2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139971 fljab, you may want to consider sending a Private Message to phroenips: He is looking for someone to ride South with him to Taos from the Colorado Front Range! phroenips lives in Colorado Springs and here is his map routing: Here's the route I was planning (<-- that's a clicky linky thingy)
That isn't how I was considering coming in as I was going to drop down then over on I40, but it's only miles - lemme look at it....

BUMP REMINDER!

SW-FOG 2011 starts four weeks from today in N. New Mexico: Be There Or Be Square! Still plenty of rooms left at the Inn and the Taos FJR Roads are incredibly twisty and scenic. If you don't come, I'm sending "this one" over to your house to sit on your face! Remember, it could be worse, I could be sending Old Michael! Adam doesn't like to have to do this, while OM looks forward to it!

FJRForum admins never stop working for you:

DSC_1158.jpg

BUMP REMINDER!
In case no one noticed, Adam will be using those two fingers to plug the oil leaking from his crankcase after playing "who can jump the curb the best" on an FJR.

BUMP REMINDER!

SW-FOG 2011 starts 3 weeks from today in N. New Mexico: Be There Or Be Square! Still plenty of rooms left at the Inn and the Taos FJR Roads are incredibly twisty and scenic. If you don't come, I'm sending "this one" over to your house to sit on your face! Remember, could be worse, I could be sending Old Michael! Adam doesn't like to have to do it, while OM looks forward to it!

FJRForum admins never stop working for you:

DSC_1158.jpg

BUMP REMINDER!

PLEASE NOTE: Rally Masters Dan and Don have made the Command Decision that we are canceling the FJR curb jumping competition at this year's SW-FOG 2011 held in Toas. We just cannot amass enough spare FJR oil pans to run this ever popular event, we are very sorry about this development. We hope to revive this always fun and entertaining activity when SW-FOG 2012 moves to Colorado, time will tell if we can come up with a half dozen FJR oil pans!

"In case no one noticed, Adam will be using those two fingers to plug the oil leaking from his crankcase after playing "who can jump the curb the best" on an FJR."

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USNM0314 It is now time to talk about weather in Taos for SW-FOG 2011. You can count on mid-eighties temperature during the day and down to low-fifties at night.

But, you can always count on an afternoon thunderstorm with pounding rain! The Sangre de Cristo "Blood of Christ" Mountains that surround Taos attract approaching thunderstorms like a magnet, they stick up way in the air.

So, bring along your rain gear; it will only rain for a couple of hours, but it does rain every single mid-afternoon and it can rain very heavily! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangre_de_Cristo_Mountains

Hey...Is Shiny Parts Up coming to this shindig? I coulda sworn I saw him making a practice run up highway 4 today. I snapped a picture; check this out:

SPUGoat.jpg

That's gotta be Shiny!

I seriously want to come down for this. It sounds like (and looks like) one hellava great time. Been to Taos (or Toas) before and it's great. Not what one would expect when you think of NM. Moved to KS from CO and miss the heck out of the mountains. With my job, the week before September 11th makes it impossible to get away. I saw somewhere on here that you guys are looking at possibly doing it the end of August next year. That will be much better for me so I guess I'll have to look forward to 2012. I need to drum up some more owners from Kansas and Oklahoma to come along for the trip. You guys and gals (and sheep) have a great time! I look forward to your posts on the event!

I seriously want to come down for this. It sounds like (and looks like) one hellava great time. Been to Taos (or Toas) before and it's great. Not what one would expect when you think of NM. Moved to KS from CO and miss the heck out of the mountains. With my job, the week before September 11th makes it impossible to get away. I saw somewhere on here that you guys are looking at possibly doing it the end of August next year. That will be much better for me so I guess I'll have to look forward to 2012. I need to drum up some more owners from Kansas and Oklahoma to come along for the trip. You guys and gals (and sheep) have a great time! I look forward to your posts on the event!
FJR_Mikey, Sorry you can't make Toas this year, we will see you next year. Chances are really good that 2012 SW-FOG will be held the third weekend of August in Gunnison, Colorado.

Appreciate it beemerdons! That's pretty close to the same distance for me as Taos. You guys have fun this year... I hate that I will not get to meet Dolly. She looks hot and morally liberal to boot. Hope to see you guys next year.

Appreciate it beemerdons! That's pretty close to the same distance for me as Taos. You guys have fun this year... I hate that I will not get to meet Dolly. She looks hot and morally liberal to boot. Hope to see you guys next year.
Sounds Great, Miss Dolly "The FJR Forum Party Sheep" used to be pretty tight; until the Canadians got ahold of her, damn Bogstompers!

2011 SW-FOG

September 6 – September 9, 2011

Best Western Kachina Lodge & Meeting Center

413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos, New Mexico, 87571

Reservations: 575-758-2275 or 1-800-522-4462

Mention: SW-FOG or Group #1669

Notice:

This year SW-FOG is being held during the week with check-in being Tuesday September 6th and check-out being Friday September 9th. After much consideration, it was decided that holding this rally during the week will allow more riders to attend. Holding on a weekend causes peoples schedule to run into two different weeks, which can cause conflicts with vacation planning for those members that require work related scheduling. The whole point of posting this information so early is to allow everyone wanting to attend the ability to make arrangements, fulfill job requirements, save money, etc. etc.

Requests for the ride being held again in Taos (Toas) were over whelming. The Kachina Lodge was very hospitable to us last year, the weather was perfect and the riding unsurpassed. Colorado was considered, but memories of the family of Pinheads attending the 2009 SW-FOG in Page, AZ where they had to ride through snow to get to Page. The weather along the Western Slope is unpredictable in September.

