2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wrote down the designations for the riders going to certain combinations, so I should know which ones are heading where in general.

I just wrote down the designations for the riders going to certain combinations, so I should know which ones are heading where in general.
Hope you don't have any big plans for the next 11 days, sounds like you just signed yourself up for unofficial tracker! Thanks Trigger! :D

We just got back from compleating 1/4 of the 4 corner portion of the IBA Rally, more pictures to follow. this was the Candy Butt Rally.

DSC_7160.JPG

I am on a family vacation starting Thursday, so I hope I get service next to the pool while I am watching my kids.

And people please keep any alleged real names out of this thread please. They do not need to be posted on the Internet for everybody to see. ;)

Thanks.

The Management

There is a H U G E amount of energy and interest in this post...This would be an incredible docu-drama if someone were to film this...maybe next year. Thanks Dale.
You mean the IBR? There are 2 DVDs out already. Where you been?

And people please keep any alleged real names out of this thread please. They do not need to be posted on the Internet for everybody to see. ;)

Thanks.

The Management
EXACTLY! That is why I didn't even post which rider codes were obviously trying for which point combinations. If other people really wanted to know, they could have written them down like I did. The last thing I want to do is to spoil this great way of watching the riders progress.

EXACTLY! That is why I didn't even post which rider codes were obviously trying for which point combinations. If other people really wanted to know, they could have written them down like I did. The last thing I want to do is to spoil this great way of watching the riders progress.
Undoubtedly 'they' are watching all online outlets. If there's any hint of exposure to the riders or the organization, you can bet this thing will be yanked post haste.

Aaaaaaaaand the first bike mechanical casualty of the 2011 IBR goes to..... BMW!!!

A brand new, 3800-mile 2011 BMW 1200GSA has developed an electrical problem. Not sure if it's the bike, or the mega-$$$ of superfluous electrical farkles the owner jammed in.... bike is stopped, and is trying to effect repairs...

Last edited by a moderator:
The IBA report for the day is up on the IBA site. 3 or maybe it was 4 riders are going to Hyder, AK. We know none of them has a SPOT, since the map does not show them on it. They are going to have to put in some major miles.

From the Iron Butt forum just a bit ago:

Dave Fick, a 2011 IBR rider, needs help in Yakima, Washington. He's having a problem with his 2011 BMW R1200GSA. His bike won't start.
If you can help, his cell number is 410-627-7269.

Aaaaaaaaand the first bike mechanical casualty of the 2011 IBR goes to..... BMW!!!

A brand new, 3800-mile 2011 BMW 1200GSA has developed an electrical problem. Not sure if it's the bike, or the mega-$$ of superfluous electrical farkles the owner jammed in.... bike is stopped, and is trying to effect repairs...
After reading the daily report on the Iron Butt Rally site, and seeing the post on Ldrider. All I gotta say is that guy is having a really bad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.