2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get a chance to look at the route I sent you? I sent it over to our WV route scout also to see what he has to say about it.
I haven't even downloaded it, yet. I'm internet handicapped at home right now.

& I don't have my flash drive on me. That kinda precludes me downloading & looking at it today.

& when you speak of the WV scout... are you speaking of Jim? Keep in mind he doesn't have a GPS. Well, actually he does. It's his butt GPS. I've seen it recalculate a few times!
It isn't a GPS route that I sent, just route numbers and names. Yes the "Route Scout" is Jim.

I'm so surprised Bob didn't pick that up! lol!

Bob, I just checked my email account. The email that you sent didn't come through. I also checked the Spam folder to see if maybe it was accidentally sent there. Unless your email account has the name "Best-Penis", your email does not appear to have come through. Please try again. My home email addy is caddbuff at aol dot com

Bob, I just checked my email account. The email that you sent didn't come through. I also checked the Spam folder to see if maybe it was accidentally sent there. Unless your email account has the name "Best-Penis", your email does not appear to have come through. Please try again. My home email addy is caddbuff at aol dot com
But did the Best-Penis "come through"? :lol:

I will check when I get home, but I had your email. I may had a PEBKAC issue.

But did the Best-Penis "come through"? :lol:

I will check when I get home, but I had your email. I may had a PEBKAC issue.
Unfortunately yes, best penis came through. Trust me, it was nothing about GPS routing.

Im really surprised that there hasnt been a much larger interest in this event. Maybe as it gets closer more will chime in.

Im really surprised that there hasnt been a much larger interest in this event. Maybe as it gets closer more will chime in.

I would tend to agree. A great camping meet location with awesome roads nearby. Those that aren't signed up just don't know what they are missing. :yahoo:

If I wasn't organizing the Ramble, I would be there in a heartbeat. :clapping:

Don't worry though, those that attend will have a great time. I actually prefer somewhat the smaller meets...

I would tend to agree. A great camping meet location with awesome roads nearby. Those that aren't signed up just don't know what they are missing. :yahoo:

Don't worry though, those that attend will have a great time. I actually prefer somewhat the smaller meets...
Wheatie's right on the smaller groups and this will be a blast.

Hey Joe - can you take cabin off my name on the list. I am officially camping! Pulled out and cleaned up the tent( didn't even recall why I had one in the first place?), grabbing my son's sleeping bag so I'm ready to rough it. This should be interesting. :D

Hey Joe - can you take cabin off my name on the list. I am officially camping! Pulled out and cleaned up the tent( didn't even recall why I had one in the first place?), grabbing my son's sleeping bag so I'm ready to rough it. This should be interesting. :D
Done, glad you decided to join us Will ;)

Add me to the list of campers. I fully intended to make it from the get-go

and went straight to the planning stage and forgot to register.

I'll see everyone there.

Might wanna pack a sleeping pad there Will...yer not as young as you used to be...plus it will insulate you from a coldish ground temperature in May.

Being a former cabin pussy, yer gonna need all the help you can get to be comfy...including extra Jack to fall asleep to. :lol:

Have fun you guys....next year for me. At Breaks too, if this turns out to be as great a place as it looks to be.

Might wanna pack a sleeping pad there Will...yer not as young as you used to be...plus it will insulate you from a coldish ground temperature in May.

Being a former cabin pussy, yer gonna need all the help you can get to be comfy...including extra Jack to fall asleep to. :lol:
You beat me to my next post - what are the camping necessities? I'm sure there is plenty of motocamping info out there that I plan on searching, but if anybody has suggestions let's hear them.

You beat me to my next post - what are the camping necessities? I'm sure there is plenty of motocamping info out there that I plan on searching, but if anybody has suggestions let's hear them.
I think the place has a nice restaurant for meals so I wouldn't bring meal stuff. Just mooch off the others if you get hungry...

Tent with rain fly, something to get the stakes into the ground, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, flashlight. That right there is my bare minimum for sleeping. Of course a doormat is nice for wiping feet, a brush to sweep dirt out of the tent...and bring friends to help you when you forgot something.

I think RoadRunner had a pretty awesome setup, among others, at the camping meet in 2010. Look at his set up when you get a chance...

Tent with rain fly, something to get the stakes into the ground, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, flashlight. That right there is my bare minimum for sleeping.
That's pretty much it. I throw in a little burner stove and pot/mug for my morning fresh brewed coffee. What pisses me off is in the US, you can buy coffee in a bag, like a tea bag. Can't get them up here? WTF is up with that? Works well for some instant oatmeal breakie too.

I bought myself one of those

that packs down *small* instead of lugging around that Thermarest. Never used it yet. This trip will be it's test run.
Woohoo! Is it time yet?!