2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, apparently being in the middle of the week has not stopped KiloWatts from riding all the way from Colorado to attend our friendly SW-FOG. Welcome aboard Kent. Time is getting closer, so I'll start getting the official numbers from Cheryl and let everyone know where we stand in participants.

Dan
Reservations are made. Looking forward to riding with some new FJR friends - might even spring for a round of "cold ones" - who knows. And thanks, Big-D, and others for your work in setting-up this gathering.

KW
Very glad to hear you are riding to SW-FOG 2011 KiloWatts, you will have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder of last years SW-FOG gathering before dinner.

392049777.jpg

Here are the ladies of the group.

392079348.jpg

I wonder what new faces will be in this years group photo?

Here is some of the scenery we past along the way to SW-FOG.

Bryce NP

392174417.jpg

Zion NP

392174414.jpg

Silverton, CO

392174406.jpg

One of my favorites, Capital Reef

392174391.jpg

The Folds, south of Capital Reef

392174387.jpg

What scenic routes do you have mapped out for your ride to this years' SW-FOG?

I haven't been able to attend any of the FJR meets, but I think tentatively this one I can do! I'm gonna go ahead and make the reservation and hope to see you all in a few months.

I've never explored that part of the country so it will all be new to me!
THIS ^ Just made up my mind ! (That and the pics)

Mind if I join you Jim? Those roads out there look mighty bent up though- I guess I can use my emergency flashers,

and everyone can go around me. Dog-gone... there seems to be an up and down pattern too. :eek: What are those? Hills?

I'm in too !
Tony, yep, we're gonna have to learn about these "hills" and "curves"!

BUMP REMINDER! Southwest FOG 2011 is just two months away now. Fantastically fun FJR Forum Rally amidst the incredible riding scenery of Northern New Mexico.

The most fun you can have with your clothes on! Oh wait just a minute, there was some clothing optional at last year's event, wasn't there HotRodZilla and SkooterG!

Well Don, I guess all good things come to an end. I have to go in for some maintenance on my old body. I will be unable to attend SW-Fog this year. Seems a bypass is needed to keep the "gas" flowing as it should.

Really sad I cannot postpone this until Fall, but the doctor says "right now."

This will be the first SW-FOG I have missed since they started.

I know all of you folks will have a great time. Hoist one for me and have breakfast at Michael's.

Bruce Waldron

Longrider

Well Don, I guess all good things come to an end. I have to go in for some maintenance on my old body. I will be unable to attend SW-Fog this year. Seems a bypass is needed to keep the "gas" flowing as it should.

Really sad I cannot postpone this until Fall, but the doctor says "right now."

This will be the first SW-FOG I have missed since they started.

I know all of you folks will have a great time. Hoist one for me and have breakfast at Michael's.

Bruce Waldron

Longrider
Dear Bruce, So very sorry to hear you will not be able to attend this year's SW-FOG, you've always been a "regular" at every one of these SW-FOG's!

We, Big-D and all the Others, are pulling for you in your bypass! We know you will be just fine and we will see you 100% at SW-FOG 2012 in Colorado.

Hey Bruce, I'll miss you at SW-FOG, always good to see and talk to you. Good luck with your madical indeavor...

I'm out for SW-FOG.

I plan on EOM this year.
Thank God. I wasn't looking forward to hauling your ass home again. The local liquor stores ate gonna miss your business though.

Haha...
Who is really going to miss Adam the most is Patch308. My eyes are still seared from glancing into their room at 0600 through the open curtain and witnessing the torridly intense scene I saw!

I was up at 0600 looking for my Miss Lucy Liu, since I had turned in the previous night without locking her forks. Luckily, she was only a few blocks away from my room; jackasses pushed her!

Life has had a lot of changes for me this year and SWFOG wasn't on my radar. But now that the IBR is over, things are a bit more relaxed here and after a ping from Ken H. I checked the thread, called the lodge and scored a room for the event. Despite the sheep action, my honey said she would come with. Good thing she doesn't know most of you! I'll probably even ride the FJR.... but if that other Yamaha shows up by then, who knows. :yahoo:

I hope the rain comes in before you all come to NM. We are the driest state in the union, and you can sure tell. Maybe southern Colorado or Utah would have been a better choice this year. I know your locked in, but I hope things change before September. :glare:

Life has had a lot of changes for me this year and SWFOG wasn't on my radar. But now that the IBR is over, things are a bit more relaxed here and after a ping from Ken H. I checked the thread, called the lodge and scored a room for the event. Despite the sheep action, my honey said she would come with. Good thing she doesn't know most of you! I'll probably even ride the FJR.... but if that other Yamaha shows up by then, who knows. :yahoo:
Brother Eric, Very glad to hear that you and The Missus will be attending! A good time, with a lot of laughs, is always had as SW-FOG! Regards, Don

Two months from today on September 6 SW-FOG 2011 kicks off. Still plenty of rooms available and we all would love to see you come to Taos, New Mexico for the good times.

Remember: Absolutely no organized Rally Fees for SW-FOG!

Does this mean that you have a "No Refund" policy? :p
MCRIDER007: Please submit your request for a refund directly to our Customer Satisfaction Team of SkooterGreg and pinhead Dave, they will give this matter their undivided "personal" attention!

IMG_6332.jpg

MCRIDER007: Please submit your request for a refund directly to our Customer Satisfaction Team of SkooterGreg and pinhead Dave, they will give this matter their undivided "personal" attention!
I guess this means that you have both a "No Refund" and a "No Customer Satisfaction" policy....now I have to find a way to get that image out of my mind.

I guess this means that you have both a "No Refund" and a "No Customer Satisfaction" policy....now I have to find a way to get that image out of my mind.
Oh, I'm sorry MCRIDER007, I should've advised you to get directly in touch with our SW-FOG Quality Experience Director HotRodZilla! Submit your inquiries directly to AJ at SW-FOG 2011 on the first evening, I highly recommend you contact HRZ before his fifth tequila of the evening! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!