2013 FJR Pricing Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a deal 3 weeks ago for $14,600 + TTL (10% discount off MSRP and only $300 freight/prep) and gave the dealer a $1,000 deposit (biggest multi-line, multi-branch dealer in Houston that I have done a lot of business with and they had none on the floor). They told me I would have the bike in 4 weeks because they were in the U.S and available for immediate shipment to the dealers. Went by yesterday to drop off my '10 Concours 14 for them to sell on consignment and get an update on the FJR and was told that they just found out that they can't get any '13 FJR's right now because they didn't place any advance orders. They are currently talking to their Yamaha rep about when they can get me one (they have 3 sold so far)--can't believe that this 600 pound gorilla of a dealer doesn't have enough clout with Yamaha to get some new FJR's now. Might have to wait for the next batch to come into the U.S. but, so far, my dealer can't find out when that will be--why would Yamaha hold back shipments when the demand is there? Did they just ship a few to select dealers that had placed advance orders and then stopped production for a while?

Is anyone else hearing this same story? What are you being quoted on delivery dates?
My dealer originally told me he could get one anytime I wanted with a weeks notice. When I pressed him on that he made a phone call and changed his tune a bit. The Pro Yamaha dealer in the area has two bikes on stock order and they tell me that they cannot get anymore. So if that's true why can a Preferred dealer get one? That's a rhetorical question so no need to answer. My dealer, the Preferred dealer, says he will have the bike by December 15. After the crap he pulled with the down payment I don't trust anything he says now.

Well, I've asked for a few quotes via CycleTrader, and have gotten 3 responses. Ones in Ga. and NC. have both quoted approx. $14,600 not including tax/tag/title, but including dealer fees. One closer to home (60 miles) quoted $16,450 including fees, but not t/t/t also. The one closer to home seems to be the norm, offering full retail pricing. Basically, it's a no-brainer, which means flying into somewhere and picking it up and driving home. That doesn't bother me, as it will allow me some time to get to know the bike. I've seen that D&H also offers competitive deals, and that some here have used them. I didn't find an email address to ask for a quote, so i assume it is usually done by phone. Does D&H offer their pricing to the general inquiry, or is that for return customers or long term members of this forum?

D&H pricing was given in the beginning of this thread. It is for anyone. And they will pick you up from the airport. For going on 11 years now they have been known as really good folks.

D&H pricing was given in the beginning of this thread. It is for anyone. And they will pick you up from the airport. For going on 11 years now they have been known as really good folks.
+1, Gunny; their toll free number is 1-877-3YAMAHA, just ask to speak to either Jerold or Renaa.

+1, Gunny; their toll free number is 1-877-3YAMAHA, just ask to speak to either Jerold or Renaa.
Bought my 06 down there and they are great folks!. They also setup my ram mounts and wired in my GPS for the trip home. I bought mine via fedx and registered it at home before I flew down. You can buy the YES contract over the phone regardless of where you buy the bike for $389.

It's reassuring to know that others have had positive experiences. I look forward to calling,and talking to either Renaa or Jerold. As far as the Y.E.S goes, well, I'm pretty screwed there as I live in Florida
mega_shok.gif

It's reassuring to know that others have had positive experiences. I look forward to calling,and talking to either Renaa or Jerold. As far as the Y.E.S goes, well, I'm pretty screwed there as I live in Florida
mega_shok.gif
So, if you have any relatives that don't live in Florida, you send them the money and have them buy it for you in THEIR name, but with their address on the "buyer" info.

Don't think Yamaha is gonna refuse the Y.E.S. to someone who had "moved" to Florida.

mega_shok.gif
So, if you have any relatives that don't live in Florida, you send them the money and have them buy it for you in THEIR name, but with their address on the "buyer" info.

Don't think Yamaha is gonna refuse the Y.E.S. to someone who had "moved" to Florida.
What am I missing here?

Howie, sh

mega_shok.gif

Howie, should "their" be "your", or am I missing something in translation?

mega_shok.gif
Call Renaa and talk to her. She explained the YES situation very nicely over the phone.

Howie, shit / What am I missing here?

mega_shok.gif

Come on LKLD and Dean, do you two mean to tell me that you both cannot speak "Manatee"? As littlefish said, give Renaa a call and she'll explain how to handle the Y.E.S.!

mega_shok.gif

What am I missing here?
The Y.E.S. service policy is considedered "insurance" by the state of Florida. You can't buy "insurance" from an out-of-state provider if you are a resident of Florida, so we Floridians are "held hostage" to the pricing whims of Yammie dealers.

Howie, sh

mega_shok.gif

Yes, I should have type "buy it for you in YOUR name..."

The Y.E.S. service policy is considedered "insurance" by the state of Florida. You can't buy "insurance" from an out-of-state provider if you are a resident of Florida, so we Floridians are "held hostage" to the pricing whims of Yammie dealers.
Ah. That's messed up.
No fun roads, messed up laws, bloo-haired snowbirds, hurricanes blowing your stuff away every few years... Why the hell y'all live there, anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. That's messed up.
No fun roads, messed up laws, bloo-haired snowbirds, hurricanes blowing your stuff away every few years... Why the hell y'all live there, anyway?
Well Dean, for our RadioHowie it is all about the unlimited hot and steamy Manatee sex! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

manateeb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it took almost 100 posts, but I knew, eventually, this thread would end up like so many others. Either gay sex or bestiality.

They always do.

Ah. That's messed up.
Nothing beats a 24/7/365 Riding Season!

And the mosquitoes make a great addition to the diet!