2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with Cheryl from the Kachina Lodge in Taos, NM. Last year 6 weeks before the SW-FOG, we had 14 riders signed up. As of right now, we have 19 signed up. The majority of the riders signed up within the 6 weeks prior. I do not think its right to post names of the attendees, as it is up to them if they want anyone to know. However, we are still missing HRZ from the list of attendees and his brother Patch.

There are room still available, so if you want to show up in Taos, now is a good time to make your reservation. I will also say there are several names that Don & I could not identify, so it is always good to have riders attend that have not been to the SW-FOG.

Dan (Big-D)

Well damn, I was really planning on attending but I just found out today that I have to have a piece of my liver and a few lymph nodes cut out mid-Aug and Dr says I can't ride for 4-6 wks after. I was really looking forward to meeting this weird bunch and checking out everyones bike, maybe there will be a next year!!!
Pfffft! Just a little cosmetic surgery! Blow it off - wouldn't you rather be riding? :lol:

Best of luck on the surgery. If you need anybody to excercise your FJR while you are down, just let me know! :D

Bumping the thread. Only 4 weeks and a few days to SW-FOG!

Bonus, the Super Tenere showed up a few days ago. Now if the rest of the farkles would get here, I'll be good to go on the S10 to Taos, or perhaps still take the old girl, (FJR), since she can still motivate down the road and she's more confident following Don on strange roads. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Bumping the thread. Only 4 weeks and a few days to SW-FOG!

Bonus, the Super Tenere showed up a few days ago. Now if the rest of the farkles would get here, I'll be good to go on the S10 to Taos, or perhaps still take the old girl, (FJR), since she can still motivate down the road and she's more confident following Don on strange roads. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
Sounds Great Eric, also looking forward to seeing You and the S10!

I just made my motel reservation. Looking forward to some fun days.

See you there.

Mac

I just made my motel reservation. Looking forward to some fun days.

See you there.

Mac
Sounds Great Mac, looking forward to seeing you in Taos! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139742 Here is the information on ordering up your SW-FOG 2011 Rally Shirt!

Both Man and Beast have a Fantastic time at SW-FOG!

IMG_4240.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP REMINDER!

SW-FOG 2011 starts four weeks from today in N. New Mexico: Be There Or Be Square! Still plenty of rooms left at the Inn and the Taos FJR Roads are incredibly twisty and scenic. If you don't come, I'm sending "this one" over to your house to sit on your face! Remember, it could be worse, I could be sending Old Michael! Adam doesn't like to have to do this, while OM looks forward to it!

FJRForum admins never stop working for you:

DSC_1158.jpg

BUMP REMINDER!

So how many FJR's are you looking at attending this year? There were quite a few last year I know. I will try to join you for a ride this year, but can't make it for the whole event, damnit! We been getting a little rain and things are looking alot greener here, I hope it keeps it up. See you in Taos NM. Are you bringing the new BMW? :rolleyes:

So how many FJR's are you looking at attending this year? There were quite a few last year I know. I will try to join you for a ride this year, but can't make it for the whole event, damnit! We been getting a little rain and things are looking alot greener here, I hope it keeps it up. See you in Taos NM. Are you bringing the new BMW? :rolleyes:
Hi Bud, Big-D should, with good behavior, be released from Mohave County Jail this Friday evening; he will let you know the exact head count on Saturday morning!

I'll be there on 'Gisele', my new red K1600GT. I'm going to show Herr Petey how to ride tight twisties on a Deutsche Motorraden! See you soon in Toas, Nuevo Mexico!

Hi Bud, Big-D should, with good behavior, be released from Mohave County Jail this Friday evening; he will let you know the exact head count on Saturday morning!