Details:

Room Rates: $79.99 per day

There are currently 20 Single King and 20 Queen/ Queen Rooms reserved and you can request a smoking room if you so desire. Rates are good three days prior and three days after for those of you that want to arrive early or stay late. Mention SW-FOG when making reservation

Breakfast: Free full Breakfast each and every day

Dinner: $18.83 inc. tax & tip (same as last year). Dinner will be served Wednesday evening. Payment for the meal will be paid upon check-in. I went ahead and picked the BBQ Chicken & Ribs w/trimmings since it was very good last year.

Bike Wash: Washing area will be setup with towels for drying upon our arrival starting Tuesday morning and will be available through Thursday.

Drinks: Last year we received ½ off our first drink in the hotel bar. I am working on this again this year, but it is not yet etched in stone. I will advise at a later date.

It would be appreciated if each attending rider would drop Big-D a PM letting me know you are attending and whether you will be bringing someone [i.e. Pillion, Sheep, Goat, Armadillo (real or otherwise)]. This enables us to keep track of total attendees
Big-D, Just wanted to let you know that I will be attending the SW-FOG in Taos this year, and am planning on sharing a room with Sacremento Mike(already contacted him and set this up) Hope this helps with keeping a tally for attendees. Phil Ellis

2011 SW-FOG

September 6 – September 9, 2011

Best Western Kachina Lodge & Meeting Center

413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos, New Mexico, 87571

Reservations: 575-758-2275 or 1-800-522-4462

Mention: SW-FOG or Group #1669

Notice:

This year SW-FOG is being held during the week with check-in being Tuesday September 6th and check-out being Friday September 9th. After much consideration, it was decided that holding this rally during the week will allow more riders to attend. Holding on a weekend causes peoples schedule to run into two different weeks, which can cause conflicts with vacation planning for those members that require work related scheduling. The whole point of posting this information so early is to allow everyone wanting to attend the ability to make arrangements, fulfill job requirements, save money, etc. etc.

Requests for the ride being held again in Taos (Toas) were over whelming. The Kachina Lodge was very hospitable to us last year, the weather was perfect and the riding unsurpassed. Colorado was considered, but memories of the family of Pinheads attending the 2009 SW-FOG in Page, AZ where they had to ride through snow to get to Page. The weather along the Western Slope is unpredictable in September.

Details:

Room Rates: $79.99 per day

There are currently 20 Single King and 20 Queen/ Queen Rooms reserved and you can request a smoking room if you so desire. Rates are good three days prior and three days after for those of you that want to arrive early or stay late. Mention SW-FOG when making reservation

Breakfast: Free full Breakfast each and every day

Dinner: $18.83 inc. tax & tip (same as last year). Dinner will be served Wednesday evening. Payment for the meal will be paid upon check-in. I went ahead and picked the BBQ Chicken & Ribs w/trimmings since it was very good last year.

Bike Wash: Washing area will be setup with towels for drying upon our arrival starting Tuesday morning and will be available through Thursday.

Drinks: Last year we received ½ off our first drink in the hotel bar. I am working on this again this year, but it is not yet etched in stone. I will advise at a later date.

It would be appreciated if each attending rider would drop Big-D a PM letting me know you are attending and whether you will be bringing someone [i.e. Pillion, Sheep, Goat, Armadillo (real or otherwise)]. This enables us to keep track of total attendees
Big-D, Just wanted to let you know that I will be attending the SW-FOG in Taos this year, and am planning on sharing a room with Sacremento Mike(already contacted him and set this up) Hope this helps with keeping a tally for attendees. Phil Ellis
We are very glad to hear that you are attending SW-FOG, Phil. Just three words of advice from Old Michael and Papa Chuy, since you are rooming with SacramentoMike: 1) When you go to sleep, wear three pairs of jeans, one on top of the other. 2) Get a room on the first floor, in case you have to jump out of the window. 3) Wear your ear plugs in your nose, due to Miguel's "gas" problems!

jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

:eek: BeemerDon, make sure you bring "My" CD-Rom that Ed made for me from last year, otherwise Ed will have to cut your head off in this years pics and you're liable to end up with a pair of Adam's underwear in your pillowcase.

I don't think Jim is coming again this year, so I'll need to find someone else to throw their glasses on the ground in front of me to see if my CT will miss them or not.

As of right now there have been 26 rooms rented at the Kachina Lodge under our group name. There is also a group of triumph motorcyclist that will be sharing the hotel with us also. There are still a few names not showing up on the list that I believe will still show up. Cheryl told me they have a couple newbies at the front desk that may have placed a couple names with the wrong group, but once everyone starts checking in, that will be straightened out. So there will not be any problems. AJ & Skooter might be sharing a sleeping-bag under one of the pine trees. Pinhead can't make it this year because having to share Skooter with another might be too much for him to bear after all that spit swapping that was going on between them last year. Love works in strange ways!!

This will be a great place to lay-out their sleeping bag!!

REMEMBER: What happens at SW-FOG, Stays at SW-FOG or until the pictures get posted!!!

Hey Don, I'm wanting to come up and ride for a day with you all. Do you have an idea which routes and what days your running those routes? SO I can plan which day I join you for a jaunt through the mountians! :) I would come up in the evening, stay the night, be there for the morning ride departure time. :yahoo: It's the best I can do at this point with my work schedule. <_< If I quit before Sw-FOG I'll be there for the whole thing. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hey Don, I'm wanting to come up and ride for a day with you all. Do you have an idea which routes and what days your running those routes? SO I can plan which day I join you for a jaunt through the mountians! :) I would come up in the evening, stay the night, be there for the morning ride departure time. :yahoo: It's the best I can do at this point with my work schedule. <_< If I quit before Sw-FOG I'll be there for the whole thing. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Bud, I'd like for you to pick what day you want to come up and you pick the route you want to lead us on. Serve as our Ride Leader for that day, you're a local NM rider!