2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abercrombie, if you decide to go and you need a place to layover for Thursday night, let me know. Gramps (Marc) and I will be heading down Friday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah more than likely, Rushes, myself, Glorioso and 1 or both Peek bros. will be there as well.

You've gonna have a bigger turn out then SFO!
Who are the Peek Bros? ...and what is Mark's screen name, I forget.

BTW, I'm not neccessarily looking for a big turnout...just looking for fun riding like always, and looking to meet see old FJR friends and meet new ones.
Jim Peek was the guy with me (rides a GS) when you had your get off and totaled your bike in Arkansas. He has a brother, Phillip that rides a 2006 AE.

Yeah more than likely, Rushes, myself, Glorioso and 1 or both Peek bros. will be there as well.

You've gonna have a bigger turn out then SFO!
Who are the Peek Bros? ...and what is Mark's screen name, I forget.

BTW, I'm not neccessarily looking for a big turnout...just looking for fun riding like always, and looking to meet see old FJR friends and meet new ones.
Jim Peek was the guy with me (rides a GS) when you had your get off and totaled your bike in Arkansas. He has a brother, Phillip that rides a 2006 AE.
Okay, I remember Jim. You and he were trying to work on my bike before realizing that the bike was unrideable....here he is trying to wave his magic wand to make my bike all better. :lol:

mt%20view%2008%20003.jpg

Abercrombie FJR, if you want to make a long ride even longer, you can lay-over here. Hope you can make it ! How are your Mp 3s, I should get a new set of tires be fore I head down to the Hoot 400.

Pre road the route today, and there are a few problems.. Hwy E west of Fredricktown closed, and Hwy K north of Doniphan also closed. Both will be a easy get around. E, just go north a few miles and cut across Hwy 72 to Ironton and your back on route. The "K" detour is just as easy. Go north on Hwy. 21 to the "Detour" sign, I did not count the miles to the turn to get back on K but there is a large sign showing the way back to Hwy K. When ride time gets here you can just watch for road closed sign's. If there not there, just follow the route as planned..

All roads look good, and did the approx 400 smiles in about 7 hours. Quick order of B&G's at Bixby, and lunch at Big D's... It was a good day riding, with only 80 miles of light rain..

160 was fast and fun, plus P out of Potosi has new black top and is like a race track.

One word of caution, on the first leg to Potosi on route U there are several "TIGHT" corners, along with Blackbird corner south of Bixby on Hwy. "B".

Let's all make it back to the motel without any broken plastic. I will also make a Garmin Mapsource route in the next few days if anyone wants it....

Smitty :p

Pre road the route today, and there are a few problems.. Hwy E west of Fredricktown closed, and Hwy K north of Doniphan also closed. Both will be a easy get around. E, just go north a few miles and cut across Hwy 72 to Ironton and your back on route. The "K" detour is just as easy. Go north on Hwy. 21 to the "Detour" sign, I did not count the miles to the turn to get back on K but there is a large sign showing the way back to Hwy K. When ride time gets here you can just watch for road closed sign's. If there not there, just follow the route as planned..

All roads look good, and did the approx 400 smiles in about 7 hours. Quick order of B&G's at Bixby, and lunch at Big D's... It was a good day riding, with only 80 miles of light rain..

160 was fast and fun, plus P out of Potosi has new black top and is like a race track.

One word of caution, on the first leg to Potosi on route U there are several "TIGHT" corners, along with Blackbird corner south of Bixby on Hwy. "B".

Let's all make it back to the motel without any broken plastic. I will also make a Garmin Mapsource route in the next few days if anyone wants it....

Smitty :p

THANKS Smitty for checking that out for me!!!

Definitely need to pay attention to the road and ride safe...we don't need anymore broken plastic on these roads...I'm sure there's enough of it out there. So respect these roads...

Well, this is what I will be riding till the next bike comes along....

2012 Honda Goldwing..... :unsure:
019-3.jpg

Can't wait to spank a few Sport tourers with this pig... :rolleyes:

Smitty

That is if you still have it in October :yahoo:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We need to start a pool. For $5 you can buy a 'week'. As in how many weeks will Smitty own 'The Great White Sperm'? Whoever is closest to the right answer when he punts it will get the pot!

That is if you still have it in October :yahoo:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We need to start a pool. For $5 you can buy a 'week'. As in how many weeks will Smitty own 'The Great White Sperm'? Whoever is closest to the right answer when he punts it will get the pot!
Start the bet thread Skooty and they will come!

I'll throw down a fiver, to get in on this action!!

Skooter start the thread I'm In
+1, Gunny; mehaffydr is right on, start the betting thread. Make it a 50-50 drawing GreggieM, we need new software or hardware (I'm too computer stupid to know which!) and half could be used to speed up our fine FJR Forum.

We run a 50-50 drawing every year at the Pipefitter's Union Picnic. Each fitter puts in $20 into the kitty and we usually have 100 entrants, so the winner gets a grand and we give$1K to a local charity such as Jerry's Kids.

What happened to Mike's CBR?

Smitty, are you still good for a cookout if we get big numbers for Saturday?
Mike will be riding that!
Excellent! I thought you got busted up pretty bad during work and weren't gonna be able to ride??

Are you gonna be at the Hooterville ride as well? If so, that's great! :clapping:

I have hi-lighted maps of the route for everyone. When time gets closer I will recheck the closed roads, and hi-light a easy detour.

Wheetie, when you get a final head count let me know. With the count I will let you know if a cook out is still possible. With a large turn out, it may be a bit much to do a cookout.

Smitty