2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix is a long way from anything except the finish line. Tough to get if you do Santa Fe, Denver, Cheyenne, SLC and over to Carson City and Sacramento.
Cheyenne and SLC were capitals for Leg 1, judging from the number of people who headed there. I don't believe Denver was, as I watched one rider hop over just far enough into CO to grab the state, but not the capital.

So far, I believe these capitals are on Leg 1: WA, OR, MT, ID, UT, WY, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY, PA...and possibly NY (though I doubt it). That's based on seeing at least one rider go in as far to the capital...instead of just grabbing the state and continuing on. Now, I may have missed some riders while sleeping, so this is only based on what I have witnessed.

That leaves the following states capitals: NY (?), VT, ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, LA, OK, TX, CO, NM, AZ, NV, CA.

Leg 2 possible states: NY (?), VT, ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, TN, GA, FL

Leg 3 possible states: AL, MS, AR, LA, OK, TX, CO, NM, AZ, NV, CA

Anyone want to do the routing needed to snag those capital bonuses in relation to the alloted leg time?
I come up with 6,300 miles or so with the states you listed (for leg one). Maybe Utah and Kentucky are on leg three? They are the outliers if just a little. All interstate I think it would be doable for the top guys. Reading the Tom Austin's posts, Hyder to checkpoint in a straight line is 5,700. He is also hinting that winning mileage will be double previous qualifying rides? I think he's expecting somebody to come in with 15k+.

Doing an all 48 capitals seems to fit this bill while maximizing known bonii. Are any of the tracked riders attempting something like this?

3,800 or so for leg 2, 4,900 for leg 3, total of....15k. All interstate. Some of these guys could do it. At that kind of mileage there may not be much time for low hanging fruit but if an all 48 capitals bonus is available? Would that bonus possibility have to be announced at the start or could it be a surprise at the finish?

Warchild,

Do you know what held Dick Peek up at the northern border? Was it the usual random bullshit or did they not like the look of something on his mount?

Thx,

Bob
I don't have the details yet... and for all I know, it might just be mis-information.

Regardless, Dick should be on track to make the Checkpoint well within time, so whatever the delay was about, it doesn't really appear fatal to his rally.

IRON BUTT RIDER NEEDS ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Lovell is in Louisville, KY with possible intermittent fuel injector problems on his BMW 2007 R1200RTP.

His cell number is 270-776-6008 if you can provide assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if DC will be some kind of bonus. Real mess to get downtown during the day.

Hopefully, Annapolis will be a big enough enticement to get some guys to come by this way.

Well then...wipe UT off my Leg 1 route and add it to Leg 3.
As my Zumo would say, "Recalculating"
Now its 6k on leg one, 3,900 on leg 2 and 5,500 on leg three. 15,200 total.

Links to google maps where you can move things around, there are defiantly some routing I think could be better.

Leg one

Leg two

Leg three

Wow
Now that I think about it...they may save the FL capital for Leg 3. This would take off a few hours from the Leg 2 Route, and barely impact the Leg 3 route. Makes more sense, and is kind of the same idea as NY being on Leg 2 instead of Leg 1.

I see 130 is on the move again.
1) He / she finally made it through reading this thread.

2) They revoked his / her unlimited refills.

3) Too many people complained about the smelly guy / girl in the corner hogging all the available bandwidth.

The scary thing is...he's / she's headed towards Trenton... :blink:

I see 130 is on the move again.
Yep, the Spotwalla page is updating fine... looks like #130 is going to scarf up some small states before dashing to the checkpoint.

130onthemove.jpg

View PostNiehart, on 23 June 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:I see 130 is on the move again.

Yep, the Spotwalla page is updating fine... looks like #130 is going to scarf up some small states before dashing to the checkpoint.
Going through Lancaster does not strike me as being the quickest way from Harrisburg to Maryland or Delaware or New Jersey. PA-272 is a two land road with traffic lights. I would have thought the Interstate from Harrisburg would have been quicker despite the extra mileage. Could fatigue be clouding # 130's judgement or am I missing something here.

Well then...wipe UT off my Leg 1 route and add it to Leg 3.
As my Zumo would say, "Recalculating"
Now its 6k on leg one, 3,900 on leg 2 and 5,500 on leg three. 15,200 total.

Links to google maps where you can move things around, there are defiantly some routing I think could be better.

Leg one

Leg two

Leg three

Wow
I think you found the winner for the hero that can do it. 48/48 for some super boni has been my bet.

Get then all - win it all.

But the fact that this is my choice would indicate you are wrong.

If anyone else is interested - I offer free real estate advice as well. :dribble:

And now 130 is in Maryland, possibly going for DE's capital? Baltimore? :eek: DC?

I don't know with this one anymore. Goodluck to 130!

Status
Not open for further replies.