2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more w**k day to go,

One more w**k day to go,

Ee - eye Daddy Oh,

One more w**k day to go,

:yahoo:

Then we're off and running.....

Yosemite, Mammoth, St George, Zion, Bryce, Torrey, Durango, Telluride, Taos, North rim GC, .... :D
HIGHLANDER's and HYCLE's, have fun and ride safe! You have a great ride route laid out! Be careful, OM, Bokerfork and SacramentoMike will be out on those same roads: Muy Peligro, ese!
Lo Siento, por favor! I'd forgotten los Otras Norte Californios Travelers to SW-FOG 2010: Feliz Viaje y Bienvenidos y Vaya Con Dios para Senor Roger y Senorita Deb, El FJRRobs y El Gfrans!

Con mucho gusto! Arriba y Baile en Nuevo Mexico!

It looks like a good bunch of NorCal folks will be rolling into Taos next week.

HYCLES -2-up

RogDebs - 2-up

Highlanders - 2-up

FJRRobs - 2-up

Gfrans - 2-up

SacMike/Bokerfork - 2-up

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Mexico State Police interviewed the woman and here is her statement: "The Officer was extremely well endowed!"
So, now every Irish cop is a suspect?
Um...No. The person that cop was having sex with was a woman. That rules out all you Irish toolbags.

And Alex, you will be happy to know that Big-D and Papa Chuy Viejo went to JC Penney's yesterday and we each bought a four pack of new tighty-whitey undies. So Dan and Don are all set now for Taos!
So this means that this year the undies are gonna be skidmark free? That woulda really helped with the recurring mental images I still get.

Wowser Bud, you are right! He is NOT facing any charges from the State of New Mexico, I figured they would throw the book at him! OK, party hearty FJR Forum Riders!

The surveillance camera that caught the couple was set up to catch vandals at a remote ranch owned by Santa Fe County.

The Santa Fe sheriff Robert Garcia says he will not be pressing criminal charges because the incident occurred "in the middle of nowhere."

State Police released a statement Tuesday.

"The internal affairs investigation is complete, now we are awaiting a final decision on any disciplinary action that could be taken."
Ok...So, he is not facing criminal charges because no one caught on that video camera would have. They were not anywhere in public view, but prolly did not expect video cameras to be there. Without the "public view" thing, there is nothing to charge them with criminally.

That being said, this dude is prolly in a load of crap. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job. State Police does not take kindly to being on the news for anything, and this has made it all the way to Jay Leno...I hope she was worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his wife, house, and half of whatever is left of his retirement when this is all said and done.

He is being punished enough I think.

As far as Patch's warnings about the increased enforcement; there are two things to consider. He basically warned you guys that all the good roads will be covered with law enforcement. Bummer.

I also found out that a LOT of the SP guys moniter this site and are aware that Beemerdons ratted them out. Apparently anyone over 250lbs on either a BMW barge or a multicolored FJR north of Albuquerque is gonna get stopped and cavity searched. That sounds like a good time.

Oh...And I have them searching diligently for Phroenips...Just cuz he needs the attention.

As far as Patch's warnings about the increased enforcement; there are two things to consider. He basically warned you guys that all the good roads will be covered with law enforcement. Bummer.

I'll be leaveing 0'Dark thirty Friday morning for Taos, I 80 to 191 at Rock Springs, WY, 191 to Taos. Holiday weekend I will be on my best behavior, which isn't really that good, but much better than usual.

I also found out that a LOT of the SP guys moniter this site and are aware that Beemerdons ratted them out. Apparently anyone over 250lbs on either a BMW barge or a multicolored FJR north of Albuquerque is gonna get stopped and cavity searched. That sounds like a good time.

Oh...And I have them searching diligently for Phroenips...Just cuz he needs the attention.
HRZ, You are such a nice person, hope the SP will stay busy with that and the rest of us can sneak thourgh.

https://www.huffingto...c1_lnk1%7C91018 NEW MEXICO TRAVEL ADVISORY: If you see a New Mexico State Highway Patrol Officer having sex with a woman on the hood of his

Aside from that (thanks for bringing it up Beemerdons), I wanted to give you all a heads up on some construction areas that are saturated with officers writing LOTS of tickets. US64 from Tres Piedras to Taos is being hit hard as is US285 between the Colorado border and Ojo Caliente. State Road 522 north from Taos toward Questa just had chipseal finished up so careful with loose gravel (it's mostly gone now) and heightened patrols there. Everything else is pretty normal.
Patch,

Thanks for the heads up. I will be coming in on Tues. on 64 and hope to ride 522 too.

