2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember: Absolutely no organized Rally Fees for SW-FOG!
Does this mean that you have a "No Refund" policy? :p
MCRIDER007: Please submit your request for a refund directly to our Customer Satisfaction Team of SkooterGreg and pinhead Dave, they will give this matter their undivided "personal" attention!
I guess this means that you have both a "No Refund" and a "No Customer Satisfaction" policy....now I have to find a way to get that image out of my mind.
Oh, I'm sorry MCRIDER007, I should've advised you to get directly in touch with our SW-FOG Quality Experience Director HotRodZilla! Submit your inquiries directly to AJ at SW-FOG 2011 on the first evening, I highly recommend you contact HRZ before his fifth tequila of the evening! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
OK, I get it! You have a "No Refund", a "No Customer Satisfaction", and a "No Quality Experience" Policy....but please, no more pictures. Do you have anyone (no pictures..preferred) that wants to share a motel room if I can ride all the way to Taos without getting lost?

Remember: Absolutely no organized Rally Fees for SW-FOG!
Does this mean that you have a "No Refund" policy? :p
MCRIDER007: Please submit your request for a refund directly to our Customer Satisfaction Team of SkooterGreg and pinhead Dave, they will give this matter their undivided "personal" attention!
I guess this means that you have both a "No Refund" and a "No Customer Satisfaction" policy....now I have to find a way to get that image out of my mind.
Oh, I'm sorry MCRIDER007, I should've advised you to get directly in touch with our SW-FOG Quality Experience Director HotRodZilla! Submit your inquiries directly to AJ at SW-FOG 2011 on the first evening, I highly recommend you contact HRZ before his fifth tequila of the evening! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
OK, I get it! You have a "No Refund", a "No Customer Satisfaction", and a "No Quality Experience" Policy....but please, no more pictures. Do you have anyone (no pictures..preferred) that wants to share a motel room if I can ride all the way to Taos without getting lost?
I would recommend that you send a Private Message to our ever friendly, happy, joyous and helpful FJR Forum Administrator GalaxyBlue. If Adam can fit it into his business schedule, I know that he would like a room mate to cut down the lodging costs at SW-FOG 2011.

MCRIDER007, I will start a new SW-FOG Header for "Room Sharing", encouraging other participants to contact you if they wish to share a room at The Best Western Kachina Lodge in Taos, New Mexico.

IMG_20100919_162636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend that you send a Private Message to our ever friendly, happy, joyous and helpful FJR Forum Administrator GalaxyBlue. If Adam can fit it into his business schedule, I know that he would like a room mate to cut down the lodging costs at SW-FOG 2011.

MCRIDER007, I will start a new SW-FOG Header for "Room Sharing", encouraging other participants to contact you if they wish to share a room at The Best Western Kachina Lodge in Taos, New Mexico.
Thanks, maybe I will get lucky and also find a riding partner from the PNW.

I'm in for the thurd year in a row. Made my reservations, planning my routes to and from. Looking forward to another great adventure to the SW.
MCRIDER007: I bumped this post for you. blufjr - Ken comes down from Vancouver, Washington every year for SW-FOG. Ken is a really great guy and a pleasure to talk to and ride with. I know he lives 200+/- miles West of Kennewick, but you may want to send him a Private Message and ask about his routing to New Mexico from WA.

Also, there is a large contingent of Northern California FJR Forum Members coming to Taos, you may send a Private Message to them and tag in with them in NorCal.

Some names: The Highlander's from Santa Cruz, Mr. and Mrs. Bluestreek, The HYCLE'S - Mike and Terri, Rog/Deb and I believe my Irish Cousin Old Michael is once again attending.

PLEASE NOTE: When you meet Roger (English!), if he's wearing a cocktail dress as his riding gear, just don't ask and try your best to ignore this issue. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

MCRIDER007: I bumped this post for you. blufjr - Ken comes down from Vancouver, Washington every year for SW-FOG. Ken is a really great guy and a pleasure to talk to and ride with. I know he lives 200+/- miles West of Kennewick, but you may want to send him a Private Message and ask about his routing to New Mexico from WA.
Thanks, but I have already contacted Ken and he has a roommate/riding partner. He invited me to ride with them but they are taking a long scenic route to Taos...which I am considering. I also sent an email to my semi-regular riding partner in Schertz, TX; but if he were to actually show up on his POS R1200GS, I would have to ride my new Tenere so we could compare them.

If you'll promise to wear shaggy wool pants, I'll share a room with you. I'll bring the tequila!

Life has had a lot of changes for me this year and SWFOG wasn't on my radar. But now that the IBR is over, things are a bit more relaxed here and after a ping from Ken H. I checked the thread, called the lodge and scored a room for the event. Despite the sheep action, my honey said she would come with. Good thing she doesn't know most of you! I'll probably even ride the FJR.... but if that other Yamaha shows up by then, who knows. :yahoo:
Eric, great to hear that you are coming to SW-FOG. A really great bunch of guys to ride with. Look forward to seeing you again and the Missus. What's this about a new Yamaha?

Thanks, but I have already contacted Ken and he has a roommate/riding partner. He invited me to ride with them but they are taking a long scenic route to Taos...which I am considering. I also sent an email to my semi-regular riding partner in Schertz, TX; but if he were to actually show up on his POS R1200GS, I would have to ride my new Tenere so we could compare them.
Bring the Tenere, there will be plenty of FJR's. :)

If you'll promise to wear shaggy wool pants, I'll share a room with you. I'll bring the tequila!
Its going to take a lot more than tequila to get me to wear shaggy wool pants anywhere near a SW FJR rider.

Life has had a lot of changes for me this year and SWFOG wasn't on my radar. But now that the IBR is over, things are a bit more relaxed here and after a ping from Ken H. I checked the thread, called the lodge and scored a room for the event. Despite the sheep action, my honey said she would come with. Good thing she doesn't know most of you! I'll probably even ride the FJR.... but if that other Yamaha shows up by then, who knows. :yahoo:
Eric... this is good news !

See you there !

Even though I should know better, I've just reserved a room.

(...and I won't be needing a shirt, HRZ, ...OR a 'cold-cream hand job', Señor Bust.)
Oh I think Bust will be deciding what you "need" or don't need... :dribble: Hopefully there won't be any pictures!

Even though I should know better, I've just reserved a room.

(...and I won't be needing a shirt, HRZ, ...OR a 'cold-cream hand job', Señor Bust.)
Oh I think Bust will be deciding what you "need" or don't need... :dribble: Hopefully there won't be any pictures!
Slainte Mick: Great news you're once again attending SW-FOG in Toas. Big-Dan and Chuy are so excited we're going to JC Penney's for new underwear (tighty-whitey)!

Well damn, I was really planning on attending but I just found out today that I have to have a piece of my liver and a few lymph nodes cut out mid-Aug and Dr says I can't ride for 4-6 wks after. I was really looking forward to meeting this weird bunch and checking out everyones bike, maybe there will be a next year!!!

Well damn, I was really planning on attending but I just found out today that I have to have a piece of my liver and a few lymph nodes cut out mid-Aug and Dr says I can't ride for 4-6 wks after. I was really looking forward to meeting this weird bunch and checking out everyones bike, maybe there will be a next year!!!
Very sorry to hear about your surgery ehc0720, but all will be well for you! There will be a SW-FOG 2012, we probably will move it up to Colorado and into mid-August!