2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geezer, this is well worth doing - incredibly scenic; much better than screwing an alligator, even

though RadioHowie would argue that one!!!

"Much better than screwing an alligator." I'm gonna use that quote here somewhere.

Buncha perverted dipshits!

As far as what to do other than ride your motorcycle, well:

You can ride to Taos Ski Valley, ride the lift up and hike down.

You can ride to Chama and ride the Cumbers Toltec Railroad. If you call ahead, they will transport your bike with you and will drop you off at one of the stops. Then you can ride back to Taos.

You can ride to Sandia Peak and check out the view from 11,000 feet above Albuquerque. You can stop in Madrid along the way and grab an awesome lunch at the Mine Shaft Tavern.

You can ride to AngelFire and just hang out at the Vietnam Memorial. Sometimes its just a good place to sit and think about sacrifices made that are bigger than ours.

You can ride to Eagles Nest, spend $26 on a fishing license, or less for the seniors, go to the lake, and catch some awesome fish after spending some time enjoying the altitude, clean air and awesome views.

You may even be able to find something cool going on in Taos Pueblo, but I doubt it during the week.

You can ride to Jemez and find a great hot spring where you can hang out, soak, and just feel better. Hell, you could make the trip to Pagosa and do the same.

There's more than sand and Alligators boys and girls.

Try Google...It is probably your friend.
The A Bomb museum in Los Alamos is worth a visit....

https://www.lanl.gov/museum/exhibits/history.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to remind everyone that is planning on attending; a FREE full breakfast is being offered for each day, a Bike Wash station will be set up for anyone wanting a sparkling clean motorcycle, the BBQ will be held on Wednesday night starting at 6pm, because the Native American dancers will be performing at 7pm; there will also be Happy Hour held from 4pm-7pm each day

Just wanted to remind everyone that is planning on attending; a FREE full breakfast is being offered for each day, a Bike Wash station will be set up for anyone wanting a sparkling clean motorcycle, the BBQ will be held on Wednesday night starting at 6pm, because the Native American dancers will be performing at 7pm; there will also be Happy Hour held from 4pm-7pm each day
Alrighty-roo Guys, half price alcohol! This means we can get our FJR Forum selves drunk twice as fast!

As Colonel Hannibal Smith of the A Team always says: "I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!"

...and there'll be photo ops on the way.

MonumentValleyWStaudt.jpg

(W. Staudt photo)

Well all of you folks have a good time and be careful out there. I really wish I could make it this year, but the Doctor told me NO motorcycle riding for at least another month. Truth be known, I do not think I could handle the bike right now anyway. Open heart surgery really took it out of me.

I have attended every SW-FOG since the start and it does hurt to miss this one.

Be good and take care!!!

Bruce Waldron

aka Longrider

Well all of you folks have a good time and be careful out there. I really wish I could make it this year, but the Doctor told me NO motorcycle riding for at least another month. Truth be known, I do not think I could handle the bike right now anyway. Open heart surgery really took it out of me.

I have attended every SW-FOG since the start and it does hurt to miss this one.

Be good and take care!!!

Bruce Waldron

aka Longrider
Bruce My Buddy, you're one of the finest Gentlemen on our Forum; get well soon Amigo, we'll see you at SW-FOG 2012 in Colorado. Figure 3rd weekend in August.

One more w**k day to go,

One more w**k day to go,

Ee - eye Daddy Oh,

One more w**k day to go,

:yahoo:

Then we're off and running.....

Yosemite, Mammoth, St George, Zion, Bryce, Torrey, Durango, Telluride, Taos, North rim GC, .... :D

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/30/officer-sex-car_n_942051.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk1%7C91018 NEW MEXICO TRAVEL ADVISORY: If you see a New Mexico State Highway Patrol Officer having sex with a woman on the hood of his patrol car, please be advised that it is considered extremely rude and highly inconsiderate to: A) Honk your horn. B ) Flash your lights. C) Whistle out and yell to him - "Git'r Done HRZ!". And for rushes and Old Michael, please no photography, videos or tape recordings!

Not gonna happen again this year folks.. An opportunity to generate much needed $$ has presented itself, and as I've mooched off enough of you this year, I feel it best I take advantage of this temporary job.

Not gonna happen again this year folks.. An opportunity to generate much needed $$ has presented itself, and as I've mooched off enough of you this year, I feel it best I take advantage of this temporary job.
Alright Fuckhead, Papa Chuy is putting you on notice; you're going to SW-FOG in 2012 next year, even if I have to drag your girlie man ass out West by your anus hairs!

Dates are already set: August 16-19, 2012-Thursday through Sunday. I know that you ride like a pussy, or Carver; do I have to trailer up a bike for you, you are so Homo!

Papa Chuy is putting you on notice; you're going to SW-FOG in 2012 next year, even if I have to drag your girlie man ass out West by your anus hairs!
Aiieeee...

I'd go to New Mexico, but my passport is expired.
https://travel.state.gov/passport/hurry/hurry_831.html No problemos Pedro, follow the instructions on this link and you can have your US Passport by Tuesday. Las Canadienses, don't forget your Frostback Passports for Nuevo Mexico, apply at any Tim Horton's!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/30/officer-sex-car_n_942051.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk1%7C91018 NEW MEXICO TRAVEL ADVISORY: If you see a New Mexico State Highway Patrol Officer having sex with a woman on the hood of his patrol car, please be advised that it is considered extremely rude and highly inconsiderate to: A) Honk your horn. B ) Flash your lights. C) Whistle out and yell to him - "Git'r Done HRZ!". And for rushes and Old Michael, please no photography, videos or tape recordings!
Actually, HRZ isn't a New Mexico State POLICE OFFICER (not highway patrol officer). His brother though, he encourages horn honking and the flashing of lights. Photos are permitted for a small fee. Oh, and that's not his patrol car.

Aside from that (thanks for bringing it up Beemerdons), I wanted to give you all a heads up on some construction areas that are saturated with officers writing LOTS of tickets. US64 from Tres Piedras to Taos is being hit hard as is US285 between the Colorado border and Ojo Caliente. State Road 522 north from Taos toward Questa just had chipseal finished up so careful with loose gravel (it's mostly gone now) and heightened patrols there. Everything else is pretty normal.

THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR!!! (these'll kill ya, not write you a ticket) If you're riding near dawn or dusk, take it VERY EASY! We've had a lot of elk and deer out lately and those are the hours they are at their worst. Also, if it's raining watch for sand, gravel, rocks, debris, and water running across the highway in low spots...this is especially true for State Road 38 between Eagle Nest and Questa, US64 between Tres Piedras and Taos, State Road 96 from Cuba to Abiquiu, and State Road 518 from Las Vegas to Taos.

Last but not least...If any of you are riding in on Saturday or Sunday let me know. I probably can't join you for trips around here for the SW-FOG because of my work schedule during the week, but those days I'm off and just wanna ride! I'd be more than happy to show a few little twisty out-of-the-way roads that most people probably won't see otherwise. Get here safely and if you have any problems try reaching one of the dispatches...Taos Central Dispatch (575)758-2216 or New Mexico State Police Dispatch (505)753-2277. Get here safe and hopefully I'll be able to see you all at some point! (beemerdons, PLEASE don't sleep neked with Big-D again, it's still causing me nightmares...)