2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know who caused LL to laugh until she cried.

And I want to state here that the 3 going to Hyder are all capable of winning it. I hope one of them does.

I want to know who caused LL to laugh until she cried.

And I want to state here that the 3 going to Hyder are all capable of winning it. I hope one of them does.
+1 as to the LL tearmaker identity!

As for the the 3 going to Hyder - NUTS! NEVER blow your wad on the first leg of the IBR. While all three could win it, my money and allegiance is on Eric Jewell or Chris Sakala. The fact that those are the two bastards in this year's IBR who finished ahead of me last time around has NOTHING, I say NOTHING to do with it! :)

Edit: And don't forget Curt Gran. A PROVEN Big Dog when it comes to pouring on the miles!

Last edited by a moderator:
From the ld-rider list:

Heard that 4 speeding tickets have already been handed out in the greater Seattle area since the start.
Wonder if they were keeping a watch out for them or something... :unsure:

Nothing special, just some very big speed traps that WSP usually runs and all three main groups went through at least one. Even the MC WSP have laser on the west side now.

After reading the daily report on the Iron Butt Rally site, and seeing the post on Ldrider. All I gotta say is that guy is having a really bad day!
Definitely.

As Tom Austin's Day 1 report clearly indicated, David's egress out of the impound lot was non-standard. To say the least. I wasn't very happy with him.

Now this electrical issue.

A very bad Day 1 for Mr Fick. :huh:

Okay, what 'da ****..... check out this SPOT snapshot just taken...

9hours.jpg

LOOK at this "TBO" dude riding in uber-slow-ass Hwy 12 in Orofino, Idaho!!! WTF?! Is he sight-seeing?! :blink:

LOOK at this "TBO" dude riding in uber-slow-ass Hwy 12 in Orofino, Idaho!!! WTF?! Is he sight-seeing?! :blink:
Must be. Guess he wants to ride the Lolo Pass road. Hell, maybe he'll double back and ride it two or three times for the fun of it. :lol:

web.jpg

The perfect bike to do a 48-state blast.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

FJR's much?

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

No auxiliary tank...but a Frankentank. Not as clean as the one AuburnFJR is rolling with.

web.jpg

The Hopeless Class and odd balls

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

A bad omen for the Triumph that's running in the IBR?

web.jpg

web.jpg

The sole instruction given by Dale: DON'T F&*K UP!

web.jpg

Amused onlookers.

web.jpg

All done in 4 minutes.

web.jpg

Must be. Guess he wants to ride the Lolo Pass road. Hell, maybe he'll double back and ride it two or three times for the fun of it. :lol:
Judging from the time and the latest SPOT track for him, it appears he's on Lolo Pass and going to ride it in the dark. That IS a great motorcycle road, but doing it from dusk into the night? Forest rat time, slow and treacherous. Good luck to him.

Here are some more pictures,

DSC_7052.JPG

DSC_7056.JPG

DSC_7059.JPG

DSC_7064.JPG

DSC_7067.JPG

DSC_7069.JPG

DSC_7070.JPG

Looks like Dale is about to get slapped upside the head!

DSC_7074.JPG

DSC_7076.JPG

DSC_7078.JPG

DSC_7079.JPG

DSC_7088.JPG

DSC_7098.JPG

DSC_7101.JPG

These two are from down under

DSC_7107.JPG

DSC_7114.JPG

DSC_7131.JPG

Neihart trying to get riders to bring pie back from all 48 states

DSC_7130.JPG

DSC_7149.JPG

Looks like ready2go is NOT ready2go

DSC_7151.JPG

Now he's ready2go

I am majorly pumped at this year's format! Really looking forward to watching the events unfold - the spot link is fantastic.

Nice pics y'all. After witnessing the finish in Spokane in '09, it was fun to see how it all starts! :)

Good luck to all the riders!

--G

Who's on the blue SV650? I didn't see it listed in Tom's Day -2 roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.