Not looking good for me this year. Irene kept me holed up most of the week with no power and no way to get to my office, so I have a bunch of work to catch up on. There is still a slim possibility that I can get the bare minimum done tomorrow and still be able to head out Friday AM, but the odds are not good. :angry2:
Geezer: Greg, so sorry to hear that you may not be able to come to SW-FOG 2011! We SW-FOG Attendees are keeping our fingers crossed that you can still ride out to New Mexico to join us for the riding fun and madcap frivolity!

However, Old Michael and Bokerfork will not be able to keep their legs crossed! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
The power came back on today and I was able to bang out the couple of items of work that had to be done. So, I am packed and ready to roll in the AM. :yahoo: I'll be heading to NJ to meet up with Thingfish and then it's West by Southwest for a few days. I hope to be riding the Million Dollar Highway on Tuesday morning and arrive in Taos later that day.

Not looking good for me this year. Irene kept me holed up most of the week with no power and no way to get to my office, so I have a bunch of work to catch up on. There is still a slim possibility that I can get the bare minimum done tomorrow and still be able to head out Friday AM, but the odds are not good. :angry2:
Geezer: Greg, so sorry to hear that you may not be able to come to SW-FOG 2011! We SW-FOG Attendees are keeping our fingers crossed that you can still ride out to New Mexico to join us for the riding fun and madcap frivolity!

However, Old Michael and Bokerfork will not be able to keep their legs crossed! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Bite me Greg.. ;)

The power came back on today and I was able to bang out the couple of items of work that had to be done. So, I am packed and ready to roll in the AM. :yahoo: I'll be heading to NJ to meet up with Thingfish and then it's West by Southwest for a few days. I hope to be riding the Million Dollar Highway on Tuesday morning and arrive in Taos later that day.

Bite me Greg.. ;)

WTF?!?!?! Did you have something to add in there shit for brains?

NO PUI!!! (Posting Under the Influence)

:finger:

Oh for shitsakes Scooty! Ya think yer the only Greg here?

I now see why yer pappy don't readily admit to you. :blink:

Dork!

:****:

Blufjr...UPDATE ON STATE ROAD 522*** The highway department swept it today!!! Loose gravel should be all gone. I paid pretty close attention to it today and didn't see any at all. I'll hit it on the bike tomorrow or this weekend and if I find any funky areas I'll let you guys know. Oh, and not ALL the good roads are covered...US285 is mostly straight (although brand spankin' new and prime for speed trials {if I was into that kinda thing}) and the part of USS64 that's being hit is the straight part from US64 to Toas.

Again, if anyone is riding in any earlier lemme know. It's not looking like I'll make any of the rides for this one because of work but will be off Saturday/Sunday and around 6pm.

I just had to document this. It's ten to four (A freaking M) and I'm walking out the door. NV, UT, CO, and then NM Tuesday. Looking for a great ride. See you there. :yahoo:

I just had to document this. It's ten to four (A freaking M) and I'm walking out the door. NV, UT, CO, and then NM Tuesday. Looking for a great ride. See you there. :yahoo:
Old Michael: Do you think that SacMike remembered to roll over and give Bokerfork a nice goodbye kiss before he got out of bed this morning? Older Miguel gets, the more forgetful he becomes!

Hey patch308, do you remember this one Amigo? Last year at the BMW Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally in Sipapu, New Mexico you gave out this ticket just North of Angel Fire to a 24 year old Type 247 "Airhead" BMW for speeding. Hell's Bell's, a BMW R100GS "Bumblebee" won't even do 75mph downhill!

The Rider was AZ Beemers President Brian Boles; a good friend and riding buddy of Big-D, SkooterG, good2go, pinhead, Jim in Phoenix, Tucson Joe and marcusorelius. Son of a Gun, I just can't believe you would do that to a fellow Boxer Beemer Rider!

CIMG2810.JPG

:(

Hey patch308, do you remember this one Amigo? Last year at the BMW Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally in Sipapu, New Mexico you gave out this ticket just North of Angel Fire to a 24 year old Type 247 "Airhead" BMW for speeding. Hell's Bell's, a BMW R100GS "Bumblebee" won't even do 75mph downhill!

The Rider was AZ Beemers President Brian Boles; a good friend and riding buddy of Big-D, SkooterG, good2go, pinhead, Jim in Phoenix, Tucson Joe and marcusorelius. Son of a Gun, I just can't believe you would do that to a fellow Boxer Beemer Rider!

Huh, that actually WASN'T me. I have an LED lightbar and don't patrol that area. You're going to give me a bad rep! On the OTHER hand, do YOU remember THIS one..."Amigo"? Three months ago at that petting zoo when YOU gave out that hairy ass of yours for fun?

