept. David hit a deer . Has a head injury. going into surgery. Please pass this on"

Michael

FarRiders Admin"

all kinds of good thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers sent your way Davo!

Latest posts