2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, so far my 'gamble' is dead wrong - no escalating points on the capitals, and no surprises for leg 2. I just got off the phone with one of the riders who has been on the road for an hour or two and he told me everything on the leg 2 rally pack was relatively straight forward. The boys who rode their asses off scarfing up capitals on leg 1 are definitely in a bit of trouble I would say.

It will still be interesting to see what happens for leg 3, but right now the two Hyder boys who got Oregon - Meese and Peek are looking pretty damn good. Sinclair still needs to get Oregon which I think will really hurt him on leg 3. Definitely takes the 4-corners off the table for him. Wonder if either of the other two are still looking at that?

If points don't escalate on leg 3, I don't know how much an advantage it will be, but the *alleged* riders who made Madawaska should also have an advantage, though I don't know if it will be enough to challenge the Alaska boys. All depends on the leg 3 rally pack. A LOT will be riding on that.

Well done to all the riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
#433 is certainly taking an interesting path today!

Also, looks to me like there are some Canadian bonii on this leg.

I've noticed my SPOT will not send a tracking signal while moving at highway speeds, at least not on the regular 15min per signal schedule. Generally it'll send one when I slow down for an off-ramp, or stop at a stop sign or light.
My buddie's spot sent a tracking signal at FJR nominal speeds...so I think something is wrong with your unit.

What's Nancy up to? She's #5 in mileage, including more than some Alaska trippers, but way down in pts. Typo, or has she taken two corners or something else?

What's Nancy up to? She's #5 in mileage, including more than some Alaska trippers, but way down in pts. Typo, or has she taken two corners or something else?

Keep in mind that this doesn't include the points for the 4 corners. IF she's going for that, you won't see those 4800 points until the end of the rally. She's cruising though!!!

I wonder what the chances are of any of the Alaska 3 also doing the 4 corners? If they aren't completely fried from the first leg, they have just as good a shot at it as any of the other folks.

How do you end up with -1980 points. OUCH!!
You roll into the check point very near to closing time. Penalty points start accumulating after the checkpoint opens and you dnf after the checkpoint closes. Smart riders arrive before the checkpoint opens.

Cameron was the mysterious SPOT #184 last night.

I really like doing points / mile calculations as a way to see how efficient a rider is.

1: 1.31

2: 1.32

3: 1.19

4: 0.98

5: 0.96

6: 0.95

7: 0.98

8: 0.92

9: 1.01

10: 0.85

There are a lot of riders out of the top 10 that are in the .85 - .95 range.

That explains it. I forgot about rider #184 rolling in so close to the check point closing.

Here they are as of ~ 6:30am PDT on Day 6:

6_625.jpg

Hey Warchild,

Can you identify the rider that did Hwy 12 Lolo pass on the first leg? He's my hero! lol

You claimed that route was really slow, but I believe you can maintain 60-70 mph average. Sure, your rear tire will take some punishment, but mostly on the sides which don't get used much the rest of the way. Err, maybe a bit slower, since he was doing it at night-time...

How's he doing now?

Anyone know when the Leg 1 Bonus Listing is going to be made available? Some of us armchair rallists want to see how we would have planned the first leg lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.