The rider was a poor poor African 8 year old spotted type giraffe. Li'l fella ended up with syphilis and had to get penicillin shots for months! His penis finally shriveled and fell off...so sad. I just can't believe YOU would do that to a fellow LIVING CREATURE!!!

Beemerdons.jpg

Huh, that actually WASN'T me. I have an LED lightbar and don't patrol that area. You're going to give me a bad rep! On the OTHER hand, do YOU remember THIS one..."Amigo"? Three months ago at that petting zoo when YOU gave out that hairy ass of yours for fun?

The rider was a poor poor African 8 year old spotted type giraffe. Li'l fella ended up with syphilis and had to get penicillin shots for months! His penis finally shriveled and fell off...so sad. I just can't believe YOU would do that to a fellow LIVING CREATURE!!!

Beemerdons.jpg
Dayum Don...I'm ashamed of you. That's terrible.

Beemerdons.jpg
Dayum Don...I'm ashamed of you. That's terrible.
Muchas Gracias "Los Guajolotes" Patch y HRZ, I'm going to use that pic on my Christmas Card this year!

Now that we have determined who actually took it in the rear, I will leave my home at 6am Monday in order to meet up with you guys in Holbrook by noon. It is right at 300 miles for me, but still being a growing boy, I have to stop to have breakfast. So I will allow myself an extra hour to get to Holbrook. On the rare occasion when I get a speeding ticket, my history tells me I usually get them in pairs, so I have another one coming. So once I get on I-40, I'll keep it at 80, hopefully AJ & Patch's cousins in AZ will allow 5mph over, except for while riding through Flagstaff where it drops to 65mph.

All I saying I guess is wait for me if I'm running a little late.

We have to cancel this one. The wife has been ill all week and just isn't sufficiently recovered to make the ride. :cray:

Have fun, all, and be careful.

Looks like the weather will be typical for the mountains of New Mexico. About a 30% chance of thunder storms each day next week. But like Colorado, that is the norm for a afternoon thunderstorm to come up, last about 30-45 minutes and then clear up. last year we lucked out and did not get any rain at all.

I replaced the little rubber caps that cover the vacuum tubes on the throttle bodies, cleaned my air cleaner and added some Sea Foam fuel treatment/ Injector Cleaner (not sure if this stuff actually works or not) and then filled her up with high 105 octane racing fuel that was only .10 cents above premium gas just to help clean it out. Took it for a test ride and she ran perfect. Now I hope the bike runs as well above 6000 feet and I'll be totally happy. I picked up new vacuum caps for .30 cents apiece at my local auto parts store. I tend to think they made the difference, probably because I had inadvertently tore a small hole in one or two of the caps pulling them off last time I adjusted the throttle bodies. So now everything is good to go for Monday morning.

Looks like the weather will be typical for the mountains of New Mexico. About a 30% chance of thunder storms each day next week. But like Colorado, that is the norm for a afternoon thunderstorm to come up, last about 30-45 minutes and then clear up. last year we lucked out and did not get any rain at all.

I replaced the little rubber caps that cover the vacuum tubes on the throttle bodies, cleaned my air cleaner and added some Sea Foam fuel treatment/ Injector Cleaner (not sure if this stuff actually works or not) and then filled her up with high 105 octane racing fuel that was only .10 cents above premium gas just to help clean it out. Took it for a test ride and she ran perfect. Now I hope the bike runs as well above 6000 feet and I'll be totally happy. I picked up new vacuum caps for .30 cents apiece at my local auto parts store. I tend to think they made the difference, probably because I had inadvertently tore a small hole in one or two of the caps pulling them off last time I adjusted the throttle bodies. So now everything is good to go for Monday morning.

Looks like the weather will be typical for the mountains of New Mexico. About a 30% chance of thunder storms each day next week. But like Colorado, that is the norm for a afternoon thunderstorm to come up, last about 30-45 minutes and then clear up. last year we lucked out and did not get any rain at all....

Looks like the weather will be typical for the mountains of New Mexico. About a 30% chance of thunder storms each day next week. But like Colorado, that is the norm for a afternoon thunderstorm to come up, last about 30-45 minutes and then clear up. last year we lucked out and did not get any rain at all....
Goddamnit, Big-D!

Get a grip!

You're s'posed to be the friggin' rally-bastard, and you're double-posting two days before the thing even starts!

Goddamnit, Big-D!

Get a grip!

You're s'posed to be the friggin' rally-bastard, and you're double-posting two days before the thing even starts!

Goddamnit, Big-D!

Get a grip!

:)