I'll be there on 'Gisele', my new red K1600GT. I'm going to show Herr Petey how to ride tight twisties on a Deutsche Motorraden! See you soon in Toas, Nuevo Mexico!
Don, I took a test ride on that bike (K1600GT) when we were in Sonoma for the NASCAR race this last May. They said BMW is taking deposits on them like Yamaha did when I ordered my '03. I really was not very comfortable riding it in the twisties (top heavy) but on the straight-a-ways, my eye balls were stuck to the back of my head. :yahoo:

Great acceleration! But very pricey.

https://enchantedcircle.org/ One of the day rides for SW-FOG 2011 is going to be The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway. No matter how many times you have been to Taos, this is still a classic motorcycle ride and one not to be missed. All feedback is requested by Big-Dan and tu Papa Chuy. Loop is 85 miles, with lots of options!

If Chuy was computer smart enough to make this a poll among attendees I would, but tech geek wise I am as smart as a box of rocks, or Bustanut joker / RadioHowie!

So, your thoughts on whether we ride this loop on Wednesday or Thursday is appreciated! Any suggestions for the second day ride? We have ideas, but want yours too!

https://enchantedcircle.org/ One of the day rides for SW-FOG 2011 is going to be The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway. No matter how many times you have been to Taos, this is still a classic motorcycle ride and one not to be missed. All feedback is requested by Big-Dan and tu Papa Chuy. Loop is 85 miles, with lots of options!

If Chuy was computer smart enough to make this a poll among attendees I would, but tech geek wise I am as smart as a box of rocks, or Bustanut joker / RadioHowie!

So, your thoughts on whether we ride this loop on Wednesday or Thursday is appreciated! Any suggestions for the second day ride? We have ideas, but want yours too!
I plan on doing the The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway :yahoo: on Wednesday because we are leaving for Flagstaff on Thursday :angry2:

Couldn't get the time off.... still trying but doesn't look good. :sorry:
Sorry to hear about that Tony, but we will catch you at SW-FOG 2012. Big-Dan and I are thinking of moving it to Colorado, on the second or third weekend in August, and perhaps in Gunnison, Glenwood or Golden.
I was hoping that Tony was going and we could split a room. But I got the news from him earlier and I'm ready to do the reservation regardless, PLUS I got the all important "kitchen pass" from the little woman.

I am actually going to go to NM from FL by way of Michigan as I had wanted to get up there again. Figure to leave my house ~ Aug 31st, take a couple of days to get up there/see friends, spend a couple of days there, then leave for Taos a couple of days early. I'd like to see some friends in Urbana, IL along the way and if they are not available (He travels alot) then I'll just get there a day early.

Looking forward to meeting "youse guys" er, and gals too, and riding the roads! I have never explored that area so I'm sure it'll be a treat!

Sorry to hear about that Tony, but we will catch you at SW-FOG 2012. Big-Dan and I are thinking of moving it to Colorado, on the second or third weekend in August, and perhaps in Gunnison, Glenwood or Golden.
I was hoping that Tony was going and we could split a room. But I got the news from him earlier and I'm ready to do the reservation regardless, PLUS I got the all important "kitchen pass" from the little woman.

I am actually going to go to NM from FL by way of Michigan as I had wanted to get up there again. Figure to leave my house ~ Aug 31st, take a couple of days to get up there/see friends, spend a couple of days there, then leave for Taos a couple of days early. I'd like to see some friends in Urbana, IL along the way and if they are not available (He travels alot) then I'll just get there a day early.

Looking forward to meeting "youse guys" er, and gals too, and riding the roads! I have never explored that area so I'm sure it'll be a treat!
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139971 fljab, you may want to consider sending a Private Message to phroenips: He is looking for someone to ride South with him to Taos from the Colorado Front Range! phroenips lives in Colorado Springs and here is his map routing: Here's the route I was planning (<-- that's a clicky linky thingy)

Don,

I couldn't get time off for THAT week of SWFOG. BUTT... I got the following 2 weeks off !

I'll be shooting you a PM about ride planning soon. A possible B2B2B attempt will need your

advise on Mexico again. Maybe you could talk SkooterG into a meet-up for his prized (Preferred)

witness sig on my papers (?) I have been through Pheonix twice in the last 2 years- you guys can't

avoid me forever. :p :p